Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 06-07-2010, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Today was weigh in and even though I didn't really do well at all this past week, I still lost 1 lb.!!! Whoo hoo. That should be enough to motivate me for this week. Hope everyone is having a great start to the week. Farah, don't beat yourself up, just jump back on the wagon, you can do it. Those scales will be going down, beside you had mother nature working against you, blame her!!!!! LOL
Old 06-07-2010, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

Question New to all this!

Hey group, so I just joined and was hoping to get some direction. I was naturally thin through growing up and now at 26 I realize bad habits catch up with you! I have thankfully quit smoking and am tired of being overweight and unhealthy.

I am 5'9" and weigh 192. Ouch! That hurts to say!

I am not sure what a healthy and reasonable goal weight would be however and I am worried that I am being unrealistic and comparing myself to my 18 year old self and lets face it, that is not going to happen!

Any helpful suggestions to figure out what a good goal would be to start out?

Thanks!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

One to two pounds per week, on average, is a healthy rate to lose weight. So that's roughly 4 to 8 lbs per month. FitDay's weight goal tool is a big help for figuring out how long it'll take, enter your goal weight and when you want to reach it, and it'll tell you how much per week you'd have to lose. If it's too much, you'll get a warning message. There are a lot of BMI calculators you can find online that will tell you what the "healthy" range is for your weight. FitDay will tell you too under the weight tab. The main thing to remember is, this change will take time. Don't think of it as a diet, think of it as a lifestyle change. Small steps will add up over time.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Count me in! I officially started today, with my dr's visit, weigh-in, shot, and meds. 158!!! The most I've ever weighed! From being a teen who ate like a pig and barely weighed 95 lbs. I prayed to weigh 100 lbs.....God answered my prayer...and kept answering it! LOL

My goal is around 120. I didn't get my stuff till 6 pm tonite, so I start tomorrow on my plan. I have tons of nice clothes that I haven't worn in years. I can count on 2 hands the number of outfits that fit me now. I refuse to buy any larger clothes. I'm 45 and have a huge family history of stroke, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, you name it. At least I don't smoke, so that helps. I found this site via my dr's recommendation and I love it. I plan to buy the desktop program next payday.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks! I see what you mean with the calculator. My goals may not have been unrealistic but my time frame was! Goals are set!
Old 06-09-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies. I hope everyone is enjoying the nice weather.

This past week I haven't done much as of excersizing and eatin right. My kids lately, for some strange reason, have been taking up all my time. So much that I have been neglecting myself. I'm kind of finding it hard to get back on track without them all over me saying, mommy I want this, mommy can you color with me, mommy let's watch cartoons, etc. It's hard to say no to them when they look at you with those cute little eyes.

I thought I had everything worked out and didn't think I would need advise but I guess everyone has a set back. Considering school is out I don't want my already hard work go out of proportion. So here it is, any advise on how to balance the kiddies and me. Remember 2 of my kids are disabled so something we can work out easily would be good advise.

I'm being a good mommy but I want to be a healthy mommy too.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dideroch
I started using FitDay back in 2008 while using the StepDiet at the same time. In 10 weeks lost 15 pounds was feeling pretty good, then I plateaued. In August of 08 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and stopped everything. I guess I figured I was going to die and what was the point. Well here it is almost 2 years later and I am still in the mist of my reconstruction but am wanting to begin again on my weight loss journey. I started my 2000 extra steps for my stepdiet yesterday and have been trying to use FitDay as well. I bought the 2.0 and the premium account so I could sync them but am having problems with the sync. Hopefully get that fixed soon.
Needless to say I am 48 yrs old, 5'2" and my weigh in yesterday was 171.4lbs. Now I know alot of this is water as I have a very low tolerance to sodium and just 2 days before my weigh in I was 167, so I know I am retaining water. My first goal on the StepDiet is in 12 weeks and it is 147lbs. After I can maintain that weight and not gain, I will do it for another 12 weeks and hopefully I will be close to 125lbs. I was very tiny when I was younger, 103 when I had my son, and 110 when I had my daughter. In my 30s struggled to stay under 130lbs. Once I hit 40 I have just kept putting on the weight. Plus doing chemo and all that I gained almost 20 lbs since then. So with all that said, I am glad to be a part of your 30 pounds club. I will update on weigh-ins every other week. Good luck everyone and may God bless all of you....
Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Welcome dideroch- ive never been in a situation where ive had to think about losing my life. All i can say is like so many other cancer sufferers and survivors you show strength at such incredible heights. I hope you are well and on your way to recovery. This forum is fantastic and you will get so much support here to help you reach your goal weight. I look forward to reading your posts and im sending lots of best wishes for your health and diet journey.
Originally Posted by vickytoria3112
DIDEROCH,

