Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-26-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Cackling hens, is it now, Mike? Well since your and your twin (who's surprisingly cute!) made such a nice appearance for Amy's birthday, I'm gonna let that one slide.

Cassie, I love how into the Halloween spirit you guys are getting!

Quinn, you rock, no matter what any "mean girls" (or guys) said "back inthe day" and I know you always did.

Rubypeanut, good luck! I did not know you are having a little peanut.

Mern, I agree, weight loss is weight loss! I'll take it!!! Congrats on your loss!!! Fennel tea, huh....

Last edited by canary52; 10-26-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Oh my gosh guys! You all know I work at a food company. Well...they were having a test kitchen today. I got a call from the vendor saying she was bringing me some lunch. I had already eaten my healthy lunch and didn't really want it but didn't want to say no as I do a lot for them in my job and this is their way of giving back. Well ....sorry for the food description here.... I came back from my afternoon walk (1-1/2 miles BTW) and on my desk sat 2 9x9 containers. One with a heap of mashed potatoes and a pile of roast beef and a section of beef gravy. The other has a huge piece of NY cheesecake in it smothered in sliced strawberries (frozen/thawed) and a section with a huge scoop of whipped cream! She just delivered all of my comfort foods in two little boxes. I took one small taste of the roast beef and closed the lid and took them out of my office and put in the fridge. I will take them home and share with the hubby for supper. Before though, it would have been on. All that would be left is the smears of gravy & strawberry juice on my chin.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I know that I've been slacking on my birthday wishes lately and this may be a little late. I flew in my evil twin, Mark, I was going to make a YouTube video but he's a little camera shy. It was all I could do to get him to pose for a picture.

ROFLOL, that is too too funny!!!! So it's official, I'm not a hen, I'm a dawg! Woof woof.

My calories for the day are shaping up pretty hilariously, 700 calories in fat from truffles, and 700 or so from healthy foods. Could be worse, I could have gone for 700 from truffles and the rest from beer. Because once I've downed the first half of that, I really can't count anymore and beer is my friend.

I would love to sit here and chat it up, but I have to finish a gnome costume, OMG it's the cutest costume I've ever made.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

great willpower, wildbeanz!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike has an evil twin! We're in trouble now, ladies!

All kidding aside, great photography job, Mike. How fun it was to see that pic.
Thanks Mern. He really is my evil twin.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. No buying the dessert of the week (turtle cheesecake) from the work kitchenM: Yes, T: Yes,
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes, T: Yes,
5. No added salt on the plate M: Yes, T: Yes,
6. Walk on lunch M: Yes, T: Yes,

Life Goals...
1. Clean out closet M: No, T: No,
2. Plant bulbs M: No, T: No,
3. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good. M: Yes, T: Nope,
4. Do my nails M: No, T: No, W: undid my nails, that's a start...before work even!,
5. Give blood on Thursday
6. There will be awesome treats for giving blood. Take them home and share with (give to) my guys

Mike ... Great pic! I love it!!
Thanks. Great job on your top goals! You now have me hungry for roast and potatoes.

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
Today I'm so exhausted. I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions and a headache since I got to work today, usually they don't start until the afternoon! Ugh! I'm going to be ready to stay home sick tomorrow just in case. Thanks for your encouragement, everyone!
I hope you get to feeling better.

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Oh man, Mike, I literally laughed out loud in my office when I saw your picture - everyone wanted to know what was so funny!
Yeah, he's a real character.

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Not able to do individual replies yet, but just wanted to pop in & say that Mike's twin should tots make more appearances! Homeboy, why you not dressin supa fly all the time?!
Hey acts like he's from Jersey. LOL

Originally Posted by canary52
Cackling hens, is it now, Mike? Well since your and your twin (who's surprisingly cute!) made such a nice appearance for Amy's birthday, I'm gonna let that one slide.
He "claims" that he got the good looks, even though we are identical.

Originally Posted by almeeker
ROFLOL, that is too too funny!!!! So it's official, I'm not a hen, I'm a dawg! Woof woof.

