Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness:

1) Post up journal > 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
2) Don't gain any more weight (183.6) TBA
3) 4 servings of fruit/veggies daily no, no (I didn't drink the V8 ), no, yes
4) gallon of water per day so close, yes, yes, yes

Other:
5) No bidding on eBay for a motorcycle no (no is good, yes means I bid), no (although there is one 3 hrs away I could go and pick up now), no, no (it's killing me)
6) Have fun Saturday at the Buddy Walk for the NDSS TBA
7) Write 3 policies 0, 1, 0, 0
8) Push the next person to post yes, but I need to turn up the heat, no but she ganged up on me with all the other cackling hens , not sure, yes
Old 10-28-2011, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MAIN80
So sorry to hear this mhibdon. Take it slow you are right that your health is more important than obsessing over a number. Hope you deal with this in the best way possible. And you will be missed in the next couple of days.
Ditto honey, that sounds really rough. Cyber hugs to you.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Super Moderator

I fixed a couple posts.
Originally Posted by quinnesec
OK... I deserved that! At parent teacher conferences tonight, I had 10 slices of bread. They had massive trays of cookies, ham sandwiches and an incredible bake sale. I ate them all. After eating bread all day, I would have been a very happy camper face planting into a coconut cream pie!

Your will power amazes me, I look up to you so much.
Yes, I was good... unlike you. I know you were up late at night eating rum cake, it's okay. You deserve it, go get some more.

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Mike: Honey, I’m in a sorority. If I had a penny for every time I had to give a peptalk to a girl sobbing about “being fat” then I would have enough money to send all the citizens of the United States back to college debt free. It drives me up the wall when people can’t/don’t separate “having fat” from the thought that they “are (made of) fat”
No, Mark IS fat. Have you ever read my Hey fattie thread? It would drive you nuts.

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Thurday report

1. No day over 1200 cal. 1105, 1200, 1237
2. Exercise 3 times. Yes, No, Yes
3. Drink 3 L of water. Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Focus on one day at a time. Pretty much, Yes Mmmm, dispersed day.
5. Report everyday. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Take vitamin. Yes, Yes, Yes
Quinn, congrats on eating so much bread. Your self control is lacking, after a whole day of eating bread, I'm surprised yoiu can walk.

Mike, did you see how much bread Quinn ate?
I know, that girl can put away some bread.

Originally Posted by dar n
Goals
Exercise 5 days: M=Walk, T=Treadmill, W=Treadmill, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Half, T=Y, W=Y, T=Half
Calories less than 1400: M=1191, T=1175, W= 1319, T=1229
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -955, T= -977, W= -788, T= -1037
Clean something (not daily chores) everyday: M=N, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y
Great week so far! Keep the momentum through the weekend.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy Oh my I am laughing so hard my tummy hurts the principle of my sons elementary school was a nightmare when it came to dress code and I pictured his face as he seen your “ topless dancer garden gnome” He probably would of had a nervous breakdown right there in kindergarten class.
Our middle DD wanted to be a "showgirl" for Halloween. Did you know that showgirls do not wear fabric just feathers, beads and bikinis made of rhinestones? Which I did not realize until after a quick google for costume ideas. I sort of got the giggles thinking about the principal seeing my little DD dancing through the Halloween parade in her hot pink bikini strewn with beads, feathers, a giant headdress and and last year's Easter high heels covered in fresh spray glitter. But alas I'm not sending Mr. S. to an early grave just yet, I talked her into going as a flapper girl.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I fixed a couple posts.
Yes, I was good... unlike you. I know you were up late at night eating rum cake, it's okay. You deserve it, go get some more.

No, Mark IS fat. Have you ever read my Hey fattie thread? It would drive you nuts.

I know, that girl can put away some bread.

Great week so far! Keep the momentum through the weekend.
*snicker*
Old 10-28-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: It does work great on my home computer - thank you so much for the info Also thanks for the advice and boost-up. Believing in myself has been a lifelong battle, but I try. I'm the sort of person to hold others up to the spotlight - I feel awkward in it. But I will try.

Also, your ex did WUT?!? That's crazy!

