Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-26-2011, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Terri:
You. Can. Do. It.
You know who has a degree?
You do.
You know who knows her way around her lab?
You do.
You know who is gonna draft her research LIKE A BOSS?!
YOU ARE!!!

Darlene: Thanks for the well wishing! I’m not normally so blah, but when the seasons turn, I get a bit crazy.

Main80: I LOVE PARTYCAT!!! It’s how I am during the summer! I can party all day, everyday!

Today was so much better than yesterday! I’ve decided that I’m just not cut out for 8AM’s- 9AM, yes, bring it on world. 8AM? My body is like “Wtf, mate? Is this nap time? No? Lol, YES IT IS!” Finally have my voice back enough to speak at Chapter!!!! I am so excited! I strained it today because I had so much to say, but I ran the girls through an exercise where I had them write down one thing that they love about themselves- then they’ll be able to remember it when times are hard. Finally recovered my calories from my binge yesterday! Looking at a zero loss week, but I’d rather have that than to gain!! Started the Couch to 5K Plan today! I’m going to be hosting a running group every Wednesday night after Chapter and then doing it on my own Monday and Friday when I walk Steg. I LOVE EXERCISE! Totally beasted (aka huffed & puffed & blow them houses down) some hills today! Was jogging with one of my fraternity brothers who is in a social sor, I might not have kept up all the way, but I held my own!!
ALSO: HEY!! YOU GUISE!! So I took a pic of me in a bikini in Aug, and now it is Oct, and I took a pic of my in my sports bra, etc. and, and, and, Guess what! I CAN SEE A DIFFERENCE!! It might just be a trick of the light but Idgf!! From my perspective, even though my measurements are the same, my hips & stomach are looking much "smoother" instead of like they were all thrown together! I'd share pictures, but I fear that that would be over sharing/exposure D:

HELP: My parents are coming into town and refuse to let me cook for them! We are either going to go to a pasta restaurant, a burger joint, or a sushi parlor. D: I need help figuring out what the best bet would be! So far I’m looking at a cheeseburger without the bun, or just sashimi (which I love, but they always worry about me never eating enough). Any suggetions?!

Daily Goals for 10/24 – 10/31
1. Drink 3L: 1.5, 1, 1
2. Walk Steg 3mi: Yes, 2, 1
3. Stretch Twice: Yes, 0, 1
3. 100 Situps: Yes, 0, 0
5. Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Effort in Appearance: Yes, Barely, 4 wardrobe changes just to keep up with my clubs.

Last edited by mhibdon; 10-26-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

cjohnson728: I'm fairly certain Mike's twin would be much more focused on burning off the cookies than eating them
Old 10-26-2011, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

Main80 I feel much better thanks.

Amy I think it was Cassie and I that decided earlier this month birthday calories don`t count we all need one day a year to eat cake or truffles...I hope your day was enjoyable.

Quinn Thanks for sharing the bad food list cheese would be the hardest for me I love a nice cheese plate with a glass of wine. Do you cut out all bread or just white flour breads?

Joanna A new shirt is so nice I hope you had a good day.

Hope I average 4 servings of veg a day if I had known that was the cure for funk I would of increased them sooner. Six pounds in 3 days is huge what diet plan are you following?

Cassie Your Halloween costumes sound really fun are you going to a party?

Mike Your picture was great. Sorry you had a bad ex day, hope it gets better at your pool game.

Mern Glad to hear a couple of those pounds ran away.

April Awesome all green on your health goals. Awesome will power and look now you don’t have to cook hubby dinner.

Rubypeanut Put your feet up and rest when you’re pregnant it’s allowed, hope you are feeling better soon.

Terri Trust yourself and never be afraid to speak your mind it’s said that the only way to truly fail is to do nothing at all.

Well I took the leap today and applied for a job now I am fretting over the whole process. I had worked for the same company for 15 years and was headhunted for that job from my first one where I had been for 7, so the idea of a job interview is terrifying just doing the online application was nerve racking. Then I got to thinking what if they don’t call…then do I really want to work before Christmas… do I want to do something different… is my education out dated… do I really want a full time high pressure job again… its crazy I just cannot turn off my nerves tonight.

