Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Hiiiiiiiii! I GET TO START RUNNING MY OWN LABS SOON! I'm so excited!!

Not a meth lab I hope, I know how you college kids are.

This Week:
Health & Fitness
1) Lose 4 pounds
2) 4 servings of fruit/veggies 5, 5, 4
3) Gallon of water yes, yes, yes
4) 3000 calories deficient -680, -897, -30
5) Walk 10 miles 1.1, 0, 6.53 Like a big veggie pimpin', cheer leading BOSS
6) 1 cheat meal ?, ate clean, nope (I think it was worth it)
7) Gym x 3 0, 1, 0
8) Tennis x 2 (or 100 pushups for each one missed) 0, 0, (50 pushups 150 to go before the week is up)
9) Daily:
a) Fish Oil yes, yes, yes
b) Vitamin yes, yes, yes
c) Glucosamine yes, yes, yes

Non Health & Fitness
10) Write 3 policies 1, 0, 1
Old 11-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Joanna, it sounds like your pride is the PITA. BTW I'm joking here. I'm the same way, if I start something and discover there is an easier way I'll continue on the difficult path.

Good luck on your test! Can't wait to see picks of the new color.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-16-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Oh Mike... I have pride out the wazoo! So much pride... it's exhausting, sometimes
Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

That can be good though. With pride comes confidence.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

As usual you all are cracking me up.
Good luck on the exam Joanna - crush it!
I'm pretty much of a pacifist, live and let live kinda person,but when read about those senseless brutal murders over nothing ,I too want the killer to experience the same thing he inflicted on the victem.

Didn't get enough time to each a suitable dinner, so the calories are low. At least I didn't try to back fill with 2 or 3 beers as I often do: "Oh look I still have 300 calories left, let's check out that new microbrew.

Diet and fitness:
1.) 2 pieces of fruit every day
Y,Y Y
2.) 1 quart of water (just plain water) everyday. Coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count
Y, Y, Y
3.) Protein @40% or 90g
28%(92g), 30%(92g), 33% (88g)
4.) Carbs @ 30%
31%, 30%, 27%
5.) No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread
Y, Y,Y
6.) Limit beer and wine to 1 glass with dinner Y, Y, Y(0)

Home, work & life:
1.) Order DH Christmas & B'day gifts (his is the 26th the poor guy)
not yet, 2 down
2.) Try 1 new recipe this week,
Not yet
3.) Clip the kitty's claws (hate this chore, probably more than they hate it)
1 kitty
4.) Pay bills including the Property Taxes - yikes! Y-taxes, Y-bills paid (no fun $ left)
5.) Finish 2 remaining study plans for this year's research
1 down
6.) Remain faithful to the plan over the weekend
7.) Be kind to crabby people.
M- Didn’t meet any, T-smiled a lot at the Post Office, I think that counts. W, so far so good, but I didn’t meet any really crabby people.

I hear my bed calling so I best respond... see y'all in the morning!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
FitDay Member

I am exhausted I had a great day I wasn't able to walk but I did clean out under the stairs I moved all the camping gear and carried the Christmas boxes upstairs. I will be up early to take my parents Christmas shopping in Victoria it's about an hour and half drive and we will be walking all day once we get their I think I will put on my pedometer and see how much ground we cover. I will take the time tomorrow to catch up on all the posts but for now I must sleep.
Have a great Thursday everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k (15.5m): M=3.3k, T=7.2k, W=0
Gym 2 days: 0, 0, 0
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1206, T=961, W=1339
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-803, T=-1141, W=-680
Christmas prep everyday: M=Boxing Day invitations made. T=Christmas chocolates/pickles/crackers/nuts &baking supplies bought. W= Christmas storage boxes out and reindeer put together.
List something wonderful that happened today: Went for dinner with hubby and took a long drive in our new truck I even got to drive.
Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

1. Calories capped at 1300. 1211, 1262, 1257
2. Follow my pie chart rules (percentages, fiber, fat proportions). Great today, Yes, Yes
3. Drink 3 sports bottles of water (and/or herbal tea equivalent) per day. Yes, Yes, Didn't make it today
4. Sleep 7 hours. Yes , Was in bed on time, just couldn't fall asleep - 6, 6
4a. No caffeine after 3 PM. Yes, Yes, Nope-forgot and drank a glass of tea left from the luncheon
4b. Turn off all electronics 30 min. before bed.
Yes, No-court deadline for this report, No-had to look something up at the last minute
5. Exercise 6 times. Weights, 30 min. stationery bike & 30 min. walking the treadmill, Weights
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Do shoulder exercises daily. Yes, Yes, Ah, no.'

Slacker day...I need to get it in gear.
Hopefully I can be on here more today and keep up with you all...no clients scheduled so it's a writing day and a prepare-to-travel day and all the usual stuff that goes with that. Getting ready to go get on the scale now and see what that looks like; I may take the big kitty and give him a weigh in as well!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-16-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Oh a brighter note I gave in to my urges just now and went and got my a Reeses Blast. I always special order mine with extra candy and no whipped cream. The girl that brought it out to me smiles and says "This is going to be the most intense thing you've even had!" I'd have to say that after going probably 2 weeks without one, it was pretty damn intense.

Quinn, you better tighten up on the bread issue. We can't be both screwing up at the same time, so you need to fly straight so I can have my pass.

I guess I'll drop and start doing some pushups, then get changed and take my baby for a walk.
Well, I asked the question last night if I could still lose weight if my carb percentages were high, even though my calories were low. For me, the answer this morning was NO! Got on the scale and I am at a complete stall from last Friday. Not making excuses, but I was kind of nauseous for a couple of days and the only foods that sounded good were bland carbs. But, I'm feeling a lot better today and so it's time that we pull it back together before the weekend. No bread for me today! No Blasts for you!

Lots to do today, so it's time to get going. Enjoy your morning all!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Have fun shopping Darlene - the pedometer is a great idea. Yikes, so sorry about the whole basement thing, but it will probably be a good thing over the long haul. A little more room and one less hazard in the house, but a major expense and hassle in the short run.

Cassie, it sounds like work has picked up quite a bit (are you still working with a company or back on your own?) Your job definitely sounds like feast or famine.

Quinn, sorry about the carb news. I sure wish I could live on pasta with sauce and bread with spreads but I'm like you, my digestive system processes every single calorie.

In other news, I'm dying my hair bright cherry pink red on Monday - so excited! I've never done any crazy hair stuff, so I figured I should try it before I get too old. If it turns out awesome (which I suspect it will ) I'll post some pics.

Send pics for sure!

Mike well done on the 2 policies - is it my imagination or is work picking up a bit lately?

OK, off to another exciting day! Well the first part at any rate. CrossFit this morning, but work will be mostly administrivia (like CJ says) today.

Have a productive day everyone!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Pam, work has been picking up b/c a while back I started a new prospecting technique that focuses on saving the client $, which is paying off big time. That reminds me that I need to get out of bed and get to the office.

Quinn, you have a deal. It'll probably be another week or so before I get a blast.

Cassies, you can do it. Don't give in to the bridge.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.