Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-16-2011, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

April,

"I asked for "something wonderful" from each of the boys after school yesterday. The younger one who has been having trouble said he talked to the counselor at school and since he was getting some help outside of school she would talk to the principal about letting him stay in his regular school. I am proud that he thought that was something wonderful. It lets me know that he wants help to fix what is going on.

The older son said that he and another student were caught squirting water at each other during a lab in chemistry class and instead of yelling the teacher (who is usually serious) laughed at them."

Isn't it fun to get a little inside look at their day? My oldest was the class clown, so some of his responses were just to be funny because he knew when he walked in the door, I'd give him a hug and then ask so he'd come prepared. (Once, it was "Well, I didn't zip myself in my fly!") But, at least we laughed instead of grunting at each other.

I'm thinking about using it with my elderly mother. She's getting pretty bitter and negative and it can be soooo difficult to smile through several hours of complaints and negativity. It sucks the life out of me. She sometimes gets confused and takes things the wrong way, so it may not work.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

April, that's why it drives me nuts. I can't do my job without my computer, my databases and quoting systems.

I started off the day right but writing another auto policy but I won't count it for the week b/c I think this is the one I counted last week. Oops, actually that would have been the umbrella from Monday. Either way I have 1 to count of the 2.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn: I am honestly kind of confused... I'm a junior in college, and every year all that my friends and I ask for are office supplies, socks, and soap. If she is being so difficult, then perhaps you could donate to a local charity in your daughter's name or get her a subscription to a health magazine?
Old 11-16-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Just made my calorie budget but, once again, my food choices weren't great. Mom treated for lunch and I was kind of obligated to eat around what appealed to her... and it wasn't pretty. Tomorrow I should be able to get back on track.

Long Term:

1. Lose 7 lbs. by November 28th. Down 3
2. Change my mental attitude toward food. It's not a treat, boredom killer or a reward. Check!
3. Get through Thanksgiving Day without a major melt-down.
4. Look great in my black dress without a "supportive assist".
5. Journal, when needed, to figure out what's going on and why I can't master this, once and for all. Didn't need to.

This Week:

1. Calories between 1000-1200. 1102, 1196
2. One fruit or vegetable serving with each meal and one as a snack. Yes, Yes
3. 80 oz. of liquid a day. Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
5. Walk 3 times in the next 7 days, weather permitting. 1
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes
7. No bread, cheese, butter or spreads Monday-Friday, no excuses! I ate all 3! Ditto
8. List something wonderful that happened to me today. I had a peaceful afternoon to spend as I wished... no lists, deadlines, errands- nothing!
Woowhoo, look who's rockin' this week! You are!! You can do it! Don't feel obligated to go off course. You got this!

Originally Posted by almeeker
Tuesday Report Card

Healthy Goals

1. Calories 1,400 M-T-W-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,400, 1,399
2. 100 oz water. Y,Y
3. Protein 25% or higher. 27%, 22%
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -1,024, -1,306 (total -2,330)
5. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min, 75 min (2:05)
6. Log everything, and report on this thread. Y,Y
7. Report my weight right here. 157.6, 156
8. Limit cheating to a single meal, of normal size and duration. No cheating. No cheating.
9. 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 100 push-ups, 10 sets of calf raises, 10 miles. 25-20-10-0-1, 25-20-20-2-0 (total 50-40-30-2-1)

Other Stuff

1. Deal with flower pots. 2 down, N
2. Deal with squash, pickles and pumpkins. Finished the pickles! Washed all the acorn squash and baked 8 of them. Baked 14 acorn squash.
3. Housekeeping 1 hour + 1 load of laundry/daily. YY, YY
4. Start Christmas list and update wish list. N,N
5. Deal with coupon binder. N,N
You better run and hide from the cops b/c you are on a killing spree. You are killing your goals. Keep it up!

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
How very cool!

Mike, I'm sure you would have gotten a ransom note for your scale if she hadn't turned up. Glad she's back where she belongs.

1. Calories capped at 1300. 1211, 1262
2. Follow my pie chart rules (percentages, fiber, fat proportions). Great today, Yes
3. Drink 3 sports bottles of water (and/or herbal tea equivalent) per day. Yes, Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. Yes , Was in bed on time, just couldn't fall asleep - 6
4a. No caffeine after 3 PM. Yes, Yes
4b. Turn off all electronics 30 min. before bed. Yes, No-court deadline for this report
5. Exercise 6 times. Weights, 30 min. stationery bike, 30 min. walking the treadmill
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
7. Do shoulder exercises daily. Yes, Yes
Fantastic job with your strong 10 mile finish last week! Great job on all your goals this week! Woowhooo keep it up!!!!!

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Done with Tuesday as well!

1. Under 1200 calories M-F. Sunday 1400. 1116, 1067
2. Water 3 liters every day. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 4 times M-F Yes, Yes
4. Additional daily squats Yes, Yes
5. Stay away from cheese Yes, Yes
6. Stay away from baked goods Yes, Yes
7. Take vitamins Yes, Yes
8. Go to sleep before midnight Yes, Yes
9. Clean my inbox. Halfway there. Mmmm, didn't get that much done with this one.
You are owning your goals once again. Keep pushing, make these goals your bitch!!

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Looks like folks are starting out well this week, with the expection of Mike's crime scene. I guess you can be happy that the child was doing the right thing even if she moved your precious.

almeeker, very cute story. I'm not surprise your kiddos don't remember the old you, "mom" is who you are right now.

