Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
On a positive note, I'm done 1 lb... 4 to go! Tried on my sweater dress last night and it actually fits very nicely without any type of "supportive" type assist, if you know what I mean... another first. LOL But it's SHORT! I think that my body image is still skewed where I think that I don't have the body to pull it off... I've never worn anything short in my life. I see the number on the scale and, using logic, I know I'm fine. But mentally, I still see me 40 lbs ago. After a year and a half, I wish these feelings would go away... sometimes I wonder if they ever do??
Way to go on the sweater dress, that's so awesome. We saw those last weekend when we were out shopping but didn't work up the nerve to try any of them on.

I so hear you on the image thing. I wore a zebra print tank dress to my nephew's wedding, it was well outside my comfort zone, but my DD's convinced me it was okay. When I looked back at the pictures it's hard to tell if it was okay, in the pics the pattern sort of makes it look like a sack. Anyway my SIL called yesterday to ask if she could borrow it for a party she and my bro were invited to. And I was like "sure, you can borrow my zebra print sack". And she cracked up and said "sack of wild cats maybe, that dress is Jessica Rabbit hot". Personally I don't think it shows quite enough cleavage for Jessica Rabbit's taste.

Last edited by almeeker; 10-27-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
my gnome will have to go to her Halloween party tomorrow as the "topless dancer garden gnome". It's only kindergarten, and she's got nothing to hide, but that darn school dress policy will be a problem - again.
Which reminds me, Mark said they had a good time last night.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Main80 Thanks I seem to be less nervous today it’s either meant to be or not. The process has changed so much there was no internet when I got my last job you put on your heels and pounded the pavement you actually spoke to people not computer aptitude tests.

Quinn Thanks it’s nice to know that my feelings are normal. I would hire someone with a gap because they raised their kids, it’s awesome you stayed home. My challenge is I live in a town of about 80 000 people I just left a position where I managed multiple sites and did their hiring and training these opportunities are few and far between so I am not sure what to do next. Way to go on losing a pound.

April Thanks I could use the practice of being the interviewee. I hope you make it through pizza night.

Amy Oh my I am laughing so hard my tummy hurts the principle of my sons elementary school was a nightmare when it came to dress code and I pictured his face as he seen your “ topless dancer garden gnome” He probably would of had a nervous breakdown right there in kindergarten class.

Hope Good luck on your plan I couldn’t do it fruit is my go to when I crave sugar and that’s at least once a day.

Mike It was nice of you to give your ex’s guy the benefit of learning a lesson that defiantly counts as a good deed this week.

Well I got to go out and hike today the lady I went with last week said she really enjoyed it and would like to make it a regular thing so that made me happy. I didn't eat enough earlier today so I just sat down to eat my soup and sandwich and ate it to fast now I feel yucky I really need to plan better on days I am out.
Have a great day.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday:

1.) Under 1400 calories/day: 1696/1266/1296/2110
2.) Drink at least 64 oz. of water: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
3.) Exercise 3 times: 2
4.) Do Astro 542 HW by Wed: Done
5.) Study for Astro 542 exam on Friday: Done, mostly
6.) Read LAE/HETDEX papers by end of week!: maybe this weekend?
7.) Don't weigh this week: So far, so good

Uh, so... about today. Not sure what happened. Got home from work and the gym and just kind of imploded. I need to figure something out about that. It's such a battle every time I eat dinner to actually stop eating when the meal is over. I'm not hoarding calories... at least, I don't think so. I still have a calorie deficit of 500 calories today, so I guess we'll just move on.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Ran from appointment to appointment today, ending in P/T Conferences. (One more in the spring and I'm done forever!!! YES!) Ended up eating a sandwich there. It was that or cookies. Tomorrow is stacking up to be just as crazy. Better throw some healthy snacks in my purse so that I don't go all day again without eating. My daughter's Health, Nutrition and Fitness instructor said that I looked "fantastic". She also owns a PT clinic and a fitness center so that felt pretty darn good. She said that the students would be using an online website soon to log their calories, nutrients and activity. I said "Yes. I'm familiar with that... I've done it for nearly two years." Score one for us!!!

