Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 08-29-2010, 06:31 PM
FitDay Member

Smile New Here!

Hello Ladies! I hope you don't mind me joining in! I started out on my weight loss in July with a 50 lbs weight loss goal, but now I am needing to get down about 40 lbs to meet my goal. I managed to lose a little over 8 lbs in July. So, I don't quite fit in the 30 lbs weight loss.

I remembered how I had joined a forum on ivillage 10 years ago for ladies looking to lose weight, and I had managed to reach my goal then. The ladies there were really motivating, and we had developed a fabulous reward system to reach out daily goals for water intake, exercise, and daily nutrition.

Unfortunatly for the past 2 years I put back on all that weight plus some additional pounds. So disappointed in myself after working so hard. So, here I am, ready to get it all back off! If I could do it once, I can do it again, Right?!

I'm 30 and have lived in Ankara, Turkey for almost 2 years, mother of 2 girls. So where is everyone from, and what do you do to help meet your goal?
Old 08-29-2010, 07:27 PM
FitDay Member

[deleted]

Last edited by Angelstation; 10-07-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Angelstation
Hello everyone. Haven't been on Fitday for long at all. I have been meaning to lose weight for ages now. Since I moved to the USA from Australia over 10 years ago, the weight has been going up and up and up. I'm aiming to get back to my "Aussie" weight of 75 kgs (around 165lbs) from my current weight of over 100kgs (224lbs)

Was diagnosed with pre-diabetes last week, (just a fraction of a margin away from being clinically diagnosed as diabetic) so that was great motivation for me to start really looking after myself.

I'm 5'11" so I don't really look that overweight, but my goodness do I FEEL It !
With my new diet, I already feel better. Nice reading some of the success stories here, very inspiring!

Paula
Hi, Paula.
You and I are about the same start weight and the same goal weight. Let's motivate each other!

Hope every one is having a good Monday.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Elle,

I have some arthritis in my knees, but I walk about 3 5K's per week. My recommendation is to get ice packs and have them ready for when you get home from the gym. About 20 minutes should help some of those joints!

I just started my millionth diet. So I decided it wasn't going to be a diet but a life style change. I am 57 and do not want to go into my 60's fat. If find that I can handle most of it well at work as long as I preplan. My problem seems to be the evenings when I get home and we don't eat for any 1.5 - 2 hours. I need to get some quick snacks that will break that hunger. And some self control to only eat only one serving at a time would also help!

I have about 50 pounds to lose so it will be a journey. We'll see how it goes! I do like this website. I have tried 3 or 4 different ones and this one really has the most bells and whistles. It also loads quicker so that is good to. It should be a tool to help, not a part time job.

That's it for now. I will touch base next week and see if my fat butt is any smaller!
Old 08-31-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

[deleted]

Last edited by Angelstation; 10-07-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default how to get a permanent signature...

Originally Posted by lcseidl
Oh, also, how do you get a "permanent" signature here? I am electronically-challenged!
Go to the top of the forum page to the "quick Links" tab. Click on edit signature....
That's one thing fitday is missing - help using it. It took me a while to figure it out too.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default love to join you

Hi everyone,
I have about 40 pounds to lose first, do you mind if I join in? I have steadily gained weight since I graduated from highschool - really.
I want to get healthy so that I can feel good, so I can take care of my family, and so I can be a good role model for my children. I lost about 35 pounds last year. I felt better than I had in years. But, I gained it back and a little more when my husband returned from Afghanistan. So, I know I can lose it. I thought I had really established new habits, but I wasn't as prepared for the changes in my life as I thought I was. Anyway, I really hope to strengthen myself and make new habits that will stick.
I love all of your inspiration and motivation. thanks!
G
Old 09-01-2010, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having a hard time losing weight this month to due to family schedules changing and stress. I look at the positive, at least I didn't gain more. My weight chart looks like a roller coaster. This week it is a straight line, so I guess that is good. I have a motto in my family (all boys), "If Mama ain't happy, NOBODY is happy."Yes, I'm a Texas Cowgirl, lol. I set the mood and the pace for the whole family. I have to do what is best for me to be happy and healthy, then I can be the best mom to my boys. It has taken a lot of time to realize this, I'm losing weight for me and my family. Women are remarkable people and we can do anything we put our minds to. We will all make our goals with a little help from friends here.

Alreadydoingit, glad your husband is home safe and sound from Afghanistan. I had a good friend over there for two tours. Tell him thank you for his sacrifice and thank you for YOUR sacrifice. Wish you well on your journey.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alreadydoingit
Go to the top of the forum page to the "quick Links" tab. Click on edit signature....
That's one thing fitday is missing - help using it. It took me a while to figure it out too.
Thank you so much! Now I'll check it out.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Having a "fat" day!

Hello, ladies! Just thought I'd pop in to say "hello". I did pretty well the past week or so eating-wise. But I am back in class again and not sleeping so well (kids have been up!), and taking mega-antihistamines. So, needless to say, I've been pretty down on my energy! I am hoping to still have a loss this week, but I haven't been very active.

Trying to remain positive in that I am still eating well and am overall healthy! And working toward my nursing degree (chemistry anyone?). I just wish I could hit the gym or do some heavy housework. Maybe later today or tomorrow... there's always that!

And thanks for the tip on ice after the gym, when I finally make it back in, I will try it for sure.

Hope you all have a great rest of the week. Kudos on everyone's hard work!

Elle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.