Sorry about all the MIAs, hopefully they'll check in soon.

Diet and fitness:
1.) 2 pieces of fruit every day Y,Y
2.) 1 quart of water (just plain water) everyday. Coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count Y, Y
3.) Protein @40% or 90g 28%(92g), 30%(92g)
4.) Carbs @ 30% 31%, 30%
5.) No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread Y, Y
6.) Limit beer and wine to 1 glass with dinner Y, Y

Home, work & life:
1.) Order DH Christmas & B'day gifts (his is the 26th the poor guy) not yet
2.) Try 1 new recipe this week
3.) Clip the kitty's claws (hate this chore, probably more than they hate it)
1 kitty
4.) Pay bills including the Property Taxes - yikes! Y-taxes, Y-bills paid (no fun $ left)
5.) Finish 2 remaining study plans for this year's research 1 down
6.) Remain faithful to the plan over the weekend
7.) Be kind to crabby people. M- Didn’t meet any, T-smiled a lot at the Post Office, I think that counts.

Good day today - all in all. Didn't get too much accomplished at work, but no one complained so I'll call it good.

And a good night to all!
Great job on everything Pam. My little dog Mytsie has some crazy claws and hates to have them cut. This a 1/2 Jack Russell & 1/2 Chihuahua so she's a hyper ball over energy that runs & runs & runs all over everything b/c she gets so excited and wants to play as if she's still a puppy. It's so cute seeing her bounce off the walls but she has destroyed my leather sofa and love seat. I need to make a goal soon of replacing my furniture.

Originally Posted by dar n
Goals:
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Hike
Walk 25k (15.5m): M=3.3k, T=7.2k
Gym 2 days: 0,0
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1206, T=961
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-803, T=-1141
Christmas prep everyday: M=Boxing Day invitations made. T=Christmas chocolates/pickles/crackers/nuts &baking supplies bought.
List something wonderful that happened today: We bought a new truck for my hubby’s promotion at work it’s our first brand new off the lot vehicle and he is very happy which makes me very happy.
Great job on the early morning hike and all your other goals. You still have plenty of time to hit the gym twice.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

I like cheerleader Mike. Should we call him "Matt"?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great job on everything Pam. My little dog Mytsie has some crazy claws and hates to have them cut. This a 1/2 Jack Russell & 1/2 Chihuahua so she's a hyper ball over energy that runs & runs & runs all over everything b/c she gets so excited and wants to play as if she's still a puppy. It's so cute seeing her bounce off the walls but she has destroyed my leather sofa and love seat. I need to make a goal soon of replacing my furniture.

The male kitty, who was hit by a car last May, has toally recovered and a total ball of energy like your Mytsie, races around bouncing off the walls - literally - and can run the length of the house without touching the ground, I swear. He isn't too bad to clip. He'll usually tolerate 1 or 2 feet getting done before he's had enough. The female who is a little mellower on the surface... you'd think I was performing an appendectomy without anethesia. It usually takes 2 or us and I feel like such a meany. But she also loves to sit on my shoulder using her little needle like claw to secure her position - OUCH.

They have destroyed one chair so far, but it had pretty cheap upholsery so when I get it recovered I'll look for a more kitty-proof, sturdy fabric. I hope you don't have to replace your couch too soon - that can be expensive.

Quinn, my mom usually mixed it up - stuff I needed (and didn't always fully appreciate until later) and then one special surprise gift. Sometimes it was big like a bike I was totally not expecting and sometimes smaller like tiny diamond earings. One year she got me a sewing machine which I had never asked for but loved and still use to this day! I think she hit the nail on the head.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Try adding about 50 lbs to that and you have my Chloe'. Well Macie too although she prefers to nap most of the time now. But go to clip nails and ... I have to hold them in my lap, upside down like a baby and fight for each clip of the nail. Then I file them with a really rough file to get closer to the quick and they practically fall asleep. But I tried to dremel them once! OMG!!! Never again!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
That's a funny story Amy.

Is it just me or is this play like a ghost town, for being a Tuesday.
It was a ghost town, then they all logged on and filled up maybe 6 pages. I think my wacky schedule is off the norm, because it's frequently dead when I'm on, and I'm not on Great Britain time or anything.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Quinn: I am honestly kind of confused... I'm a junior in college, and every year all that my friends and I ask for are office supplies, socks, and soap. If she is being so difficult, then perhaps you could donate to a local charity in your daughter's name or get her a subscription to a health magazine?
I was hoping that I'd hear from you, being in college! Sometimes, we moms question just how out of touch we really are.

I like the way you think!!! Ok. That does it. She's getting dorm stuff. That's why I love this thread. I can get the opinion of every age group. I keep telling her that when she's in college and has $2 and a package of Ramen Noodles to her name until Friday, she'll look at things differently.

I thought by making her get a job in June, that it would give her a good insight as to how hard some adults with kids have to work just to stay above water. It kind of back-fired on me. She was never materialistic until she started working, making good money and was able to buy really nice things and still save the amount that I requested from her to set aside for miscellaneous college expenses. (She hands me a large part of each check.) I never thought that she would make as much as she is working part-time. So, I may have, inadvertently, created a monster.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I can't afford to pay ransom, Santa needs a new bike.
Um sure Santa, maybe we need to go over the definition of "want" vs. "need".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.