Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-20-2011, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Has anyone besides me noticed that Terri and the groom look like brother and sister?? lol
LOL! It's been noted our entire lives. I met the groom (Chris) when I was about 3, and everyone thought we were siblings or twins then. We have the same hair and skin tone, and very similar eyes. Mine are a little darker blue, and his are that lovely light crystal blue I'm jealous of. But same nose shape and everything.

We both have some Irish in us - the groom is Irish/Scottish and I am Irish/German, but it's funny that you can see it even in pictures. We have a lot of the same mannerisms too, but I think that's just from growing up together Our families always thought we'd end up dating, but he's way too much like my brother to have considered it. Would have been weird.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

jj: Weird how those cravings can just turn on you - I must admit that when I'm having a ginormous craving for something I usually give in - just a piece of chocolate or half a donut or SOMETHING. Maybe next time - have a bite of donut! I love the pushups for "I can't" comments - that should be something we do here sometimes maybe!

April: I'm jealous of both your pond AND your heron, even if he's a little scamp. I'm a bit of a bird fan, but I would perhaps share your loathing if I was there! The pat on the rear shocked the heck out of me, but I laughed and ended up speaking with her later (she was a friend of the bride's family) - quite a character!

Luckygirl15: So how was your intense gym workout??

Lizzie: Thanks for the compliment! Way to go on getting your 30 minutes per day in!

Joanna: How was your night out? I bet you had a great time! Birthdays are the best.

Amy: Women do indeed grow hair there - not a ton, but if you've got dark hair it's enough to be noticeable. I am completely jealous of your relative hairlessness - I have heard of that as a Native American trait before, though I am unsure if it was certain tribes/bloodlines or regions that had it. If I find or get any pictures of the back I'll be sure to post them - Mom took pictures of the "work in progress" but they are from the side, and my head is tilted down and there is some awful double-chin going on. And LOL - from now on I will use bobby pin count as a way to figure out the degree of celebration! If there are more than 50, someone had BETTER get hitched or I'm going to be crashing weddings!! GREAT JOB on pulling up your pants and doing it - breaking out of cycles is hard, especially when they're comfy! Way to go!

Mike: I got your e-mail! Thanks! I'll have to check that out. I totally intend on sticking around for this weekend!

mhibidon: Yikes! You sound sick as a dog - must be those illnesses going around whenever a semester starts. I hope you feel better soon - take it easy!!!! Soup! Tea! Blankets!

Darlene: 83 bobby pins was FUN, especially when my darling BF was drunk and scrounging for food in the kitchen at midnight and left me to do it on my own. I think it took about 20 minutes. Then again - given he was drunk, I might not have appreciated his help if he tried. Might have had more pulled-out hair than bobby pins! The hairdresser did a great job, though, and none of them were too tight or scratchy - most pulled out fairly easily.

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Average weekly calories between 1200 and 1400. No single day above 1600. T: 1,478 W:1,373 (Week Average: 1,425.5)
2) Exercise 3-4 times this week T: Day off W: Zumba Scuplt and Tone
3) Achieve a calorie deficit of at least 4,500 calories. 5,000 calories would be better. T: -351 W: -961 (Week Total: -1,312)
4) Average daily protein percentage of 25-30% T: 25% W: 25% (Week Average: 25%)
5) Average daily carb percentage of 45-50% or less T: 37% W: 41% (Week Average: 39%)
6) Sleep at least 7 hours per night. Aim for 8. T: yes W: yes
7) Hit the snooze button 2 times max T: At least 4 W: not sure; more than 2
8) Weigh in on Friday (and only Friday) T: Did not weigh W: Did not weigh
9) Multivitamin Daily T: yes W: yes
10) 80-90 oz. of water daily T: yes W: yes

Other Goals

1) Start/maintain a job search spreadsheet for materials sent in/needed T: No W: No
2) Bring my "A" game every day to work T: Fail - distractions! W: for sure!
3) Make an effort on my appearance every day T: no makeup W: no makeup
4) Clean one room a day T: Fail W: Half of kitchen

I've been pretty fail on my "life" goals - I've got a bit of tiredness lingering around (probably from my travel for the wedding) and I've been falling asleep on the couch when at home. I pulled myself up by the bootstraps this morning though and made sure I did my makeup and spent extra time on my hair - I'm also going to tackle the "job spreadsheet" this morning since it's fixing to be a quiet morning before our lab meeting at 12:30. I'm planning on taking a day off from exercise as well to clean - if I can get the other half of the kitchen as well as the living room, I will feel much better about myself as a human being!!

