Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-29-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzards13, have fun on vacation. It’s not the end of the world if you gain a pound or two while on holiday.

Cassie, sorry to hear that your visit to the doc was such a PITA. My doc normally goes with oral steroids, which are equally bad. Hope you get to feeling better soon. HR totally plays a roll in metabolism. I watched a documentary on hummingbirds, where the scientists were demonstrating how a hummingbird’s body temperature cools as it sleeps to help balance out the fact that they often burn more calories than they can consume. Ever since I’ve been putting too many blankets on my bed, no sense in getting too cold at night and not burning calories. Right?

Mike, I’ve not heard the term “banana sling” before, but a few years ago for Christmas my MIL bought me a “banana hammock”, to keep the bananas fresher longer. Looks much like your pic, works like a charm. LOL. Congrats on making your goal, that’s awesome. I like your shirt, but shouldn’t it read “TSA, Don’t LOOK at my JUNK”? I thought the big issue was the new body scanners. On a more serious note, have you ever been checked for A-fib? DH had something similar happen when he exercised or was tired and it turned out to be a-fib, which looks very different in a healthy guy vs. a less healthy guy.

Hunny, fantastic job on the run. I’m very jealous, my legs and lungs can run, my bladder however is less capable.

Mern, keep us posted on the doctor visit. Oh to be a fly on the wall for that appointment, I’m sure the doc will come away having learned something. If not a new approach medically, then certainly something about good old fashioned moxie eh? I think juju is actually Voodoo terminology? My mother came back from New Orleans using it.

Um, Rose, if you have a second bottle of energy handy, I’d like one as well. Ugh, I’m dragging today. Thanks for missing me, it’s not the same without you here either. I’m sending “big fat drop” vibes your way, you certainly have one coming. Job sounds super cool. If you ever need a costume or prop girl, call me. Seriously I’ve done some really creepy stuff over the years.

Terri welcome back, you’re newfound enthusiasm is inspiring, thanks I need some! You’ve reinforced my instinct on “shopping therapy”, it really can help.

Mommiepretty, welcome aboard and being out of shape is not a huge problem. One of the regulars here, her name is Mern, started off with goals of “doing 5 minutes of the walking DVD”. And she’s worked up from there, now she’s hitting the Y like 3-4 nights a week. It just takes some persistence, also once you get going the exercise gets a little addictive, okay not chocolate ice cream addictive, but you can look forward to it a little anyway. BTW salsa totally counts as a veggie, and it’s a great low-cal salad dressing to boot.

Kumochi, welcome back and congrats on possibly losing while you were on holiday! Whoo hooooo that’s pretty amazing. I totally hear you on the water. I had trouble with that all weekend, and hopefully once I get hydrated, a pound or two of this weight will fall off.

KLLOVESMF, believe me 194.5 is not as bad as it could have been. I let myself creep up to 244.6, and sadly I’m only 5’-2”!!!! You might find that 1,200 calories aren’t quite enough with all that exercise you have in mind, its okay to step back and reassess. I lost quite steadily at 1,500 with a similar amount of exercise.

Canary, LOL on “buy me dinner and drinks first”, I’ve said that exact same thing, but not to airport security. Recently I said it to a small pack of dogs that were licking my legs. I also yelled it at a fish that bit me in the girl parts, my MIL is still laughing over that one. I’m so sorry to hear about the water damage in your basement, stupid hurricane! How deep did the water get? We had a flood in our basement recently, but it was only about 6” deep, we lost a handful of things, none of them precious. Well I guess the bright side of that giant circling cloud of doom is that once you get done sorting out the basement it’s going to be really clean and uncluttered. Still very sad, hopefully you can find a way to replace some of the most precious things, photos and such. Good luck honey, big hugs your way.

Ugh quinn, computer viruses are the WORST!!! We had a “worm” awhile back, I haven’t been using e-mail much ever since. I’ve lost faith in it. Well that and now sometimes we get 3,000+ emails/day. YIKES!

Last edited by almeeker; 08-29-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Amy, banana sling? Do an image search on google for banana hammock then my post (and Ann's) would make sense. I think they checked for a-fib when they did the echo cardiogram. They checked all kind of stuff.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

All the scans come back negative which makes me think that it goes back to last winter when email addys were hacked from about 10 major retailers... mine was one. (It was on CNN.) I think they got mine from my online Walgreens account. Anyway, they couldn't really do much with them except cause headaches. I just get strange emails every once in a while. It doesn't appear to be anything harmful, just annoying. I need this particular account so I'm in the process of changing all of my passwords, etc. again.

It's just enough to make you eat! Oh... and all of my daughter's teachers got a "personal recommendation" from me to buy a particular phone! lol (...and probably a few admissions offices.) I hope they have a good sense of humor!)
Old 08-29-2011, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Tanya, I hear you, girl...it stinks to feel so sick and tired. But this is one of the last times you're going to feel that way, you hear?! You are in the right place; we'll all knock it out together.
Thanks Cassie! I'm going to have to ditch the squats and lunges for now (I think I messed up my foot again this morning! I can't keep hobbling around on an injured foot forever, dangit!! ) I can at least do side leg lifts until my foot heals, even though they won't really work anything but my glutes and inner quads—better than nothing!