My calories for the day are shaping up pretty hilariously, 700 calories in fat from truffles, and 700 or so from healthy foods. Could be worse, I could have gone for 700 from truffles and the rest from beer. Because once I've downed the first half of that, I really can't count anymore and beer is my friend.

I would love to sit here and chat it up, but I have to finish a gnome costume, OMG it's the cutest costume I've ever made.
Bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay.
Post up pics.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome willpower beanerz! I love that last line about the smear of the chin. Too funny!

Amy, I wanna see the gnome costume, sounds so cute. I wanna be a gnome but at my age I'd just look like an old troll!!!! I love how you realize you're not a hen, you're a dawg!!!

You guys are making me laugh today!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks. Great job on your top goals! You now have me hungry for roast and potatoes.
Sorry! It really is a big weakness of mine too. It got that way when I was preggo the first time and it never went away.

Also I got to thinking and the vendor that delivered this also is a Sara Lee rep so that is probably a really good cheesecake!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, I love the pic. Now, this evil twin is the one who says, "Let's go get a Blast" or "Let's bake a whole batch of cookies just for us," right??

April, great job holding the willpower today. Especially since you gave yourself a taste before putting it up! Roast and potatoes sounds like comfort food; hope your boys enjoy it.

Amy, glad you had your celebration and enjoyed it. I would love to see a pic of the gnome when you get it done!

Mern, glad your scale took a drop. That's a pound and a half less you look like having, then, per your reasoning! Hope all is well in your busy household. Oh, the question you asked a day or so ago...it was the 11th, and DS's was the 12th...hence cakecakecakecakecake!

ruby, rest up, feel better, and take care of yourself!

Terri, slow down, girl! Looking forward to your catching up to hear about your latest successes.

Joanna, hope you're feeling better by now. Take care, okay? Not too much stressing.

Hope, I'm glad the weight is dropping down. It's a good motivator. Keep up the good work!

Darlene, here's hoping the funk is indeed lifting and that you have a great day.

MAIN80, always count on you for green goals. WTG!

Mary, you were a nurse? How cool a combination of careers. You sound like a very bright and compassionate lady.

Sorry if I missed anyone! I'm posting distracted!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, shoot...I did miss...

Quinn, do you have any ideas about a good, healthy Halloween-y appetizer? Here's the menu for the gathering Saturday:

We'll have hot dogs, wings, beans, and beer, bring your own favorite snack.

Sounds like a DISASTER! I need to do an apple pie because it's the host's favorite and a private joke (someone actually made him one of those "mock" apple pies on the Ritz cracker box), but I want to take something healthy, too. Since you're my go-to woman for that, any ideas?

Trying to get up the nerve to consider a bustier with the costume instead of a t-shirt, but I don't think it'll happen!
Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Oh, shoot...I did miss...

Quinn, do you have any ideas about a good, healthy Halloween-y appetizer? Here's the menu for the gathering Saturday:

We'll have hot dogs, wings, beans, and beer, bring your own favorite snack.

Sounds like a DISASTER! I need to do an apple pie because it's the host's favorite and a private joke (someone actually made him one of those "mock" apple pies on the Ritz cracker box), but I want to take something healthy, too. Since you're my go-to woman for that, any ideas?

Trying to get up the nerve to consider a bustier with the costume instead of a t-shirt, but I don't think it'll happen!
Glad you asked... my inbox is FULL of Halloween recipes right now. (Some healthier than others! ) These are some of my favorites in the "healthy" category. I also have an incredible spiced apple cider recipe that I make every year for our get-together, not low-cal though. I hand it out the front door to the kids because they're usually freezing by Halloween. You put everything in a crock pot and let it go; cloves, cinnamon, sliced oranges. It's nice because people can help themselves throughout the night.

Fun Halloween Recipes for Kids

http://familyfun.go.com/halloween/ha...loween-snacks/

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/H...lthy-Halloween

Last edited by quinnesec; 10-26-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.