Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
I was packing up Halloween stuff today, and came across an adorable leopard costume that my girls wore when they were little, it's about the size of the little girl I watch so I tossed it into the dress-up box. When my girls saw it they didn't remember wearing it at all, or ever seeing any photos of it. So we took a trip down memory lane on the computer and pulled up old photos from past Halloweens. In one of the photos the kids are decorating the yard, and I'm standing in the background. One of the girls said, "hey mom who is that?". So I said, "it's me silly". And then all 3 of them proceeded to laugh and ask again who it was. It took a few minutes and some other photographs and some zooming in, to convince them. They almost don't remember the old fat mom, and that is pretty wonderful.
How very cool!

Mike, I'm sure you would have gotten a ransom note for your scale if she hadn't turned up. Glad she's back where she belongs.

1. Calories capped at 1300. 1211, 1262
2. Follow my pie chart rules (percentages, fiber, fat proportions). Great today, Yes
3. Drink 3 sports bottles of water (and/or herbal tea equivalent) per day. Yes, Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours. Yes , Was in bed on time, just couldn't fall asleep - 6
4a. No caffeine after 3 PM. Yes, Yes
4b. Turn off all electronics 30 min. before bed.
Yes, No-court deadline for this report
5. Exercise 6 times. Weights, 30 min. stationery bike, 30 min. walking the treadmill
6. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes
7. Do shoulder exercises daily. Yes, Yes

Last edited by cjohnson728; 11-15-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Super Moderator

I can't afford to pay ransom, Santa needs a new bike.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I can't afford to pay ransom, Santa needs a new bike.
Santa's been surfing the internet again, huh?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Done with Tuesday as well!

1. Under 1200 calories M-F. Sunday 1400. 1116, 1067
2. Water 3 liters every day. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 4 times M-F Yes, Yes
4. Additional daily squats Yes, Yes
5. Stay away from cheese Yes, Yes
6. Stay away from baked goods Yes, Yes
7. Take vitamins Yes, Yes
8. Go to sleep before midnight Yes, Yes
9. Clean my inbox. Halfway there. Mmmm, didn't get that much done with this one.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Great job Main80! How are the squats coming?
Oh, I am feeling them! Yesterday I didn't do the bulgarian ones, because I was already playing around with the stability ball so I did them with that. I also took did take measurements yesterday, we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Some of y’all may remember the pics I posted from the horrific murder scene that I had at my house a few months back. Well this morning I get up to discover that there has been an abduction! I got up and went into the kitchen to tell my food scale good morning and guess what? She’s missing!!!! The place has been whipped clean of all fingerprints. Right about now panic mode is starting to set it. I have to sit down for a minute to catch my breath. I’m in shock. I mean really? How could someone break in during the night and take off with my baby while she sleeps. I search the house, did through the trash, where can she be? By now the sadness and disbelief has worn off and I’m in a rage. What am I going to do? She was recently on deaths door and I revived her with a new battery, this can’t be happening. After doing some investigative work, I uncovered that the middle daughter cleaned up the kitchen and moved her. I searched a little longer and was eventually reunited with her. It was a joyous occasion. I immediately used her to make a blueberry protein shake this morning, but I was so frazzled that when I walked out the door I left my shake sitting on the counter next to my scale. Maybe they can keep an eye on each other!
No pictures of this crime scene? At least there were no guts all over the place and it was not one of the usual four legged suspects.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

I once took a photo of my girls when they were very little playing in a tub full of suds, only I didn't realize that there was a reflection of me on the faucet, and uh there was much to see in that little image. Yep, let's just say that's not one we made copies of for the grandmas. It can happen, he probably didn't even realize.
All this talk about racy pictures made me really misread the my girls phrase. But I got it now.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

I was packing up Halloween stuff today, and came across an adorable leopard costume that my girls wore when they were little, it's about the size of the little girl I watch so I tossed it into the dress-up box. When my girls saw it they didn't remember wearing it at all, or ever seeing any photos of it. So we took a trip down memory lane on the computer and pulled up old photos from past Halloweens. In one of the photos the kids are decorating the yard, and I'm standing in the background. One of the girls said, "hey mom who is that?". So I said, "it's me silly". And then all 3 of them proceeded to laugh and ask again who it was. It took a few minutes and some other photographs and some zooming in, to convince them. They almost don't remember the old fat mom, and that is pretty wonderful.
Thats a great story and completely wonderful!
Old 11-15-2011, 03:58 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Looks like folks are starting out well this week, with the expection of Mike's crime scene. I guess you can be happy that the child was doing the right thing even if she moved your precious.

almeeker, very cute story. I'm not surprise your kiddos don't remember the old you, "mom" is who you are right now.