I called my local rec center today to find out about membership rates VS daily use fees. Turns out if I want to use the pool to swim laps (good low-impact exercise), I have to pay for full access—WTFrak?!? Any other part of the facility (weight gym, track, aerobics, etc.) has a reduced rate for ONLY that activity, but pool patrons have to shell out to use the entire facility, even if they ONLY want to use the pool?? Fitness facility FAIL! I got the director's name, phone #, and email address so I can (politely) bug him about it. I'm also going to post about it to my neighbourhood FB page, see if anyone else is frustrated about the pricing for pool patrons. But I may end up just forking over the full facility fee anyway—swimming is fantastic exercise, and it's something I enjoy enough to generally stick with it. Several years ago I was actually in really good shape after my doc prescribed swimming 3x/week as part of PT after an auto injury. I wasn't even doing anything intensive, just backstroke (75%) and crawl (25%) at a leisurely pace. In the mean time, my goals for the week still stand

Time for dinner! If I don't check in again with y'all again later, have a lovely evening!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

Had a good day Lots of activity and below 1500 calories. Lizzie -- good luck on the holidays. The important thing is to get right back here when you get home. Too often in the past I have quit because of holidays. I find the support on Fitday and the fact that I'm not on an extreme diet help me. Even when I blow my diet I don't gain the way I would when I'd go off a low carb diet. Mary
Old 08-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
All the scans come back negative which makes me think that it goes back to last winter when email addys were hacked from about 10 major retailers... mine was one. (It was on CNN.) I think they got mine from my online Walgreens account. Anyway, they couldn't really do much with them except cause headaches. I just get strange emails every once in a while. It doesn't appear to be anything harmful, just annoying. I need this particular account so I'm in the process of changing all of my passwords, etc. again.

It's just enough to make you eat! Oh... and all of my daughter's teachers got a "personal recommendation" from me to buy a particular phone! lol (...and probably a few admissions offices.) I hope they have a good sense of humor!)
I'm just glad it wasn't for personal growth products! We have a neighborhood e-mail system and a couple months ago one of my neighbors was "personally recommending" something not appropriate for a family forum! I feel for you. My laptop is still not the same after the virus. It's so frustrating becuse it makes you so angry, and there's really no satisfying place to put that...you can't go give the hacker a piece of your mind.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Um, Rose, if you have a second bottle of energy handy, I’d like one as well. Ugh, I’m dragging today. Thanks for missing me, it’s not the same without you here either. I’m sending “big fat drop” vibes your way, you certainly have one coming. Job sounds super cool. If you ever need a costume or prop girl, call me. Seriously I’ve done some really creepy stuff over the years.
Oh Amy, you are tooooo sweet!

Well I would send you a bottle of energy but I might have run out. I slept really really badly last night. I literally woke up every 90 minutes or so. So annoying! I'm going to have to see my doctor about this when I get back home because this can't go on. I never ever sleep through the night. Ever. I used to sleep so well and now... I am suspicious that this may be the cause of my slowed down metabolism and my insatiable cravings. Right now I feel strong though, like I won't give in to the cravings so hopefully that will keep on going for me to see that "big fat drop" maybe even next week?

That's so cool that you have done costumes. I didn't know that about you, Amy! You are an architect as well right? Wow! I'm super impressed!!! Wouldn't it be hilarious if we did end up working on a project together?
Old 08-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Good morning ladies. Well I'm sitting at the airport kinda disappoint b/c TSA didn't frisk me. j/k
Old 08-29-2011, 10:49 PM
FitDay Member

LOL, Mike, I guess they took your T-shirt to heart, eh?

What time do you arrive in Baltimore? Have a great trip!

This is for the half marathon, right? When do you run?
Old 08-29-2011, 11:00 PM
FitDay Member

Rose, I'll take those kudos you promised me for an all green day! I actually thought of you a few times during the night in fun. I realized AFTER dinner Monday night that I still had a lot of water to get in--like over 40 ounces to go--and just for the discipline (not punishment) I made myself finish it all as a reminder to spread my water more evenly throughout the day. I woke up SIX FREAKIN' TIMES to go to the bathroom during the night, but I'm glad I did finish all my water--just for the sense of accomplishment.

Fish oil and vitamin D YES
Exercise 5 days YES
Calorie limit still 1600 1303
Saturated fat limit 10% calories 10%
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 23.4g
Fiber target 30g per day 35.5g
Cholesterol under 300mg average 163
Vegetables 6-7 servings per day 6
Track protein 91g or 30%
Water 64 oz. YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 1
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day 0

Last edited by Mern; 08-29-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.