Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

I know I am jumping into this late, but I support considering the mini fridge, etc. as presents. I usually like practical ones at any rate, maybe with a frivolous or small indulgent one or two thrown in here and there. For me, a present is anything you don't have to buy for yourself...if somebody gave me a mini fridge, then hey, I could go buy a pair of shoes or jeans with my money instead.

My guys are notorious for not giving any ideas about gifts, so I've been nagging at them. I can usually figure some things out, but by the time the parents and grandparents need ideas for them too, it gets to be annoying to hear, "uh, I don't know..." a hundred times.

I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to log lunch...group practice luncheon from Honey Baked Ham...I can't even figure out what some of that stuff was. Turkey, check. Green beans, check. Then there was something that looked like big chunks of yams but someone told me it was carrots (obviously very huge, very thick carrots) and something that someone said was carrot souffle but which looked more like mashed sweet potatoes. God only knows, and I can't find much on the internet that's helpful. Oh well, any attempt at logging will be better than not logging at all, for me, anyway.

Back to work; I've got a ton of calls to make before the end of the day, and a bunch of administrivia (my least favorite part). Catch you all later; hope you are having a fantastic day!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, work is overrated.

I took a "Health" survey online for work today. I scored an 88% but guess where it said I needed to improve b/c I was at risk. NUTRITION!!!! One of the things that they got me on was not eating enough grains, another was not enough dairy. I so much wanted to find a contact us button, but never could find it.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

It looks like I'll be doing pushups. We got rained out this morning and my brother didn't want to play tennis after it cleared up. He'll be leaving tomorrow to go out of town so no tennis for this week. I'm also off to a late start in my walking b/c the weather has been so crappy. On a good note, I wrote another auto policy today, that's 2 for the day.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 AM
FitDay Member

Ended up eating bread again tonight because my stomach was still giving me issues and the only thing that sounded good was French Toast. It will be interesting when I weigh in at the end of the week to see if I have any weight loss having eaten high carb all week, yet remaining within my calorie limit.

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. Down 3
2. Change my mental attitude toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Check!
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Didn't need to.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 1102, 1196, 1146
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days, weather permitting. 1
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! I ate all 3! Ditto, Ditto
8. List something wonderful that happened to me today. I found a great deal on a microwave!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Exclamation Real life murder this time

Another one of my rants.

In case anyone thinks they have problems with their kids...

Some dumb ass at the front of my neighborhood killed his parents. WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - Son Suspected Of Bludgeoning Parents To Death On Northshore
On the news today they said that he confessed to beating them to death with a hammer over an argument about him not doing chores and needing to get a job. This POS is 25 years old and was living with mommy and daddy. They shouldn't have to ask him to clean up and get a job. What a freaking loser. He's being charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder.

Below in white are my REAL thoughts on this.

Days like this (and many others) make me wish we still had the electric chair. I'd love to see one set up so that the chair trembles when the power is kicked on. Call it shake and bake. IMO lethal injection is what you do for your dog that has been your best friend and has grown old and you don't want him to suffer. You peacefully put him to sleep. I think cold blooded killers don't deserve to go out peacefully.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-16-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Oh a brighter note I gave in to my urges just now and went and got my a Reeses Blast. I always special order mine with extra candy and no whipped cream. The girl that brought it out to me smiles and says "This is going to be the most intense thing you've even had!" I'd have to say that after going probably 2 weeks without one, it was pretty damn intense.

Quinn, you better tighten up on the bread issue. We can't be both screwing up at the same time, so you need to fly straight so I can have my pass.

I guess I'll drop and start doing some pushups, then get changed and take my baby for a walk.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey watch it. You may be able to get my evil twin, Mark, to be a cheerleader but not me. I'd never want to be called "Matt", b/c I don't get walked on.

If you are what you eat, then I am going nuts. I've had 2 servings of almods already today. It's a good thing that they are good for you but I'm starting to feel...
Like a nut? LOL, sorry but all I can hear in my head right now is the theme from the Almond Joy commercials of old.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Another one of my rants.

In case anyone thinks they have problems with their kids...

Some dumb ass at the front of my neighborhood killed his parents. WWL - AM870 | FM105.3 | News | Talk | Sports - Son Suspected Of Bludgeoning Parents To Death On Northshore
On the news today they said that he confessed to beating them to death with a hammer over an argument about him not doing chores and needing to get a job. This POS is 25 years old and was living with mommy and daddy. They shouldn't have to ask him to clean up and get a job. What a freaking loser. He's being charged with 2 counts of 1st degree murder. Days like this (and many others) make me with we had the electric chair. I'd love to see one set up so that the chair trembles when the power is kicked on. Call it shake and bake.
That's horrible, especially since it's so close to you. Wow, do you know the family?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
That's horrible, especially since it's so close to you. Wow, do you know the family?
I don't believe so. Did you see that I edited and added to my post?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
My guys are notorious for not giving any ideas about gifts, so I've been nagging at them. I can usually figure some things out, but by the time the parents and grandparents need ideas for them too, it gets to be annoying to hear, "uh, I don't know..." a hundred times.
Years ago my MIL instituted the "thou shalt generate an Amazon.com Wish List" rule. At first I thought it was sort of crass and tacky, but let me tell you after a couple of years of not getting the exact same gift as my SIL (only in a different color), I've changed my position 180 degrees. Make them generate a list on-line, they just have to surf a little and pick 10 things they like. You can do whatever you want with the list, buy it on Amazon, buy it somewhere else, get a gift that's similar or sort of in the same genre. Well you get the picture. Even my DH, (who is like your guys) generates a list and that is a huge help for me as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.