Happy Thursday everyone!

~Terri
Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 80oz water daily not just during the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch M: 1-3/4mile, T: 1-1/2mile, W: 1-1/2mile,
3. Exercise Weds-Sun (allow one day off) M/T: N/A, W: 50min, Th: 40min,
4. No stuffing junk in my mouth mindlessly M: No, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. No added salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Life Goals...
1. Fill out new patient forms for dentist for boys M: Done!
2. Mail ^ dentist forms T: Done!
3. Fill out insurance forms for boys M: Done!
4. Mail ^ insurance forms T: Done!
5. Fold laundry M: 4 loads, T: 2 loads, W: none to fold,
6. Lotion on feet M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Weekend Goals...
1. Clear closet of clothes I no longer wear
2. Plant flower bulbs in bed
3. Move hostas
4. Scoop leaves from pond T: spent 1/2 hr,
5. Regular housework for hubby's work weekend

Yesterday was another good day. Nice tiring workout in the morning then a 28 min walk at lunch. Would have walked more but it was starting to rain and with my job I couldn't look like a drowned rat for the rest of the day. LOL....I was so tired at the end of the day that once I did dishes after dinner and had a meeting with the contractor before he could start work on our roof Monday (you have to sign a contract a min of 3 days prior in case you want to cancel) I just wanted to sleep. I laid on the foot of our bed and watched tv, looked at FB on my phone and dozed all evening. I ended up showering at 9 and putting the dogs to bed so I could go to bed myself. Today feels like it might end the same way. I get so tired at that TOTM. I might not get to walk on lunch today. It's going to depend on the weather. It's to rain here the next 3 days or so. It better stop by Monday so my roof gets done! If the rain doesn't subside I will have to alter my weekend goals. That's okay though. I have lots of things I can do...like cleaning my fish tank. i should do that anyway, LOL.

Mike ... I just haven't commented on your pink because I haven't gotten to watch the video yet. No youtube at work

Amy ... with my German background I am totally jealous of the fact that you didn't know women grow hair on their thighs. That's all I'm gonna say ... Good save on your food choices yesterday. That was a tough one to overcome!

LuckyGirl ... Yay for you on getting to the gym then fixing a healthy omelette.

Quinn ... You are rockin your goals this week!

Joanna ... Glad you had a nice birthday despite that exam. I do think some professors get a charge out of how hard they can make a test.

Dar ... I am utterly jealous of your hike around a lake as I sat in the edge of a refrigerated warehouse working.

mhibdon ... Hope that you start to feel better fast now that you got meds.

Terri ... Another gorgeous picture! You better ask her one more time, maybe there is a pic of the back of your hair.

Lizzie ... What a nice reflection on your childhood. The things you found when your dad passed away must have meant so much. It is true that many men (especially from 'back then') didn't know how to express their love and emotions. I'm glad you were able to find out that he really did love you. Just in his own special way.
Old 10-20-2011, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Holy cow, April, look at all that green! That's great!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hey! It is officially in the 50's here and I am freezing! Do you lovelies have any cute, yet still functional, cold weather workout gear tips/brands/items/stuff?! I went walking in my UA cold-gear, fitted sweat pants & a hoodie and just about froze! It was ridiculous!! So tired today, got my morning stretch & mile in, now to take a nap before dragging my sick self Neurobio... greatly considering skipping it to stay in bed & asking someone to send me the notes... :/

Hope: My sense of humor is always the last thing to go down- If I'm not looking for the positive, or trying to make someone smile, then you know something is majorly wrong. My outlook on life is that you can choose to look for things to make you happy, or things to make you sad. Essentially, even though there are some unavoidable life circumstances, your happiness is ultimately your responsibility.

Terri: Thanks, boo! I'mma workin' on it

Prelim goal results because I'm kind spacy:

Daily Goals for 10/17-10/24
1. Drink 3L: Yes, No, No,, Tea?
2. Walk Stegosaurus 3 miles: Yes, 2, 1, 1/3
3: 200 Situps: Yes, 100, 0,
4: Take Vitamin: Yes, Yes, Yes,
5: Stretch TWICE: Yes, Yes, No, 1/2
Old 10-20-2011, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Mike. Thanks for the name check, it was a privilege to contribute. Better to be in the pink than blue with the cold, as I am here at the moment.
Thanks for contributing. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Originally Posted by taubele
Mike: I got your e-mail! Thanks! I'll have to check that out. I totally intend on sticking around for this weekend!
Good, let me know how it works out for you. I hope you didn't think I was going to send you something crazy.

