Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-28-2011, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Good Morning!

Ready to start a fresh new week? The slate has been wiped clean and you have a bright new week fill in how ever you chose. Have to fit into that fall wardrobe soon! Are you ready?

My goals remain pretty much the same as they seem to be working. A little slip yesterday, but you just have to be bad once in a while, right?

1. Calories around 1200.
2. Walk daily, weather permitting.
3. 64-96 oz. of water a day.
4. More fruits and veggies; less bread!
5. Grade your food choices for the day... be honest!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in!

1.) Under 1600 calories/day
2.) Drink more water!
3.) Eat more fruits/veggies
Old 08-29-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in. I was rather terrible over the weekend, but in my own defense my nephew got married on Saturday. So there was out-of-town company here starting Thursday night, the last of which are leaving for the airport in an hour. I did alright on Friday, but Saturday was BAD (stayed away from the cake pretty much, but not the open bar)! And Sunday was WORSE (leftovers, beer, pie and ice cream)!

Health Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 (wish me luck)
2. Exercise 7 hours
3. Water 100 oz
4. Deficit 3,500 for the week
5. Keep protein at or above 25%

Non Health Goals:

1. Housework, 30 min/day + 1 load of laundry.
2. Finish BTS shopping.
3. Clean out dressers.
4. Weed garden, get veggies picked.
5. Clean out & organize coupon binder.
6. Pick blueberries and make jam.
7. Pick peaches and make jam.

That's enough. I gotta go, it's time to pick up the kids and get my bro to the airport.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Mike, can you merge threads? There was actually one started by Rose over on "England time" earlier today and I don't want her stuff to get lost!

Morning, everyone! Hope it's going to be a great week!

I'm also leaving goals largely unchanged. As they say, if it ain't broke...

1. Calories capped at 1300.
2. Follow my pie chart rules (a reasonable macro balance, 25 g fiber, healthy fat twice the percentage of sat fat).
3. Sleep at least 7 hours per night.
4. 72 oz. water daily.
5. Exercise 6 times.
6. Do shoulder rehab exercises daily.

I was pretty much all or nothing with goals last week; hopefully this week I can tighten up the ones that fell off the cliff! I did slam through a huge to-do list over the weekend, though, so that feels good.

Finally gave up and called the doctor and am going in today to see if I can shake the last vestiges of this crud...

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-29-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone. Well I was able to run 4 miles yesterday morning...had to stop a walk a few times near the end since I haven't run that much outside lately. But overall, still happy with that. In a week or so, I'll be able to run it non-stop so trying to achieve that goal. I was down another half pound yesterday morning but after the run, we had family over for dinner and had two glasses of wine and more carbs that I think to count. So I didn't even weight myself this morning. Going to hit the gym at lunch and eat healthy all day. So I'll check the scale tomorrow morning and see what the damage is.

Goals for the week:

Workout at gym on lunch - 3 days this week
Run outside - 2 days this week
Have carbs only at breakfast and lunch, not dinner.
Stay within 1200 calories for the day

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!
Old 08-29-2011, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, how is your family on the east coast?

This week's goals a little different pending approval of doctor this coming Thursday, although I don't believe there's anything to which she would object. Made good progress on reducing my triglycerides but have more to go. I'd like to increase my fish oil from 2000mg to 3000 or 4000 with her approval and lower my sat fat. Increasing my fiber and veggies should also help bring down the triglycerides more. I started out today with a breakfast of 3 servings of cooked spinach with two tablespoons of roasted red pepper sauce and a 1/2 cup of coffee so I could use just half the cream I enjoy. And it was a really yummy, satisfying breakfast for me.

Fish oil and vitamin D
Exercise 5 days
Calorie limit still 1600
Saturated fat limit 10% calories (down from avg. of 13%)
Carbs less fiber limit still 25g
Fiber target 30g per day (up from 24.9g average)
Veggies and fruit 6-7 servings per day (that's up, too)

Water 64 oz.
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day

Last edited by Mern; 08-29-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in for today but then I will be AWOL for over two weeks, So my goals are going to cover that period.
1. Eat as healthily as possible, avoiding tempting desserts MOST evenings
2. Limit the alcohol intake, ( I know what I am like on holidays with cocktails, beer and wine)
3. Walk lots and lots
4 . Swim whenever I get the opportunity
5. No snacking between meals, or stopping for a beer.
6. Drink lots of water
7. Try to come home with as small a weight gain as possible.