Joanna: I like your sister's advice!!! LOL, it made me feel better too. I'm still struggling with how I feel, but I spoke to my postdoctoral adviser today about it. She and I have had a bit of a stiff relationship because there's been a lot of drama at my current employment (funding issues), but we had a really candid talk about research plans and such. She didn't "give me anything" in terms of what to write, but she did get me talking about my interests. I find I can TALK about what I want, but I have trouble writing it. So I've decided I'm just going to do a sort of head-to-mouth writing as if I'm talking to myself and then clean it up. Maybe it will work!!

I also second Cassie's suggestion for couponmom.com and the Sunday paper- I also "liked" couponmom on facebook and get extra coupons there. Most of my coupons that I'm getting come right out the paper and/or circulars.

Cassie: Imposter syndrome! I am the poster child for imposter syndrome too! Thank you also for the lovely advice - be natural. I have trouble being natural. You know what the weird thing is for me - I'm not the sort of person to candidly express my opinions. I have them, but I tend to forever be the compromiser or the commisserator. I'm my own devil's advocate. When I'm feeling strongly about something, I'll immediately have a "yeah, but" moment and think about the other side. It gets a little exhausting in my brain sometimes. How it ends up affecting me negatively as a researcher is that I don't have conviction in my own ideas and passion because I keep psyching myself out!!! One day I'll get a handle on this thing.

Also - I think it'd be darling if you and he did a bunch of shots once he hits 21. I turned 21 by myself in a foreign country, and it was very lonely and sad for me. I found that I didn't miss the big cake and presents, and I didn't care that I wasn't partying hard at a bunch of bars. I missed my family being able to hug me and say "Happy Birthday" on such a momentous milestone birthday. So do shots with your son for me once you get there (Not that you'll ever actually turn 50!!! Forever 28, right Amy?)

mhibidon: Thanks so much for the pep-cheer!!! But I am so sorry to hear about your friend. You have my deepest condolences. Do what you need to do.

Darlene: The only way to truly fail is to do nothing at all... I will remember that. Those are words I need to hear more often. Great job for taking the leap to apply for a job; you're taking your own advice!! I hope that it works out for you.

Main80: Funnily enough, I slept great on Wednesday night. I got a lot of writing done on Thursday, but much of it was re-drafts of my cover letter etc. (though they are MUCh better now) rather than research plan. Last night (Thursday night) I got almost no sleep, tossed and turned, a thousand ideas floating around in my head -- and I feel ready to tackle that plan sometime today!!! The funny ways our brains work, sheesh...

Luckygirl15: Hey, cleaning is good exercise! Good on you for keeping up with it.

nottheactress: Hey, bacon isn't as bad as sausage! Sometimes I have a strip or two of bacon in the morning - it's all about portions. Sorry to hear about the lack of tenancy rules - ugh, that stinks! The states are so widely different on that that it's a bit absurd. Hugs for you.

April: Uh-oh, how did the pizza go? You've been getting gold stars on keeping yourself to good portions, I bet you did awesome!!

Hope: You are the sweetest, thank you. Sending you a grateful hug!

Amy: You crack me up with your stories, lol, I love your attitude! Topless dancer garden gnome sounds like a hit to me, we should all unbutton a little bit.

Thursday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Calorie average between 1200 and 1400 for the week. No single day over 1600. M: 1,368 T: 1,287 W: 1,150 Th: 1,070 (Week Average: 1,219)
2) Achieve a calorie deficit of 5000 calories M: -501 T: -541 W: -678 Th: -758 (Week Total: -2,478)
3) Work out 4 times this week. M: Day off (groceries) T: Unplanned day off W: Worked reaaaalllly late Th: Ditto, worked late
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
5) Take my multivitamin daily M: yes T: forgot W: forgot again!! Th: yes
6) Weigh in on Monday and Friday ONLY M: 163.5 - sodium weight, I think T: Did not weigh W: Did not weigh Th: Did not weigh
7) Record amount of sleep daily M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
8) Average 30% protein for the week M: 35% T: 38% W: 24% Th: 20% (Week Average: 29%)

Other Goals

1) Be smart about groceries this week M: Did my best! T: N/A W: N/A Th: N/A
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes T: yes W: no makeup Th: yes
3) Clean/tidy one room daily M: My bathroom T: nothing needed it... I looked! W: kitchen Th: No
4) Take some time out for myself every day M: no T: yes W: no Th: no
5) Refine job application materials and RESEARCH PLAN M: Some T: Some more W: No time Th: Made a good dent

Well, I got a LOT of writing done yesterday, I was on my butt in front of the computer from 9:30 until 7:00. In the end I got about half of my research plan done, and I also massively updated my curriculum vitae, my cover letter template, and my statement of teaching philosphy. I am particularly proud of the cover letter now. I need to finish the research plan and am feeling motivated today, though I do have "other lab stuff" I have to do today, including helping out with an experiment from about 1:00 until 3:30. That's okay, though. I will just work around it.