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 80oz water daily not just during the week M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Walk on lunch M: 1-3/4mile, T: 1-1/2mile, W: 1-1/2mile,
3. Exercise Weds-Sun (allow one day off) M/T: N/A, W: 50min, Th: 40min,
4. No stuffing junk in my mouth mindlessly M: No, T: Yes, W: Yes,
5. No added salt on my plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
6. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Life Goals...
1. Fill out new patient forms for dentist for boys M: Done!
2. Mail ^ dentist forms T: Done!
3. Fill out insurance forms for boys M: Done!
4. Mail ^ insurance forms T: Done!
5. Fold laundry M: 4 loads, T: 2 loads, W: none to fold,
6. Lotion on feet M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,

Weekend Goals...
1. Clear closet of clothes I no longer wear
2. Plant flower bulbs in bed
3. Move hostas
4. Scoop leaves from pond T: spent 1/2 hr,
5. Regular housework for hubby's work weekend

Yesterday was another good day. Nice tiring workout in the morning then a 28 min walk at lunch. Would have walked more but it was starting to rain and with my job I couldn't look like a drowned rat for the rest of the day. LOL....I was so tired at the end of the day that once I did dishes after dinner and had a meeting with the contractor before he could start work on our roof Monday (you have to sign a contract a min of 3 days prior in case you want to cancel) I just wanted to sleep. I laid on the foot of our bed and watched tv, looked at FB on my phone and dozed all evening. I ended up showering at 9 and putting the dogs to bed so I could go to bed myself. Today feels like it might end the same way. I get so tired at that TOTM. I might not get to walk on lunch today. It's going to depend on the weather. It's to rain here the next 3 days or so. It better stop by Monday so my roof gets done! If the rain doesn't subside I will have to alter my weekend goals. That's okay though. I have lots of things I can do...like cleaning my fish tank. i should do that anyway, LOL.

Mike ... I just haven't commented on your pink because I haven't gotten to watch the video yet. No youtube at work
Um WOW! Awesome job on everything! You're not missing much in the video.

Originally Posted by jjeand
Mike: Finally got to watch your you tube video. I'm going to have to agree with the others here that you look good in pink . And I was happy to help. The personal thank you's were a charming surprise.
Thank you once again. Wearing pink could have been worse... in a tennis shirt.

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Do you lovelies have any cute,
Old 10-20-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: For serious? I'm fairly certain that you've used/worn gear and been like "Yeah.. I'll be getting all the ladies in this!" or at least seen a style that you thought was fairly flattering for the female figure. I put in the word "functional"!! D:
Old 10-20-2011, 05:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default what a effing waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's another one of my rants... newbies beware.

Yesterday was a rough day. I didn't get home from the office until 6:15pm, the middle daughter needed a ride to church and met me in the driveway. I haul her across town, drop her off and make it back home around 7:00. I make a quick video, save to my computer and load to youtube. I heat up a bowl of gumbo, scarf it down and fly out the door (late for pool league that stats at 7:30). I get there at 8:10 and I'm starving, I'm really craving a blast. League finished up at 10:20 and I haul ass to Sonic, get there at 10:30 and they are closed!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot that I had bought some cookies from my friends daughter (for her school fundraiser). Well they came in the other day so late last night I cooked some up. They are already shaped and ready to go. They cook up to about the size of a chips ahoy cookie but have 110 EACH! What a waste of caloires. I had 7 of them and wasn't even satisfied. Nearly 800 calories for a handful of cookies??? Damn a blast would have been less calories.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Mike: For serious? I'm fairly certain that you've used/worn gear and been like "Yeah.. I'll be getting all the ladies in this!" or at least seen a style that you thought was fairly flattering for the female figure. I put in the word "functional"!! D:
Gear? I thought that gear was steroids?
Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
lol I'm the same way with movies... I absolutely refuse to pay $10.00 to cry.
I'm so with you on this. Movies where kids or animals die, or people have cancer, I just can't do them, especially not in public. Occasionally I will get a tear jerker for home, but only if I'm stocked up on tissues and fudgesicles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.