Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 10/17/11

Old 10-20-2011, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele View Post
Amy: Women do indeed grow hair there - not a ton, but if you've got dark hair it's enough to be noticeable. I am completely jealous of your relative hairlessness - I have heard of that as a Native American trait before, though I am unsure if it was certain tribes/bloodlines or regions that had it.
Originally Posted by wildbeanerz View Post
Amy ... with my German background I am totally jealous of the fact that you didn't know women grow hair on their thighs. That's all I'm gonna say ... Good save on your food choices yesterday. That was a tough one to overcome!
Um, don't be too jealous, the Native American gene also gave me a long skull and a big nose.

By the way Terri the pic is fantastic, and that dress may have looked simple, but getting that Georgette to lay in flowing folds like that is anything but (trust me).

wildbeanerz, all your green is inspiring me to get off my behind and get something done girl. You are rocking it!

Last edited by almeeker; 10-20-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

Only got in 3/4mile today. It started to rain. I figured I did better than most people though as at least I went out and did something. I could have just chosen to sit in the lunchroom.

Thanks for the compliments on my green everyone! I am really pushing myself this week because of the TOTM, yesterday I was up 2.8lbs. This morning I was back down 1.6 of those pounds. And I am hoping to show a loss by Monday. Maybe I will get pleasantly surprised!

I hope not to have to skip some of those weekend goals. I might just have to keep the little shovel and bulbs near the door so if it clears for a few mins I can slip them in the flower bed. The hostas is a bigger project though. Hmmmm...I could make one of my weekend goals to be to watch a movie with the boys while their dad is at work. I haven't done that in a long time.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 PM
FitDay Member

Ack, I can't keep up with the posts. Just so darned busy lately and have to share this computer with others, so can't always get on.

Mike, you are such a great sport. Awesome pink shirt and awesome YouTube video thanking your contributors plus the extra one for Terri.

Main80, I got in about 44 oz. yesterday--close to the 48 I promised. May be able to make 48 today.

Terri, thanks for your kind words. But I'm not as sweet as some of you may think. I have my crabby days and today was one of them. I'll blame it on y'all's TOTM since I no longer have them myself. Actually, my crabbiness today is due to my sentence-finisher husband cutting me off lately about 2/3 of the time that I speak--and he's wrong every time! I told him he finishes my sentences so I'll shut up faster (he denies that's the reason) but then when he finishes it wrong, just for the hell of it I go on and on and on about how wrong he was before I say my sentence with my originally intended ending. You'd think he'd know better after 40 years of marriage, but noooooooooooooooo. LOL

I haven't been able to get on to log all my food. But I know I did a bad job Tuesday on carbs and sat fat. Yesterday I know was good except for sat fat from too much sugar free chocolate but calories and carbs were fine. Today is likely to be a repeat of yesterday. Calories and carbs are my most important thing and I've been doing good on the stuff to reduce my triglycerides and cholesterol EXCEPT for the sat fat in the sugar free chocolate. I agree with Cassie that whether reducing sat fat helps lower cholesterol is a controversial issue despite what the low fat supporters say--it's not been proven. Had four servings of leftover low carb cooked veggies for breakfast today (broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, red and yellow bell peppers) pureed in the food processor with some onion powder and cheese added and then heated in the microwave. I think I'll have that more often for breakfast--it's a nice change and I love veggies.

The grandkids have a day off school tomorrow, so I won't be keeping up with our group then. Will try to be more faithful about logging in on weekends.

Hugs to all!

Last edited by Mern; 10-20-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Mern, et al... I'm having a hard time keeping up with the posts, too. I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything this week, it seems! So, time to post.

I've just finished a homemade granola bar "incident" so had to revamp supper plans (it's homemade pizza ). Hopefully I can pull today out okay. I think my motivation has taken a few days off. Last night I went over by a handful of nuts and a banana cause of feeling shaky at cardio and I talked myself out of a run today because it was in the 40s and very windy. So, I need to go get myself to the basement and get on the treadmill or exercise bike pronto; hopefully that will snap me out of it!

On a positive note, between breakfast, the granola bars, and the whole wheat pizza crust, my fiber is through the roof today!

I didn't post last night so I'll catch that up when I post tonight.

Lizzie, feel better soon, sweetie!

mhibdon, layer, layer, layer. Base, mid, and top. It feels worse now bcs it's cold for the first time this year; it won't be so bad in a couple weeks.

Mike, that stinks about wasted calories. I hate when that happens. There should be a way to do an even exchange.

April, hope your weather gets better. Weekends are precious and when you have plans, it stinks to have to wait a whole 'nother work week to get things done!

Gotta run; hope you all are having a great day!!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:18 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn I have not read Black House it is loosely based on Hamilton Howard aka “Albert Fish” the serial killer/cannibal from the early 1900 and I was afraid I would read the book going that’s wrong that’s not what really happened. I have a bit of a morbid interest in serial killers, I know I am sorry trust me I get allot of teasing from my friends and family having said that I have read a bit about his life and I know King’s writing a fictional novel so it shouldn’t bug me but he said he was basing it on .. so I would be looking for facts the whole book. Please let me know what you think if it’s good I will read it as it’s the sequel to Talisman it should be well written.

Terri You certainly would not have wanted your bf help at that moment, drunk bobby pin pulling can only go wrong. Cleaning can be exercise any time we are purposely active we burn calories!

April I am sorry you are so tired that’s no fun, but look at all that pretty green in your goals even exhausted you are productive and your scales going down.

Mern Way to go on the water goal. Sorry you are having frustrating hubby moments but I must say I was hoping after 40 years mine would stop doing things he knows annoy me at least once a week I think “really after 23 years you should know better” lol, I do love your plan of refinishing your sentence after his version of what you are saying.

I am presently feeling bad as I know my goals will fail today I have sinus pain and a headache and my family are all fighting this horrible cold most of you have already had. So I am going back to bed to take Nyquil and try to sleep it off. Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:39 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene. I have a strange interest in serial killers too. Years ago I had thought about studying criminal psychology but the training would Have taken me 7 years and with 2 kids to raise I decided to go with physiotherapy instead. However I still find the subject fascinating, I presume you watch Criminal Minds too.

Good day mostly but started my weekend early with a glass of wine with dinner. Day off tomorrow and I'm going to the upholsterer's to arrange for my favourite chair to be recovered.

Had some sad news about one of my cousins who is only in her 40s but is losing her fight with breast cancer. My heart goes out to her, her family and all those who are suffering.

Last edited by Lizards13; 10-20-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, a couple days ago you mentioned a recipe for a foccacia...do you mind sharing? I also remember a chex mix being discussed. I have one that is spicy and sweet and lowfat, but if yours is different, I'd love that, too. I've got a few dinners and parties coming up and it's so much nicer to have a new snack or side from a tried and true cook than just pulling one from a book or website; I don't really have the time for trial runs these days .

Lizzie, I am so sorry about your cousin. I'm sure she's battled long and hard. Hugs to you.

Darlene, I hope you feel better as well. Get some rest and some fluids in you, and stay warm.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Oh Lizzie, that's so sad. What's her name? I'll be thinking about y'all Saturday when I'm walking!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

grrrrr it's 6:30 and I'm just leaving the office, headed straight to a ball game and I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD LUNCH!!!!!! I need to plan better. I've had 1 pancake for breakfast, almonds,a zone bar, and a can on V8 juice for snack.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday's report, the week is picking up a little.

Stay on average under 1300 calories. 1402
Drink 3 liters of water. No, Almost but no, Yes
Exercise 3 times. No, No, No
Work on my to write list . No, Yes, Yes
Finish lesson by Wednesday.Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.