General
ENJOY MY TRIP.

Cassie. You seem to have found your mojo again

Mern. Continue to enjoy your houseguest, but take a little time for yourself

Mike. Hopefully your back will settle, chronic pain is so draining and it's difficult sometimes to know what treatment path to choose.

Rose. You sound like a human dynamo at the moment, where do you get your energy?
Can you send me a jar of it please.

Will really miss your support over the next few weeks, everybody do well, keep logging and chatting and I'll catch up soon. BFN
Old 08-29-2011, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, enjoy your vacation and just try to keep your indulgences in moderation as often as possible.

Thanks--things are working out really well with live-in granddaughter so far and her being here doesn't cut back on my precious ME time.

Amy, good luck with those 1400 calories. That's tough, but I know you can do it.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Bits and pieces replies here but THIS time I have an excuse--mind is half on this and half on planning the day with 7 year old grandson.

Cassie, in addition to wishing your family on the east coast well, I hope you feel better soon with your shoulder and "crud."

Ann, congrats on your weight loss and exercise!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Morning everyone! Happy Monday.

I feel like I should respond to both this thread and Rose's thread just to be sure, but there are more replies here, so we'll see how it goes!

So I've been AWOL for a couple of weeks while I got my head together; I also had a very good friend visiting for most of last week, and I simply wasn't near a computer. And boy, did her visit invigorate me! I didn't log food while she was here but just kept trying to make good choices. She also took me shopping, getting hair done, the whole 9 yards. I tend towards male friends (and/or tomboys) but this particular friend of mine is pretty girly-girl; getting her perspective on things surprisingly helped me way more than I expected. I feel really re-charged. Clothing shopping also helped a ton -- I even splurged a little on a Mad Men-style dress (60s) that I must say... looks fantastically killer on me. I never thought I would have ever looked good in a pencil skirt, but I was smokin!!

Started logging again on Friday and it seems like I'm doing well.

Good things that happened while I was away:
  • I fit into a size 10 dress at a boutique store I ended up not buying it (too expensive and it didn't hit me right - it made my boobs look weird!) but that was pretty awesome
  • I got a lot of time to breathe and re-evaluate my life and what I want from it
  • I focused really well on work
  • I got Zumba and it is FUN (and I sweat buckets!)
  • I found my zen-happy place

Bad things that happened while I was away:
  • I missed everyone here terribly! I thought about you all every day and was trying to send good vibes/good juju

So I am back and raring to go! I finally stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a couple weeks and to my delight, I am back down to 168.4, which is almost exactly the lowest weight I was before I took my mental/spiritual break (which is what I decided it was!!!) I spent a lot of time yesterday thinking about my goals and this is what I've come up with:

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week (no single day over 1600)
2) Zumba and/or 30DS 3-4 times this week. Extra sparkly stickers if I work out 5 times.
3) Achieve a deficit of at least 5,000 calories
4) 80 oz. of water daily
5) Eat a serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal
6) Average 30% protein on the pie chart for the week
7) No more than 2 lunches and 2 dinners out

Other Life Stuff

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day
2) Tackle the clothing piles!!
3) Tackle the mending pile
4) Book tickets to BFF's wedding in October

I've lessened my deficit goals just a tad from how they were before -- I think that part of my problem before was that I was holding myself to a standard that was more easily reachable when I was bigger; it might be that I blow the goal out of the water (here's hoping!) or find it still too difficult, but for now, I think these are more doable (and I can always re-assess later).

I also want to say a special thanks to those of you that sent me private messages while I was away, asking how I was and rooting for me while I was going through a really rough motivational patch. I was humbled and flattered and I felt very cared for. It meant more to me than I can say, so a big thanks and a big hug to one and all

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.