Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas) >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 11/14/11 (OMG there are only 42 days until X-mas)

Old 11-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back Rose & Terri!!!!!!!!

I'm battling computer issues again at the office. I should be able to update and reply to everyone soon. It's just to hard on my phone.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

So I have a question about walking...is it better to walk faster and not as far or pace yourself and get more distance? There is a guy at work who insists my 3mph is not fast enough to burn fat.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So good to see both Rose and Terri!

Both of you, you know those vacation, conference, off-the-wagon pounds come off really quickly, so get back on track ASAP and you both will be back to your starting weight soon.

Terri, good job on the networking - it's not what you know, but who you know. I'll keep my fingers crossed on the Smith College job. Top notch school, sounds like you really hit it off with the prof, and back on your home turf!

Rose, so what's next in your exciting career?
Old 11-18-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

April, you are rocking your goals: whooo hooo!
I can't image getting anywhere near the kitties with a dremel tool . Not that anyone is recommending it, but I am enjoying the mental image of you sanding your boxer's toe nails. Do you start with a little soak and foot message?
Old 11-18-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I hope you're feeling better by now and are now eating enough! Aw, thanks for your PM. I missed all of our group, too.

My life just went nuts for a while and my diet and motivation fell by the wayside. But I'll try to get back on track ASAP.

Had a few sad things happen the past few weeks including our 23 year old granddaughter's miscarriage. And my best friend for over 20 years cut me out of her life when her mother told her I was trying to get her family to do an intervention for her alcoholism.

Good news: my BIL FINALLY got out of the hospital Tuesday and is going to have occupational and physical therapy two or three times a week for the next month AND---my live-in high school granddaughter is being inducted into the National Honor Society. Her mom--our daughter--was inducted in 1995.

Big hugs to all.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default I hate a thief!

Sorry ladies, I didnt forget about y'all, I'm just having more issues at work. I just found out that an agent from the Home Office went behind my back and rewrote the Auto policy that I wrote 2 days ago on my client. She assigned herself as the agent in the effort to steal my commission, my app count & my client. Those of you know that I tell it like it is, so I fired off an email to the "hire-ups" about the situation and told them who the thief was. This has been an ongoing issue and has to stop! Once I calm down I'll update my numbers and try to make civil conversation.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
April, you are rocking your goals: whooo hooo!
I can't image getting anywhere near the kitties with a dremel tool . Not that anyone is recommending it, but I am enjoying the mental image of you sanding your boxer's toe nails. Do you start with a little soak and foot message?

That is funny! I usually do their nails after they bath. Oh and my girls bath every weekend. One of them is ... get this one! ... allergic to pet dander. so they have to stay nice & clean. But I clip their nails about every 3 weeks or once a month. Should more often really but they hate it so much. So they get the whole treatment that day. They bath, get all dried off in fluffy towels, get treats, then their nails clipped and filed, then more treats! LOL They have it better than I do!!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Had a few sad things happen the past few weeks including our 23 year old granddaughter's miscarriage. And my best friend for over 20 years cut me out of her life when her mother told her I was trying to get her family to do an intervention for her alcoholism.

Good news: my BIL FINALLY got out of the hospital Tuesday and is going to have occupational and physical therapy two or three times a week for the next month AND---my live-in high school granddaughter is being inducted into the National Honor Society. Her mom--our daughter--was inducted in 1995.

Big hugs to all.
Oh Mern, I am so sorry to read about your GD's miscarriage. What a heartbreak for her and your family. I hope she is getting all the support she needs.
But as far as your best friend - that is a serious call for help. You don't say whether the accusation is true, but if it is, I hope you can still work on an intervention, it sounds like she needs it. Self isolation is one to the hallmarks of an alcoholic heading downhill fast.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, I hope you're feeling better by now and are now eating enough! Aw, thanks for your PM. I missed all of our group, too.

My life just went nuts for a while and my diet and motivation fell by the wayside. But I'll try to get back on track ASAP.

Big hugs to all.
Oh wow Mern, it sounds like you've had some devestating blows lately. Just know that we are all her for you, not just on the nutrition aspect of life.

That's wonderful news about your BIL and live in granddaughter.

I hope and pray you get more good news and know that we are here for you!
Old 11-18-2011, 05:46 AM
FitDay Member

Big hugs to all.
Mern,

So happy to hear from you, but so sorry for all of the stress that you've been experiencing lately. Sometimes life just happens, doesn't it? You get a full pass and deserve a much needed break.

Congratulations on the NHS induction! She sounds like a very special girl. As someone who has spent the last 6 months dealing with college and scholarship apps., I can tell you that that honor carries great weight with selection committees. Smart like grandma I bet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.