I appreciate everyone behind me when I was venting about my lack of self-esteem and terrible imposter syndrome. I know that this writing is in me somewhere, it's just having a laborious birthing process. I will get it done because I can and I must.

Also, stepped on the scale this morning (Friday) and it fluttered around 161 before finally landing on 160.9 - that's a pound from last Friday, I will totally take it, considering I've done NADA for exercise this week other than the walking my daily life demands.

Hopefully, I will be able to work out tonight even if I work late, as BF is working until 9:00 and won't be hogging the TV.

Happy Friday!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 10-28-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

1) 8 glasses H2O minimum: 11, 6, 13, 9
2) gym or walk 4 days this week minimum: gym, N, gym, N
3) Low carb: Y, Y, Y, Y (did eat a couple pieces of fresh pineapple tho, had to do it)
4) stretch daily: Y, N, Y, Y
5) Get out of funk: Y, Y, Y, mostly - bit of a funk regarding DD's horrible eating habits

Great job, Terri!!! On both the work and the weight loss. Did we say you could do it?

Drinking lots of water rocks tho (and I will white these words out) I am peeing like a racehorse
Old 10-28-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. No buying the dessert of the week (turtle cheesecake) from the work kitchenM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, TH: Yes, F: Yes
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, TH: Yes,
5. No added salt on the plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
6. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Raining, F: Yes

Life Goals...
1. Clean out closet M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No,
2. Plant bulbs M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No, F: Nope
3. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good. M: Yes, T: Nope, W: Yes, Th: Yes
4. Do my nails M: No, T: No, W: undid my nails, that's a start...before work even!, Th: No,
5. Give blood on Thursday Th: Appt at 2pm - DONE!
6. There will be awesome treats for giving blood. Take them home and share with (give to) my guys Th: TBA - Didn't even gather any up to take home!

So yesterday was great! I gave blood then sat down to a table full of sweet snacks and juices to keep you from being dizzy. I asked her to get me water and then I picked out a pack of whole wheat animal crackers (120 cals). They had chips, punch, cheeses, cookies and other stuff in the kitchen too. I ate 2 squares of cheese dipped in mustard as I was talking to our admin assistant and then left to come back to my building. I didn't even make a plate to bring home to the boys. The snacks weren't what they usually are or we may have had more of an issue. Stopped on the way home and got the pizza hut. I ate 2-1/2 slices. I cut my last one lengthwise in half. My son looked at me when I got a fork and knife to eat my pizza and I told him that I will feel fuller if I cut it in smaller bites. He seemed impressed. Also had to bake more cookies for the fall fun fest tonight at school. I ate another 1/2 cookie and passed the rest to the hubby. I think I really am getting the hang of this. I don't feel deprived at all. I also have been allowing myself to feel hungry. I know this one may sound weird but I can't tell you how long it has been since I have "felt" hungry. I know I have "wanted" to eat but been hungry? I don't know. This week I have lightened my lunches and cut out one small snack and I do feel hungry until supper time but I am not overly hungry to where I want to gorge myself with supper foods. It actually seems to be helping me to not eat so much supper too. And I have to say this quietly....my scale was 277.0 this morning which is 2lbs exactly since Monday. I won't record it until I am sure that it sticks for the weekend though.

I told my hubby that I want to go to the shoe outlet tonight. We have a shoe factory that makes many name brand leather shoes & boots for men and women. They are having summer clearance of clogs & sandals for $10 for the first pair and then $5!! Heck Yeah! They will be borns, softspots, etc. I am going tonight hopefully. Since I have gotten this job last summer I have to dress business casual every day and since the weight loss over this summer I have become a bit of a shop-a-holic. Well as much as my budget allows anyway.

Barlana ... Welcome to our group! It really is motivating isn't it!!

Amy ... LOL on the zebra dress. It really goes to show though that people never view us the way that we view ourselves.