Sorry about all the MIAs, hopefully they'll check in soon.

Diet and fitness:
1.) 2 pieces of fruit every day
Y,Y
2.) 1 quart of water (just plain water) everyday. Coffee, tea, propel, etc don't count
Y, Y
3.) Protein @40% or 90g
28%(92g), 30%(92g)
4.) Carbs @ 30%
31%, 30%
5.) No white foods including rice, potatoes, or bread
Y, Y
6.) Limit beer and wine to 1 glass with dinner Y, Y

Home, work & life:
1.) Order DH Christmas & B'day gifts (his is the 26th the poor guy)
not yet
2.) Try 1 new recipe this week
3.) Clip the kitty's claws (hate this chore, probably more than they hate it)
1 kitty
4.) Pay bills including the Property Taxes - yikes! Y-taxes, Y-bills paid (no fun $ left)
5.) Finish 2 remaining study plans for this year's research
1 down
6.) Remain faithful to the plan over the weekend
7.) Be kind to crabby people.
M- Didn’t meet any, T-smiled a lot at the Post Office, I think that counts.

Good day today - all in all. Didn't get too much accomplished at work, but no one complained so I'll call it good.

And a good night to all!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Joanna You don’t bring me down, when everyone shares about their diet and lifestyle changes it builds me up, educates me about what’s to come and often makes me feel far more normal then all the people around me stuffing their faces thinking I am the one who’s got the problem. I got to my goal weight once and put half of it back on because I didn’t talk to people or learn what I needed to do to maintain it so keep talking, plateaus are crappy but it will pass.

April Your welcome I wish I was closer I would have you over for tea and give you a hug but since I am not I will just send you one. Have a great day and do something special for yourself.

Quinn “he watches football with me” lol that’s awesome I take it back your lucky to have a husband who watches sports with you my hubby would give you goddess points for being a real sports fan.

Mhibdon Welcome Back!

Main80 My hike was cold but the sun was out and the lake was like glass it was so worth freezing my tush off. Nice Monday and Tues actuals, how much stuff can you have in your inbox that cleaning it’s a goal?

Mike LOL I am glad your scale is back where she belongs I can imagine the panic you must have experienced.

Amy Kids hopped up on food coloring sounds like a bad night although my bad food day has made me feel a bit like she does, I hope you get some sleep. That’s a great story about your kids.

Hi everyone it seems you all had a good day today. My day started with a great hike and I got 7.2k under my belt before 10am. I went shopping with my Mom and picked up a ton of odds and ends for Christmas plus all the baking supplies. I left them in bags and stuck them in a corner so now I just need to remember what I bought I may need to start a master list. My hubby has been checking out trucks for the last couple of weeks he called today during my shopping outing and said he found it! I met him at the lot after a test drive a sales meeting and a financing meeting we closed the deal and bought a new 2012 dodge ram sxt quad cab 4x4 or in my language a really pretty silver truck with a grey/slate interior and a large enough back seat that you would want to sit in it. I just made my meeting at the church at 7 and I got home at 10 so no dinner. I ate pretty much on the go today I did ok for calories but a latte / popcorn / banana/ protein shake and more coffee has left me feeling hungry and jittery and bouncing off the wall (kind of like Amy’s dd), I really need to have a better food day tomorrow.
Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Hike
Walk 25k (15.5m): M=3.3k, T=7.2k
Gym 2 days: 0,0
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1206, T=961
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-803, T=-1141
Christmas prep everyday: M=Boxing Day invitations made. T=Christmas chocolates/pickles/crackers/nuts &baking supplies bought.
List something wonderful that happened today: We bought a new truck for my hubby’s promotion at work it’s our first brand new off the lot vehicle and he is very happy which makes me very happy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.