I hope you all have a great night.

Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Treadmill, W=Treadmill
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Half, T=Y, W=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1191, T=1175, W= 1319
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -955, T= -977, W= -788
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=N, T=Y, W=Y
Old 10-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: If we're all hens, does that make you the fox in the henhouse?? Maybe that will make you think of farmers and talking to them about eating veggies!!! (Trying to get on quinn's subliminal message, here). You AND your evil twin look great, that pic made me lol, thank you!!!

2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes T: yes W: no makeup

Man oh man. Work was so crazy today. And it's like to be crazy every day through Sunday. Tomorrow is probably going to be my one day to REALLY bang out my research plan as our lab meeting got cancelled, so I need to do it. It's in piss-poor shape, though. I totally was having an existential-type crisis today as I was consdering it, even getting cold sweats. I was having one of those moments where I was just... doubting myself as a scientist, and even as an adult. I do have ideas for my own research, but they're really spread out, and I'm having trouble getting something together that's coherent. My research statement currently reads like someone picking apples off random trees. An idea here, an idea there, but no sense of who I am as a researcher.

I've always performed well under pressure, so I'm hoping for some divine inspiration tomorrow. I'm a huge believer in trying to just "let things simmer" in the back of my mind and letting things pop out, and I'm hoping that strategy works again as it usually has in the past. I just need that one cohesive idea or plan to hit me, and I KNOW I can do the rest. I just keep thinking "Who am I? What is MY own research?" THe sorts of things that define you as a career (and often as who you are to other people). I'll get there because I have to. Maybe my problem is just puttiong myself out there - I've always had problems with stating my mind boldly and confidently. I think this all feeds from that.

Sorry, I just sort of needed to vent my worries. I hope everyone has a lovely day and evening.

~Terri
okay, okay I get it, eat my veggies.
Wednesday keeps putting you at duck, duck, goose.
You can do it, just believe in your ability. I tell people all the time "If you don't believe in you, no one else will."

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Mike, I hope things turn around for you. I can see how that would set you off. Hopefully you're not munching your way through pool league. Wishing you a better day tomorrow.
I'm taking her in the morning to get insurance. It just pisses me off that her mom and her hubby have been driving my daughters car for months with no insurance and knew about it. Talk about hanging your kid out to dry?!?! It shouldn't surprise me though. Well Will (my workout buddy, is also on my team) and he was selling chocolate covered almonds for his daughter. I bought a box and split them with him.

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Terri:
You. Can. Do. It.
You know who has a degree?
You do.
You know who knows her way around her lab?
You do.
You know who is gonna draft her research LIKE A BOSS?!
YOU ARE!!!
For a second I thought you were going to break out in pom poms.

Today was so much better than yesterday! I’ve decided that I’m just not cut out for 8AM’s- 9AM, yes, bring it on world. 8AM? My body is like “Wtf, mate? Is this nap time? No? Lol, YES IT IS!” Finally have my voice back enough to speak at Chapter!!!! I am so excited! I strained it today because I had so much to say, but I ran the girls through an exercise where I had them write down one thing that they love about themselves- then they’ll be able to remember it when times are hard. Finally recovered my calories from my binge yesterday! Looking at a zero loss week, but I’d rather have that than to gain!! Started the Couch to 5K Plan today! I’m going to be hosting a running group every Wednesday night after Chapter and then doing it on my own Monday and Friday when I walk Steg. I LOVE EXERCISE! Totally beasted (aka huffed & puffed & blow them houses down) some hills today! Was jogging with one of my fraternity brothers who is in a social sor, I might not have kept up all the way, but I held my own!!
ALSO: HEY!! YOU GUISE!! So I took a pic of me in a bikini in Aug, and now it is Oct, and I took a pic of my in my sports bra, etc. and, and, and, Guess what! I CAN SEE A DIFFERENCE!! It might just be a trick of the light but Idgf!! From my perspective, even though my measurements are the same, my hips & stomach are looking much "smoother" instead of like they were all thrown together! I'd share pictures, but I fear that that would be over sharing/exposure D:

HELP: My parents are coming into town and refuse to let me cook for them! We are either going to go to a pasta restaurant, a burger joint, or a sushi parlor. D: I need help figuring out what the best bet would be! So far I’m looking at a cheeseburger without the bun, or just sashimi (which I love, but they always worry about me never eating enough). Any suggetions?!

