Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8.29

Old 08-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator

I think banana hammock is hysterical! Must find a way to work that into everyday conversation.

Then again, the 14-year old will have it all over school in no time.

I did not realize HR played a role in metabolism. I have a cardiologist, too. My HR during exercise goes up to a normal degree, but I've had episodes during rest where it has spiked to 170-180. Normal resting for me is 60-65. That hasn't happened for about 3 years, though, thank goodness. Mike, you did awesome in your challenge. Congrats on a job well done.

Tanya, I hear you, girl...it stinks to feel so sick and tired. But this is one of the last times you're going to feel that way, you hear?! You are in the right place; we'll all knock it out together.

Terri, Mary, and almeeker, good to have you both back; looking forward to having your motivational selves this week. Terri, so glad you got a clothes high! Mary, after my fiasco, I am in awe of you, losing on vacation! Almeeker, hope you get a bit of down time with relatives gone...when does school start again??

Mern, the fam's okay; lost some trees but nothing major. Word has not trickled down yet about my relatives on the Outer Banks, but I would have heard if something were terribly wrong. Thank you for checking in! Hope, I'm sorry for your losses. Sad time for a lot of folks. I hope you're able to get cleaned up quickly .

Rose, I have a feeling you'll end up with a big old drop soon...you've been too dedicated the past couple weeks to not have it. Ready to celebrate with you when it does!

KLLOVESMF, welcome. We're kind of wacky but we're friendly...and motivating. Glad to have you along.

Lizzie, glad to hear you will be checking in. I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful trip!

Quinn, somehow I envisioned Jessica Rabbit this morning when I read your post about being bad sometime. Not sure why...but she did have a body to die for .

Ooohhh, so, interesting day. Impromptu Mexican lunch with a coworker, so I'm juggling around that for dinner. Plus a bucket of homemade granola bars (the peanut butter choc chip ones, Quinn) on the counter. I'm clapping my hands over my ears so I can't hear them...the little suckers know my name.

I went to the doc; she didn't find anything (which I why I didn't go before). Discussed various options, got a steroid shot in my butt, scheduled a complete physical for October and came home. Time to get some work done so I'll check in with you lovely folks later!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Now, if the picture of the banana hammock didn't just make you LOL, literally, then you've never heard that term before.
Oh Mike, you little piglet!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Rose, I have a feeling you'll end up with a big old drop soon...you've been too dedicated the past couple weeks to not have it. Ready to celebrate with you when it does!
Thanks Cassie! That means a lot to me! I am looking forward to it.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
OMG, you surely did kill it on the elliptical! I can't do that machine--just not strong or fit enough yet-- but I always go by the stats the machines at the Y give me rather than FitDay. Depends on the settings and design of the machine, so FitDay can give only it's best guess. But FitDay is good for those who don't have an accurate measure of their calorie burn.

Wow, YOU are on fire. Look at all that green in your Monday report. Congrats to ya!

I gotta go fire up the grill--chicken thighs for dinner. Don't know what else--probably salad.
Mern, thanks for the congrats. I am sure I'll be telling you the same thing once you check in at the end of the day. It's 10:30 pm here so I am going to get into bed, read my book a little and then hopefully get a good night's sleep although that is really difficult for me.

I worked really hard on the elliptical, starting at level 6 on the "Random" program and worked my up to level 11. I worked up quite the sweat, let me tell you!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I think banana hammock is hysterical! Must find a way to work that into everyday conversation.
If you can work that in to everyday conversation then you hang around some perverts. Thanks for the compliment.
Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Thanks Cassie! That means a lot to me! I am looking forward to it.
I agree with Cassie. It'll start to fall off soon.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Well that's pretty interesting Mike. Glad you got the ok by the docs but kinda scary.

Now...if every man can fill their hammock like you, all of us ladies would have a smile on our faces!!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Some say it's not the size of the ship but the motion of the ocean. Who knows, I guess that's like a dancing banana vs. a banana chilling in a hammock.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
but you just have to be bad once in a while, right?
I'm not bad I'm just drawn that way... LOL I got the Jessica Rabbit vibe from that comment too Cassie. Only I'm not a cartoon with big jugs, and I was bad, very very bad over the weekend. Now that I'm so much lighter, I'm a very cheap date, can't hold my liquor at all. I was pretty much loopy after the 3rd glass of wine, and they weren't very large glasses either. By the end of the night I'd had I don't know how many (maybe 8-9?) followed by beer. Oh my, Sunday morning was quite grim.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

It's fun to be bad once in a while... it keeps me young!

Well, I'm going to have to start over tomorrow because tonight kind of fell apart on me. I found out that one of my email accounts has been hacked and is sending random emails to everyone on my contact list! This is the account that I've been using for all of the college apps., teacher recommendations, etc!!

So, I'll be spending my night running down a checklist that my son gave me. (He works on computer systems for an engineering firm.)

I was so ticked off that I took down a bunch of chocolate before I even knew it.

Well, back to the scans... where the he** is that pillow???
Old 08-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, those emails that's veins sent are probably viruses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.