Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-16-2011, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I don't believe so. Did you see that I edited and added to my post?
Yes. If the consequence of killing someone were death by the same method the killer used, there might be fewer murders eh?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Years ago my MIL instituted the "thou shalt generate an Amazon.com Wish List" rule. At first I thought it was sort of crass and tacky, but let me tell you after a couple of years of not getting the exact same gift as my SIL (only in a different color), I've changed my position 180 degrees. Make them generate a list on-line, they just have to surf a little and pick 10 things they like. You can do whatever you want with the list, buy it on Amazon, buy it somewhere else, get a gift that's similar or sort of in the same genre. Well you get the picture. Even my DH, (who is like your guys) generates a list and that is a huge help for me as well.
I was thinking that maybe we could do a "secret Santa" here. I could not figure out how to randomly people people and for it to be a secret. I also wasn't so sure it it's a good idea, since you'd have to ship the gift, which would mean that everyone would have to give out their addresses. We'd probably get some upset SO's if you're caught buying a present for some stranger online or even receiving one. Any thought on how to do this or if it's even worth the trouble?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Yes. If the consequence of killing someone were death by the same method the killer used, there might be fewer murders eh?
I couldn't agree more but I've been told that my views can be "out there". I hear the Texas has an express lane for their capital punishment. Guilty? Drive through!
I'd like to also see states go back to public stoning. They could sell the stones and put a state and federal tax on it. Can you imagine the amount of revenue it would generate? I know if something happened to a friend or loved one of mine I'd be the 1st one at the bank! I also think that all airports should have a bomb proof container, they should also profile people and if you're caught with an explosive devise you go straight to the container, get lock in there and the bomb is detonated. Hey, you wanted to die, we're just giving you your wish.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-16-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Like a nut? LOL, sorry but all I can hear in my head right now is the theme from the Almond Joy commercials of old.
So says the woman who gave me the Mickey earworm all day!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

how about mickey? Then we could sing to him.
yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
i was thinking that maybe we could do a "secret santa" here. I could not figure out how to randomly people people and for it to be a secret. I also wasn't so sure it it's a good idea, since you'd have to ship the gift, which would mean that everyone would have to give out their addresses. We'd probably get some upset so's if you're caught buying a present for some stranger online or even receiving one. Any thought on how to do this or if it's even worth the trouble?
ohmygod yes! I would be all over this like a stripper on new years!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Just did 6.53 miles with Chloe'.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
ohmygod yes! I would be all over this like a stripper on new years!!!!
shouldn't that be on a pole?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
My guys are notorious for not giving any ideas about gifts, so I've been nagging at them.
I know I'm not one of "your" guys but I found a great gift for you right here.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

OMG, major homework vent! So tired, and it's never-ending. I'm taking a break for studying for an oral exam tomorrow about stellar structure and evolution. Had a written exam about the same topics today, have a hugh PITA homework due at 5 pm tomorrow involving plotting and curve fitting which I for some reason decided to do in Excel instead of writing some python code, which would have been so much easier, but I'm stubborn, so once I started in Excel it was a matter of pride to finish it as such, plus more homework on bremsstrahlung radiation due on Friday that I haven't even started.

In other news, I'm dying my hair bright cherry pink red on Monday - so excited! I've never done any crazy hair stuff, so I figured I should try it before I get too old. If it turns out awesome (which I suspect it will ) I'll post some pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.