Daily Goals for 10/24 – 10/31
1. Drink 3L: 1.5, 1, 1
2. Walk Steg 3mi: Yes, 2, 1
3. Stretch Twice: Yes, 0, 1
3. 100 Situps: Yes, 0, 0
5. Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Effort in Appearance: Yes, Barely, 4 wardrobe changes just to keep up with my clubs.
good luck on the C25K. And it's not You Guise.... it's Y'ALL DAMMIT! good job on the lighting effect, I've often thought that some of my pics are a little risque, especially my 178# pic.

cjohnson728: I'm fairly certain Mike's twin would be much more focused on burning off the cookies than eating them
Dude, that guy is FAT!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

Exclamation

MIKE: DON’T MAKE ME LECTURE YOU ABOUT THE “F” WORD!
You are not made of fat.
You happen to have fat (which is required for sustaining bodily functions).
Geddit right.
I am from Charleston, SC, dahlin'. Trust me, I know how to have a southern accent, I just prefer not to. :P
Old 10-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

You don't like the "F" word?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:22 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report

1. No day over 1200 cal. 1105, 1200
2. Exercise 3 times. Yes, No
3. Drink 3 L of water. Yes, Yes
4. Focus on one day at a time. Pretty much, Yes
5. Report everyday. Yes, Yes
6. Take vitamin. Yes, Yes
Old 10-26-2011, 06:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, congratulations on the loss! The fact that diet is so restrictive and you have stayed on it proves you have a strong willpower. Keep at it.

Quinn, you will rock that dress and boots at your reunion.

Mike, your twin brother doesn't look evil at all! You are the one giving him the evil eye. I will wait to see your veggie report for tomorrow.

Cassie, do the fishnets and corset, you can cover them up a bit so its less on the "slutty" side. Thank you for the all green comment, I am really trying to be good these days.

April, congrats on such amazing willpower, cookies, roast beef, cheesecake and you have kept it in control!

Mern, congrats on your water today!

Rubypeanut, hope you are feeling better and get to rest tomorrow.

Almeeker, your cal combination sounds about right. Sounds like you are enjoying the gnome costume

Joanna, hope you are doing well. FB is bad when trying to study, its like you unconsciously open the page and find yourself staring at the feed. BUT you can control it, use it like a reward. I love your sisters thinking btw.

Terri, vent away anytime. I wish a good night sleep for you, I am a firm believer in the letting things simmer idea specially while sleeping, then waking up and the wonderful idea will just hit you in the morning. You know you can do this.

Mhibdon, partycat you are. Congrats on starting the C25K and seeing a difference in your pics. About the dinner I would say sushi parlor, most rolls are not very high cal and you can have edamames as starters so your parents see you are eating.

Darlene, glad you are feeling better. Hope your job application turns out for the best, its strange how we can get nervous over things like online applications. Sometimes its necessary to just turn the brain off, but I haven't found a way to do so. Either way its good to put yourself out there.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies,

No gym this week. I've been non stop cleaning....which is a workout in itself seeing as my husband and I are complete slobs. No time=no cleanning.... I'm talking nada.

The house is starting to look a little normal though! No more cat toys scattered throughout the living room or clothes lying in the hallways.

I need to hire a cleaning lady...but I'm cheap, so that won't happen anytime soon.

I've been good with my food though!

Mhibdon: I say go with the sushi restaurant. Predertimine your food before you go. I LOVE sushi! Maybe soup and an order of non-cream cheese filled sushi?
Old 10-27-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Oh you dirty rotten &(*#%&^#(*!! I had it all typed up and forgot to copy it just this one time and wouldn't you know it! White screen!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.