Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Dec. 19-25

Old 12-20-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I decided against the mother's ring, b/c I was unsure if she'd like it. I fugured that you can never go wrong with diamonds. I got her a ring and a matching pendant & necklace. I had them pin up the ring in the wide box with the necklace, so I hope there will be no let down.
Umm, you got her a diamond ring??? You do know that diamond rings are engagement rings...right?
Old 12-20-2011, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

I won't keep this up long b/c I don't want her to come by later, look over my shoulder and see it on the monitor.

BTW I know my cuticles are dry and nasty and my nails don't look much better... I'm a guy, it's okay.

I'm not sure if it's too "busy". When you're a last minute shopper and trying to be a baller on a budget, you don't have too many choices. I'm too broke to get the matching earrings, but I got her some diamond hoops a few years back that she loves that should go well with it (I hope).

Thoughts? I don't think there's any way to confuse the ring for an engagement ring. Lord knows I can't afford one of them right now.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-21-2011 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Umm, you got her a diamond ring??? You do know that diamond rings are engagement rings...right?
Um, no. This is a "right hand" ring. See pic above. If it were a solitaire, maybe. This is just some little diamond chips... almost diamond dust. But it does look pretty good IRL, so she should be happy, hell may even cry. Who knows?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-20-2011 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Yep, yep, yep... To a girl, a diamond is a diamond. Right hand, left hand or otherwise. I think you have walked into the mouth of the lion, myself! lol She's going to ask you what it means. After what, 7 years, it's time to take the plunge! One big, honking solitaire would be my advice... lol.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Yep, yep, yep... To a girl, a diamond is a diamond. Right hand, left hand or otherwise. I think you have walked into the mouth of the lion, myself! lol She's going to ask you what it means. After what, 7 years, it's time to take the plunge! One big, honking solitaire would be my advice... lol.
No on the solitaire. She knows how I feel about marriage, if my mind changes, I'll let her know. We've both been there, done that. But as for the ring and necklace, from a women's perspective, do you like it? If I were it ever propose, I don't think I'd do it on Christmas.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

I think you have walked into the mouth of the lion,
To me that's saying... bring it back, unless you're willing to tie the knot?

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-20-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

To may that's saying... bring it back, unless you're willing to tie the knot?
I think it's absolutely beautiful. I'm just giving you a hard time. You're fun to tease! lol I'm sure she'll love it. (Although I know girls who have gotten engaged with far smaller diamonds... lol) Sorry, again, you're fun to tease and I'm still high on sinus meds...............
Old 12-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

I think it's absolutely beautiful. I'm just giving you a hard time. You're fun to tease! lol I'm sure she'll love it. (Although I know girls who have gotten engaged with far smaller diamonds... lol) Sorry, again, you're fun to tease and I'm still high on sinus meds...............
oh don't apologize. You can tease me anytime. You sure as hell know I can dish it, I better be able to take it. I would like to eventually get her a nice ring. Damn you're still not feeling better?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

oh don't apologize. You can tease me anytime. You sure as hell know I can dish it, I better be able to take it. I would like to eventually get her a nice ring. Damn you're still not feeling better?
It's like day 7 for me. My problem is that, for some stupid reason, my body reacts to meds (any type) as though I had 3 times the normal dose. So, things like pain killers or sinus meds make me as high as a kite. Thankfully, unlike you, I've been able to sleep really well, so that's been a big help.

Seriously, the last time that I had as much as a cold was 3 years ago. I never get sick, so when I do, I'm a bit of a whiner.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

I'm a bit of a whiner.
Yeah, you are starting to sound like a guy. Seriously, you know what you need? Some egg drop soup.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-20-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.