Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

So sorry, Bestcapri! I did not even notice your little post sandwiched in there... please forgive an innocent oversight?

Of course a big welcome to the forum and major congratulations for losing 15 pounds in 15 days! That's amazing! How did you do it? I myself had a really slow start but I think my ulcer and disrupted sleeping patterns were interfering. Anyway, I am really impressed that you lost 15 pounds so quickly!

Hope you don't stay mad because you will definitely find lots of great support and advice here so stick around and have a great day!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks

I came here to remove my comment before anyone saw it - and OH NO! it was read... (looks sheepish) Well, anyway Rose - thank you and I feel better now. 15 lbs in 14 days? I'm sure at least three are from the water pill I was prescribed to help with the high blood pressure. The rest is a side effect from the other medication I was prescribed, very diminished appetite. Trouble is I can't depend on that and am facing the ole school burn more calories than I take in. Unless one is ill, or has surgery there is no other way.
Rose, thanks for your nice message.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so glad that you're back, Bestcapri! I believe whole-heartedly in the old school burn more calories than you take in approach. I'm sure that your 15lbs is not all water weight. In any case, it's a pretty motivating start!

I have recently cut out refined sugar. I find when I am totally sugar free, I lose the cravings for it (I am a bit of a sugarholic) so I am enjoying the berries that are in season right now. My other rule is, "If my great grandmother wouldn't recognize it, I won't eat it!" It seems to be working for me... that and the exercise of course.

Best of luck with your week ahead!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:51 PM
FitDay Member

Bestcapri- sorry that my rambling interferred with your entrance into this group I usually am not so chatty but it did feel good to get it all out. Are you following any specific diet? 15 pounds in 14 days is amazing!

Rose, Thank you for the kind words of support. It really does help. I have not been too good about tracking what I have eaten the past few days, but I have been more mindful and have planned out each meal. I am also drinking more water. I appreciate the info on the Wed. weigh in - exactly what I was looking for
Old 08-09-2010, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Greetings sweet ladies

Goodness Momof5, you have nothing to apologize for! I was being a hot head and I sincerely apologize. Thank you both for your kind words of support, I'm honored. I 'spent' 400+ calories on the eliptical today (treadmill hurts my knee A LOT). Ugh, I will need to burn more then 1K a day on that machine if I want to realize the same weight loss I was enjoying the first two weeks.... that major momentum has slowed and even backslid 2.4 lbs. That's what makes it a war and not a battle I guess. I adore that catch phrase Rose - I'm going to adopt it for my mantra too. No specific diet, just portion control. I downloaded a chart that speaks to portion size called 'Right Size Your Portions.' Think small tuna can sized portions for things like starches or milk and yogurt. Cheese is the size of one's thumb, proteins are the size of a deck of cards, etc. Without being too indelicate I hope, I have also purchased a product called Culturelle (drugstores approx $20.00 for 30 capsules), which aides in digestion and elimination. Each capsule has 30 billion probiotics of which 10 billion survive stomach acids to make it to the lower intestines. I can say it has promising results.
I look forward to using all the tools on this site, I've never seen anything like it for tracking meals and figuring out nutritional graphs. I'm impressed - as I am by both of you ladies. Best wishes for the week ahead.

Last edited by bestcapri; 08-09-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Sorry Post Is Long

Welcome Bestcapri and Momof5. Congrats on your weight loss bestcapri I wish I could lose a pound a day.lol. I just killed myself at the gym yesterday with two workouts to try to lose more weight. Momof5, when I read your post I thought it was mine at first. I was in your exact situation 2 years ago. My husband lost his job one week after I left my job. I was getting ulcers from my job and he made a good living, so I quit to be at home with the kids. One week later I lost a good friend to cancer and my husband lost his job. Through the next year my husband got sick, I found out I had tumors on my thyroid and no job for husband. I became a substitute teacher, but that is not a regular job. Well exactly a year later, he found a job (not a good one, now he is stressed all the time), I had surgery to remove my thyroid (no cancer, but virtually no metabolism either), and it took a year to get my levels regulated. I'm still a sub, working a little more than the first year, and slowly losing the weight. I work out at YMCA 3 times a week, which my membership ends at the end of summer, and I have started a really easy workout at home the other days. I watch my carbs because my body just doesnt process them as well now. I keep my calories around 1100-1200 and keep a food journal here. You can get through this, just keep praying your husband finds a job, and when you get stressed exercise a little. Good luck both of you on your journeys.
--------------
Starting weight : 198lbs (6-20-10)
Current weight : 187 lbs (8-10-10)
Mini goal weight: 175 lbs (8-24-10)
GOAL WEIGHT : 120-130 lbs (12-20-10)

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...ml?Owner=zinal
email: [email protected]
Old 08-10-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default Good Morning

Thank you Zinal for your nice words of welcome WoW you and your family have certainly been tested by the sound of it. I do hope that tide changes for you and soon, and when it does you will be in the best of health to enjoy it. 1100 -1200 calories a day is very low indeed, that would be such a challange for me to do - near impossible - but would be very hard to maintain for me, so my hat's off to you! I try to keep it at approx 1500 calories - but some days are more. That's when I know I'll have to burn more on the eliptical. I feel like a hamster sometimes.
Mtlgirl (Rose) - I just reread your post and have to comment... a 5K run in three weeks!?! That's H U G E!!! OMG! You must be SO fit! Wishing you fun during the entire course. I'm so impressed
!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, Zina, I too hope the tide changes for you and your family. I'm sending positive thoughts your way... I truly admire your commitment and strength. Good for you!

Bestcapri, thank you so much for the words of encouragement. You have made my day! I started learning to run back in May when I began the Couch To 5K program, which starts you off small and gradually builds. It took me 11 weeks (instead of 9) to get up to running for 30 minutes straight but I followed the program at my own pace to prevent injuries. I am really excited and nervous about the race. It's a small race for a charity so I'm hoping I won't be the only beginner. I would hate to be the only chubby girl surrounded by a bunch of Lance Armstrongs! Yikes, I am nervous but it will be a big deal for me to have accomplished this goal and it has kept me focused for the past 11 weeks. Who knows maybe one day I'll run a marathon? At the very least this accomplishment has really proven to me that anything is possible! I feel more positive and more motivated than I ever have before!

Have an awesome day, Everyone!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Oh my gosh - I can't believe I've been away for so long. But I'm back and am happy to say I am at 200.3 right now!! Wowzers. I actually started cleaning out my closet because a few of my bottoms were just too big - I've been on the slow and steady weight loss train, and while it does get pretty frustrating, what I have as inspiration is a picture of me at day 1. When I get a little down, I look at that picture and then look in the mirror and know that changes do happen - just gotta put in the time and effort.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back and way to go Hawaiiadobo!! Such a great idea to have pictures as reference. I wish I had thought of that! I may have to get rid of a few bottoms myself! It's a great feeling!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.