Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-18-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

April, I hear ya! Sometimes we just have to pick and choose our battles. Good for you for remaining in control--both of yourself and of your son. That's not easy. Uhm, I don't think anyone is over reacting for getting angry due to being called a bitch, although there were certainly times I deserved to be called one, but like you, not by a child of any age. I was physically abused as a child, so I really commend you for your self-control. There were times I'd have clobbered my kids had it not been for my past. I didn't say that to get attention or pity--neither are needed and I've moved on except to carry that lesson in my heart--that being hit hurts. Big hug to ya!

ChibiSub, welcome back! I regained a bit, too, as have several of us. So nice we can all support each other. Congrats on your new job. That's wonderful that it'll give you some good weight loss exercise! Nice goals, too!

Terri, it's wonderful to learn that you enjoyed the wedding and looked spectacular with your dress and hairdo! Looks like you spelled it right--better than my brother jokingly spells it--"horse doovers." LOL Also looks like you did a great job on the food, drinks, and dancing off the calories both at the wedding and the rest of vacation. Kudos on that! LOL on "chicken drumsticks happened." Oh, that's so wonderful about the Delta bucks! No you DON'T talk too much. I LOVE reading your posts as I'm sure do all the rest of our group! Your goals look great, as usual!

Wow, it was so nice being able to keep up with the posts today--even got a pot of veggie soup simmering away on the stove. Yum, wish you could taste it--fresh tomatoes from our garden, beef broth and a little leftover beef from yesterday's crockpot roast, cabbage, Italian green beans, broccoli, yellow and red peppers, Italian seasoning, salt substitute, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, two bay leaves, a splash of soy sauce and little squirt of lemon juice.

Well, my fun me-time is over. Gotta go pick up the grandkids from school and then take live-in granddaughter to and from work this evening. But supper is done--my yummy soup and DH can make himself a sandwich.

Last edited by Mern; 10-18-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Yum, wish you could taste it--fresh tomatoes from our garden, beef broth and a little leftover beef from yesterday's crockpot roast, cabbage, Italian green beans, broccoli, yellow and red peppers, Italian seasoning, salt substitute, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, two bay leaves, a splash of soy sauce and little squirt of lemon juice.
And dinner is at what time? I can bring my own spoon.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Welcome back, chibisub!

Terri, sounds like you did great and had an awesome time! Looking forward to the pictures .
Me too!
Old 10-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Just went to Walmart and got the scale battery but couldn't find any pink shirts for men or unisex. Going to academy now.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Amy, you seriously don't know what a Brazilian is?! I'm so excited that I get to be the one to tell you because I'm anticipating your reaction. So, a Brazilian is when everything and I mean everything is waxed away.... down there.
Ohhhh, around here I think they call that a "bikini" wax, sorry I'm not up to speed on my body hair removal lingo. My mother's family is part Native American, so south of my eyebrows I'm darn near slick shorn. All this fuzz and de-fuzzing conversation is fascinating, but so far from my sphere of experience I can't even chime in. Sheesh. I'm going to have to get caught up though, our middle DD did not get the Indian gene, she's furry like a baby monkey. I'm hoping one of DH's sister's can spend a weekend sometime going over the basics, cause I got nothin' to offer on that topic. Absolutely nothin'.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Just went to Walmart and got the scale battery but couldn't find any pink shirts for men or unisex. Going to academy now.
Here's what you need to do, get yourself some red socks, preferably cotton socks, and then toss them in to a load of whites, make sure the dial is set to hot-hot and waa-laa a whole pink wardrobe. That's how my kids do it. Works every time.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

Terri...You sound so happy! I bet you are really relaxed after that wonderful weekend. Doesn't sound like you did bad either. I hope you are pleasantly surprised when you weigh on Friday. And no you don't talk too much, you just even me out!

Mern...I would never take that as a cry for pity. I am glad you shared it. I grew up in a bad situation with lots of drinking and drugs. All it does for me is let me know the way I don't want to be with my own family. I was so angry with him. He has ODD so he kind of gets a thrill out of working me up. I just knew I couldn't live with it if I did it. It must have sunk in to him because he buttered me up the rest of the evening.

Oh and yeah, what time is dinner?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

The only pink breast cancer awareness shirt at Academy are too small b/c they are fitted women's shirts. Even a XL wouldn't fit.

I just found a plain pink v neck.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Oh and Terri...I am so with you on the mirror thing. Sometimes if I go off course I expect my clothes not to fit the next morning. Sounds stupid but that thought is there.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

April,

I had an awful time with my oldest son, now 28. We fought about everything. He was a good kid academically, but I was pretty strict and well, he wasn't. 15-18 was horrible! But, I want you to know, that it get so much better! Today, we are inseparable because after all these years, we both understand that the reason why we didn't get along is because we are sooooo much alike. Now, we laugh at it. We are both the type that wants it done "our way" and we want it done NOW. The funny thing is that today he runs his home exactly like I did; a very well organized, tight ship. He's someone who always watches out for me now and is probably the only person in the world who can read exactly what I'm thinking. I can't fool him. I had him at a young age (20) and in a lot of ways, we really did grow up together. He's my buddy and I couldn't be prouder of him.

I think that's also why my daughter and I get along so well. We are polar opposites. I'm the nurturer, and she the academic. I can seriously say that I really can't ever remember us raising our voices at one another. Our worlds are so different that we just roll our eyes at each other and walk away. I depend on her for her talents and she depends on me for mine.

Mern,

I can just picture you picking up your granddaughter. That sounds so much like something that I would do. What a wonderful grandma you are. I hope that your daughter knows how extremely lucky she is to have you.

Terri!

"I'm Terri and I talk too much..." you're funny! Welcome back! Your time back home sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see how incredible you looked. Post lots of pictures! And congrats on the $400 score... I'm with you; I'd do almost anything for a $400 savings, especially since you'll be going back home again for the holidays. What did everyone back home say about your weight loss?? About the mirror thing... I don't think that it ever goes away. After a year and a half, I still go to my old size on the clothing rack, even take it into the fitting room expecting it to fit. Go figure.

ChibiSub,

Congrats on the new job... no small feat in this job market! I never realized until today that you were 4'11"! I can only imagine that keeping your weight down at that height would be hard. I get so mad at my husband at 6'4" and an inseam of 36". It seems like he can hide an extra 10 lbs. pretty effortlessly. It's not fair!

Well, as I promised myself, I am going to take advantage of this blissfully, quiet afternoon and curl up with a good book and maybe even pat myself on the back for getting a daughter to the age of 18 successfully and with no one being maimed in the process.

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 10-18-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.