Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 09-01-2011, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ann, nice job on the run and the -1 pound! Can I borrow your feet... and back?
As long as you don't mind wearing the 36 D's I have while running...have at it!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Just got back from the doctor for my followup appointment after lab work. She is so supportive of my having reversed my pre-diabetes and greatly reduced my total cholesterol and triglycerides through diet, omega-3 fish oil and exercise over the past three months. She approved of my new strategy (put into effect this past Monday) of adding another serving of veggies, reducing sat fat to 10% of total calories, and increasing fiber another 5g per day. She didn't have any further dietary suggestions. I also asked about upping my Omega-3 fish oil supplement from 2000mg to 3000mg but she approved of 4000mg. (Caution to readers: I read on the Internet that one should not take 4000mg fish oil without doctor approval) And I was TOTALLY thrilled when she said even though my cholesterol, triglycerides and LDL are still high, with my "healthy lifestyle" (she actually used those words. ) they're not high enough that she would prescribe medication for managing them--and that was my whole mission--to control it without medication. So I'm kinda full of myself today.

Wednesday report

and boy, was it hard! Fiber was so high because I used flaxmeal to bring down my running saturated fat total from 11% to the 10% I promised myself so I could have another all green day. I'll learn to achieve that 10% sat fat with only 30g fiber by making better choices throughout the day.

Fish oil and vitamin D YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, DAY OFF, YES
Calorie limit still 1600 1303, 1577, 1337
Saturated fat limit 10% calories 10%, 10%, 10%
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 23.4g, 24.2g, 23.2g
Fiber target 30g per day 35.5g, 32.5g, 48.9
Cholesterol under 300mg average 163, 299, 169
Vegetables 6-7 servings per day 6, 6, 6
Track protein 91g or 30%, 144g or 39%, 115 or 36%
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 1, 1, 2
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day 0, 0, 1

Last edited by Mern; 09-01-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Mike, the pics are fantastic! That one of the seagulls should be in National Geographic!

Ooh, I hope the blisters are healed for the race! Maybe you could run barefoot on a treadmill until this weekend!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - What's the benefit of the fish oil, especially with your high cholesterol? My cholesterol goes up and down as well so wondering if I need to start taking it
Old 09-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunny24
As long as you don't mind wearing the 36 D's I have while running...have at it!!!
I think I'll pass. Knowing my luck by the end of the 13 miles I'd still get blister, and carring those things I'd end up with a bad back AND black eyes. Instead of wearing two bras, the redneck would come out and I'd duck tape them. OUCH!
Old 09-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Oh, Mike, the pics are fantastic! That one of the seagulls should be in National Geographic!

Ooh, I hope the blisters are healed for the race! Maybe you could run barefoot on a treadmill until this weekend!
You have a good memory. I guess you remember how much i hate a treadmill. Oh your post count is almost 666.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

You would be like this Mike...my hubby and my best friend Sam at our friends lake house a few years back.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Mern. makes all the hard work worth while. I'm reading all the posts -- just to hard to keep up. Typing this while waiting for a judge. Mary
Old 09-01-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Ok on a picture kick again but I love this site and found another good one for you Mike.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: Both your math abilities and your determination are inspirations every single day! You GO girl! You have every right to be totally pleased with yourself after that great doc's visit! Walk with swagger!

Ann: Sounds like you have an awesome trip planned!! I've never been to San Fran - I hope you have a lovely time and get some great pictures! I love your four mile run goal and I hope you SLAYED it

quinn: Your week sounds so hectic; hope your Mom is ok! Thinking of you and wishing you energy and strength!

Tanya:
Allergies are rough, but BF seemed to be better on his day off -- hopefully they won't be bad again today when he's back to work! I'm actually with you on breakfast, I HATE taking a long time to make it for some reason - I want it to be ready in 5 minutes. I tend to have a rotating list of things for breakfast -- greek yogurt (maybe with some extra fruit mixed in), an over-easy egg on a thin bagel (I hate scrambled eggs), a bowl of high-fiber cereal, or a bagel with some peanut butter -- these things tend to be my breakfast. Even an omelette feels way too long to me! The only time I don't mind lingering over making breakfast is when I'm making it at 11:00 or so on a weekend It sounds like you've gotten the hang of what works for you though, which is SO important, good for yoU!

Rose: Mad men dress tonight, I promise I try never to break promises!!!

Mike: You beach bum! I'm jealous, it's been years since I had a good day at the beach. The pics you took are absolutely beautiful, thanks so much for sharing!

Wednesday Report Card

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600) M: 1,375 T: 1,456 W: 1,044 (Week Average: 1,291.6)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 3-4 times this week. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times. M: Zumba Beginners Workout T: Day off W: Unplanned day off
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories M: -802 T: -410 W: -819 (Week Total: -2,031)
4) 80 oz. of water daily M: yes T: yes W: yes
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal M: No (dinner) T: No (dinner again!) W: yes!
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week M: 29% T: 29% W: 27% (Week Average 28.5%)
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out M: Lunch Out T: No eating out W: No eating out (Total: 1 Lunch, 0 Dinners)

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes T: yes W: yes
2) Tackle the clothing piles!! M: No T: No W: No, grr
3) Tackle the mending pile M: No T: No W: No, also grr
4) Book tickets to BFF's wedding in October M: No T: No W: No, though I sent in my RSVP

Yesterday was a day of unplanned things happening! I had planned a low-cal day (for me, a "low-cal day" is in the neighborhood od 1,100 - 1,200 cals) with all of my meals and everything, and I was also planning to work out. However, grad student with the broken toe ended up having a ride cancel out on her to take her home (the ride was getting guff from her advisor and had to stay late in the lab). I took her home at about 5:30-ish, got to her apartment and a crazy-wild dog. The girl who has been walking her dog for her was coming very late that night (due to classes), so I decided to walk her dog for her so she didn't have to deal with a wild crazy furball bouncing all over her bad toe. The grad student lives alone and has been making do with hobbling around - but it's no way to live without some help!

Once I got back from taking the dog for a walk, I saw that her apartment could use a little sprucing up, so I did a few minor things - I washed some dishes for her and did vacuuming... things she has a lot of trouble doing on crutches (she was loudly protesting the entire time). I know she also recently had a mouse infestation so I swept up and tried to get rid of some crumbs so the little mice aren't tempted to come back (I don't know if it helped, but it made me feel better). Went out and bought her some Chinese for dinner so she didn't have to cook. Her mother had been there the previous week and left her a bunch of meals in tupperware, but she'd basically run out, so I wanted to make sure she had dinner.

By the time I got home it was 9-ish and I was pretty tired. Since I decided against working out, I made myself a smaller dinner than I'd had planned, showered, etc. and just went to bed. I will *definitely* work out today, but it felt good to be a good samaritan yesterday, so that's okay I'm proud that I was easily able to adjust my eating plan (I basically substituted sides -- we had tilapia for dinner, and I was planning on a rice-and-broccoli casserole thing that I make... instead I just had some steamed broccoli on the side and cut out the rice). I'll need to up my calories too, because I've found out that if I go below 1,200 two days in a row I tend to get really sluggish, headaches, and grumpy.

I stepped on the scale this morning (Aunt Flo is coming so I wanted to get a reading before she arrived) and I FINALLY got a new low. It's not too much - 167.8 - but I saw something below 168 for the first time in a whole month and it made me verrrryy happy! Woohoo!

Here's hoping we all have a great day today! Happy Thursday!

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.