Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 08-18-2010, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Just keep at it!

The most important thing is to realize if you keep moving - which does include house work, washing windows, mowing lawn, etc as well as the aerobic exercises - along with controlling calories eventually the weight will come off. I love water aerobics, water walking and some swimming - so I try to do this one hour per day at a local indoor pool. I sleep better and this helps reduce my anxiety every day. Plus this is where I dream, talk with my friends and feel more in touch and attractive in my own body. Weights are small hand reps or on the machines. I am working after surgery to be on my feet more than 2 hours a day - so I do have some medical limitations on weight lifts, can still bike but walking & running long distances are out. Remember a few minutes every hour of walking, doing exercises at a desk area and deeper breathing help me get through the stress of the work day.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

I try to keep moving and do regular exercises 3-4 days a week. It's coming off slow, but keeping it off. I've lost about 14lbs. the past 2 months. I try not to get to upset over the time it is taking, just looking at the positive. Keep up all the good work.
---------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 184lbs (8-18-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (2-20-11)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal

"Every journey starts with one small step,"
Old 08-19-2010, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

evalee24,
It looks to me like you are doing fantastic! Just stay consistant. It must be a little harder having a little one at home to work around. I know that I have to set a schedule for workout times and STICK to it faithfully. That means up at 5 a.m. for me. I work fulltime and have a teenage son at home who is very involved in sports but can't drive alone yet. Evenings are usually spent running him to practices and going to games. Not to mention a husband who wants me to just sit next to him in front of the TV when I am home. He looks at my fitness time as a way to get away from him. I guess that's how I put on 50 pounds since we married 8 years ago. I think you really do just need to say you're doing this for your health (mind health as well as body health). You may have to modify a few things, but you can do ANYTHING you set your mind to. Stay focused and above all else, smile and stay happy.
P.S. Don't worry about the roast meat. I'm sure your body needed the extra protein and that's why you craved it.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

what are peoples thoughts on a gym? i got offered a great deal to join one with all the perks at $10 dols australian, per week. i really think im ready to up my fitness and want to push my self.
@darlean
wow ur day sure does start early and sounds like it finishes late. the fact you get up at 5am is amazing. good on you
i will never get men! my partner continues to eat take aways infront of me when hes home. even thoe he knows how hard it makes it for me let alone the answers always no when i ask him to go for a walk haha but he does work hard away so i wont hate him for spoiling him self with things he doesnt get whilst hes away and wanting to relax.
i know how u feel thoe (about them finding negitive things about the changes you make in your life)

@zinal
any loss is a great loss. next time your at the shops look at what youve lost in sugar bags. its alot i assure u!!!! your doing a great job
are u measuring ur waist ect. some times youl loose inches over scale loss.

@alamomall
great point about the house work ect
always need motivation to clean the house ever since "facebook" was created haha
i love how u turn every thing positive thats when u know your in the right frame of mind

keep up the great work guys.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Gyms can be a great help. The one downfall is making yourself go. Once you're there, they have people who can help you with the machines. Sometimes it's hard to go when they aren't really crowded, though. If they also have a care center for the little ones, that's a real plus. I like to work out on my own, so I do everything at home. We are currently having a "fitness challenge" at my work, so I don't want to let my team down. That keeps me going when I would usually talk myself out of it, too.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:42 PM
FitDay Member

Day two for me...starting weight of 225 with a goal of 155...

Reading the posts above has been helpful and encouraging. My biggest difficulty is exercise as I commute 1.25 hrs one way to work and live in the country where it isn't always safe to walk. No gyms except a free weight one...not my thing. So any ideas about exercise at home would be appreciated!

My plan is to increase protein, reduce carbs and fats, and increase activity. I was amazed that even riding my mower burns calories (I thought I was just having fun!). I also appreciate hearing others struggle with focusing on numbers, so any tips there would be great too!

Thanks for being transparent!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 PM
FitDay Member

today i got a outdoor broom and some grout cleaner and i scrubed the tiles through out my whole house. that was my work out for the day. basically i got fit plus have sparkly clean floors. not sure if floor tiles are the go over in america. but you could polish the floor boards/shampoo carpets

maybe invest in a skipping rope or even some work out dvds. check out your local video store and hire them. that way if you really like any of them you could go out and buy your own.

keep up the good work guys
Old 08-22-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Housework(out)

Originally Posted by evalee24
today i got a outdoor broom and some grout cleaner and i scrubed the tiles through out my whole house. that was my work out for the day. basically i got fit plus have sparkly clean floors. not sure if floor tiles are the go over in america. but you could polish the floor boards/shampoo carpets

maybe invest in a skipping rope or even some work out dvds. check out your local video store and hire them. that way if you really like any of them you could go out and buy your own.

keep up the good work guys
Great Ideas Evalee! I always go into slug-mode when I think about doing my floors and housework. Mental block - denial - who knows why. Now you have opened my eyes to possibilities - to see housework as a 'workout'. Just yesterday I was looking at my kitchen floor and thinking, I need to get down there and scrub that floor. Only got to the thinking stage. Today, I plan on doing it!
Thanks for the motivation
Carren
Old 08-27-2010, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default 59 pounds to lose here!

Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind if I join. I've been on and off Fitday for about a year or so, but this is my first forum post, and a fresh start for myself.

I grew up chubby and lost 25 pounds when I was 17. I began gaining weight when I turned 20 and quit my waitressing job for a desk job. Add 10 years and 2 pregnancies, and I am where I am now... I am 30 years old, 5'2" tall and 196 pounds as of this past Monday.

I feel terrible all of the time (joint pain plus stomach and intestinal issues). I am also anemic and have mild fatty liver disease. My GI doc told me I need to lose weight while it's still reversible, and it was the push I needed to get me going again. My new life started fresh on Monday this week. I have not officially weighed myself since Day One. I plan to weigh every Monday morning.

According to Fitday, I need to lose 59.4 pounds to be in the healthy range for my height (136 pounds). My ultimate weight goal will be about 125 pounds, (a 71 pound total loss) but we'll see how I feel in my skin as I keep losing. My first mini-goal is to lose 25 pounds by my birthday in December. I hope to meet it!

I am counting calories and logging everything in FitDay. I am also trying to stay active throughout the day (taking the kids to the park, cooking and cleaning more), despite my joint pain. I plan to start the gym slowly, hopefully be going tonight. I cannot take pain meds if I overdo it (due to stomach issues) so I am rather nervous to begin. I currently shoot for about 1500 calories per day and it seems to be working pretty well. I am also drinking less Diet Coke and drinking more water.

Oh, also, how do you get a "permanent" signature here? I am electronically-challenged!

Elle

Start Weight: 196 on 8/23/10
Current Weight: --
Last Week's Loss: --
Total Weight Loss: --
Old 08-29-2010, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Hope you don't mind me cutting in. Like Icseidl, I'd like to join this party to. I have 50-60 pounds to loose. I'm on a diet that's not really low carb, just no bad carbs and I'm working out. I really need to do this so I thought I'd hop on here and check out a support forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.