Joanna ... Do you get the Altoona Mirror where you are? I know that on my facebook they announce weekly how many $$ of coupons are in their sunday paper. Something like $1200 I think they said this week. ... Are you ready for your first PA snow?

mhibdon ... I meant the new one from the back in your sig. Sorry.....Also very sorry to hear about your friend. Please don't get lost and forget to come back but do what you need to through this tough time.

Darlene ... Good thinking on the job interview process. I would rather hire someone with a record of job longevity than a person who moves from job to job and may be younger.

Quinn ... Good job on passing those treats even if it did mean you had to eat bread.

Terri ... Good job on the 1lb loss again!!! And WTG on getting that writing going!!

Hope ... I am with you on the water. It does that to me too. I am drinking about 100oz a day just at work right now. But it is helping me so I wont' complain about all the walks I have to take.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: It does work great on my home computer - thank you so much for the info Also thanks for the advice and boost-up. Believing in myself has been a lifelong battle, but I try. I'm the sort of person to hold others up to the spotlight - I feel awkward in it. But I will try.

Also, your ex did WUT?!? That's crazy!

2) Achieve a calorie deficit of 5000 calories M: -501 T: -541 W: -678 Th: -758 (Week Total: -2,478)
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes T: yes W: no makeup Th: yes
3) Clean/tidy one room daily M: My bathroom T: nothing needed it... I

Well, I got a LOT of writing done yesterday, I was on my butt in front of the computer from 9:30 until 7:00. In the end I got about half of my research plan done, and I also massively updated my curriculum vitae, my cover letter template, and my statement of teaching philosphy. I am particularly proud of the cover letter now. I need to finish the research plan and am feeling motivated today, though I do have "other lab stuff" I have to do today, including helping out with an experiment from about 1:00 until 3:30. That's okay, though. I will just work around it.

I appreciate everyone behind me when I was venting about my lack of self-esteem and terrible imposter syndrome. I know that this writing is in me somewhere, it's just having a laborious birthing process. I will get it done because I can and I must.

Also, stepped on the scale this morning (Friday) and it fluttered around 161 before finally landing on 160.9 - that's a pound from last Friday, I will totally take it, considering I've done NADA for exercise this week other than the walking my daily life demands.

Hopefully, I will be able to work out tonight even if I work late, as BF is working until 9:00 and won't be hogging the TV.

Happy Friday!

~Terri
Terri, I'm glad that it's working out for you. The bad thing is that I can't say that I can't believe that my ex did that. I'm just bad that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Your -5000 cal may be a struggle this week but you're doing great. Don't starve yourself of the weekend. I like that we have another duck. Duck > Goose! Good job on getting the research done and the scale moving.

Originally Posted by canary52
1) 8 glasses H2O minimum: 11, 6, 13, 9
2) gym or walk 4 days this week minimum: gym, N, gym, N
3) Low carb: Y, Y, Y, Y (did eat a couple pieces of fresh pineapple tho, had to do it)
4) stretch daily: Y, N, Y, Y
5) Get out of funk: Y, Y, Y, mostly - bit of a funk regarding DD's horrible eating habits

Great job, Terri!!! On both the work and the weight loss. Did we say you could do it?

Drinking lots of water rocks tho (and I will white these words out) I am peeing like a racehorse
Hope, 13 glasses? Are those big girl glasses or shot glasses?

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. No buying the dessert of the week (turtle cheesecake) from the work kitchenM: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, TH: Yes, F: Yes
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, TH: Yes,
5. No added salt on the plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
6. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Raining, F: Yes

Life Goals...
1. Clean out closet M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No,
2. Plant bulbs M: No, T: No, W: No, Th: No, F: Nope
3. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good. M: Yes, T: Nope, W: Yes, Th: Yes
4. Do my nails M: No, T: No, W: undid my nails, that's a start...before work even!, Th: No,
5. Give blood on Thursday Th: Appt at 2pm - DONE!
6. There will be awesome treats for giving blood. Take them home and share with (give to) my guys Th: TBA - Didn't even gather any up to take home!
Good job on giving blood and eating smaller amounts! Are there skeletons in your closest? With all that red it looks like your afraid to go in there and tackle it. Congrats on the -2! Your goals are looking nice this week.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I fixed a couple posts.
HEYYYY!!! Oh... wait... you sent me a Rum Cake??? You're the BEST!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.