I'm glad your here today and you sound like a strong woman. I would love to hear your progress as you get your body stronger and healthy again. Keep us posted.

The stepper that you use, is it a regular stepper for excersizing? My son has a pretty good size step stool and I'm so tempted to use it on the rainy days when I can't get out and walk.
Thank you ladies for the welcome. I have been working hard on this but yet at the same time not enough. My daughter is coming home today, and I have just been so preoccupied with that.

Needless to say my weighin for yesterday was 165.6. It has been 3 weeks since I have been trying to do this, and I have lost 5.8 lbs now. Not bad for not trying to terribly bad. I think my worst days are the weekend. Even though I get way more calorie burn on the weekends, I also indulge a little more often, so it kind of evens out.

VICKYTORIA3112, although I have a Tony Little Gazelle I do not have a stair stepper. What I am implying to when I say steps is basically just the steps you take in a day. I am currently at 8800 steps a day, and will finish my 12 weeks at 13,800 steps a day. 8800 steps is equivalent to walking almost 5 miles a day. That seems like a lot but everything that you do as far as exercise counts towards that. Like using my Gazelle for 20 minutes counts for 4,000 steps. Dancing on my dance pad on the computer for 30 minutes also counts for 4,000 steps. Biking, swimming, aerobics ect all count towards steps. You should pick up The Step Diet at your local bookstore and try it out. It comes with a pedometer also, to help you get started. I went to Sports Authority and bought a better one for $30, but it also keeps tab of mins, how fast I walk, how many calories I burn and so forth. The goal is just to get out and move more and cut out 25% of your food. Pretty simple huh, FitDay is an excellent way for me to keep track of all this stuff. I love it. Thanks for asking....
Old 06-09-2010, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Needless to say my weighin for yesterday was 165.6. It has been 3 weeks since I have been trying to do this, and I have lost 5.8 lbs now. Not bad for not trying to terribly bad. I think my worst days are the weekend. Even though I get way more calorie burn on the weekends, I also indulge a little more often, so it kind of evens out.

Congratulations on your weight loss. At the rate that your going you are off to a good start. During the weekends you just need that little push in the right direction. With a little practice and trial and error I think you'll be fine. It's normal to lose 1lb a week (if your looking to keep the weight loss long term) so once again, your on the right track. Just keep it up, your figure will soon thank you.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Great to have you on board dideroch!!! What a true inspiration you are to all of us. We are all here to root for one another and to be a sounding board as well. High five to your strength and determination. I look forward to your posts and to watching your success.

I have so far had a great week and trying my best to just get through week 2 of this, my 4th journey. Hope everyone is having a great week and that everyone is having a OP (on plan) day!!!! Whoot whoot
Old 06-10-2010, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Haven't logged in for a while here...
Just 10 minutes ago I ate a piece of yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Then I grabbed another just to eat the frosting and throw away the cake..and an hour before that I grabbed a piece to eat the frosting and throw away the cake...
I always start so good in the morning ...but when I come back from my afternoon class in the summer, I just give in to everything.
I feel so defeated, it's been probably months since I've excercised, I don't think my scale is right so I don't know how much I weigh at all...I can't buy a new one because I don't have any money (neither does my dad really) and I've been very lackadaisical with my food choices.
This dieting thing is like being on a bungee cord. I'm so close to getting to where I want to go, but then it's harder and I'm pulled back to where I started.
Any advice guys?
I THINK I weigh around 160. And I want to be 130. What's the earliest I can complete that and what are the requirements?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.