Thursday:

1. Calories between 1000-1200; LOG EVERYTHING! 1008, 996, 1024, 989 (no time again)

2. 80-90 oz. of water a day, no excuses. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

3. NO BREAD Monday-Friday, which will force me to eat the things that I should be eating instead. 1 piece, none, 2 pieces 45 cal. bread, 2 pieces

4. No butter, margarine, spreads... nothing. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

5. Take all vitamins and supplements; don't skip the big, nasty ones. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

6. MINIMUM of 3 fruits and veggies a day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

7. Re-eliminate my "5 forbidden foods" entirely. I've proven that I can't handle a little bit of anything. No, 1 piece of bread, Yes, 2-45 cal. bread, 2 snuck in... blame the school
Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all your well-wishes. I took a sick day and took 2 naps, did 5 hours of laptop work (barely made a dent in what I need to do, har har), and ate *pretty* healthily (banana/greens/whey smoothie, toast and pumpkin cc, apple, grapes, 2 cans of low-sodium vegetable soup, lots of crackers, ravioli and green beans, and then took my daughter to our church "trick or treat" event and ate a huge bag of kettle corn!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, what's going on with your bread goal? Being 45 calories doesn't give you a pass the eat a 1/2 a loaf. Sheesh, I mean really, I'm here eating my veggies like a good little boy while you're over there gorging on bread. What are you putting between the slices or are you gorging on them alone? Yeah you can make a jam sammich, take two slices and jam them together. The you won't have to worry about anything taking away from your bread.

Whew that felt good. Now I can cross that off my list.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

So, out of curiosity, where's a good place to find coupons for grocery shopping, since we were talking about that earlier? In the weekly things? Online ones seem to be largely prohibitive since a lot of places seem to make you sign up for their website and whatnot. I'd definitely be interested in saving money!
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, guys, I keep running out of time. Been a busy week, but that's no excuse for not being accountable, so here's my check in.

Today at the practice we docs bought lunch for all. I had brought mine and was not tempted by deli sandwiches, but there were cookies as big as my head, and brownies, too. I passed, yay, and I discovered the gourmet coffee creamer on the opposite counter, so I tried some for the first time and had a nice, treat-like cup of tea.

Plus also, the candy I bought 3 weeks ago...still untouched!

I hope you all are doing well and having a good week. I'll be able to catch up tomorrow and on the weekend. You will be here on the weekend, right?

1. 1300 calories per day max. 1286, 1233,1291, 1292
2. Balance the pie chart. It's beautiful!, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. 6.5, 7,6, 6.75
4. Drink 3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
5. Exercise 7 times. 2:15 hike, Cardio tennis AM, weights PM, Cardio Tennis, Day off
6. Do shoulder exercises. Yes, Yes, Completely forgot, Yes
7. Log everything! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
8. Post daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
9. Take vitamins, fish oil, and calcium daily. Yes, Yes, Forgot fish oil, Yes
10. No frozen yogurt. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

Last edited by cjohnson728; 10-27-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bojibridge
So, out of curiosity, where's a good place to find coupons for grocery shopping, since we were talking about that earlier? In the weekly things? Online ones seem to be largely prohibitive since a lot of places seem to make you sign up for their website and whatnot. I'd definitely be interested in saving money!
Buy the Sunday paper on Saturday night...it's not the latest edition, but it's cheaper, if you just want the coupons. Avoid it on holidays; often no coupons in there then. Usually when there are coupons, there's a sign on the display saying "save $233 this week..." if no sign, possibly no coupons are in there. Check the store circulars for sales and buy one get one free. I signed up at couponmom.com; no ads come, but the coupon link comes in an email, so I can go through, click and print what I want, and delete. Ask anyone you know who gets the paper to save the inserts for you, if they don't use them. I'm sure Amy has a ton of ideas, just saw it and had a quick answer.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 10-27-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.