Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 04-30-2010, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

congratulations, Farah!! Keep up the great work!
Old 04-30-2010, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vickytoria3112
I've seen quinoa in the whole foods store as well but I have never cooked it or let alone eaten it. Little scared I will cook it wrong and screw up my meal.
Quinoa is very easy to cook - as easy as rice, actually I find rice harder to get just perfect some days. There are plenty of recipes out there for it too. Go to allrecipes.com and you should find some good ones there. I make one from allrecipes called "Quinoa and Black Beans". It's very healthy and delicious too.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by avelina
Quinoa is very easy to cook - as easy as rice, actually I find rice harder to get just perfect some days. There are plenty of recipes out there for it too. Go to allrecipes.com and you should find some good ones there. I make one from allrecipes called "Quinoa and Black Beans". It's very healthy and delicious too.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by farahb7
Good Morning All!!! it's me again! a very happy me!
i weigh in this morning, and yes, i have lost 3 lbs. for me, with my stubborn fat, losing 3 lbs is a great deal! and i have to thank Fitday and you amazing people for it! is it too much if i say I LOVE YOU ALL for your help and support!!!!!!!!
That's awesome. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:18 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats - keep up the good work! You can do it!
Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, sgdrsm!
You'll find, I think, lots of stress/emotional eaters here, so welcome aboard!

Old 05-01-2010, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, farah!!!!
3 lbs is a very big deal!

Old 05-01-2010, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm new to this. I was looking for something to help me stay focused on my goal and I stumbled upon this. So hopefully this helps. My goal is to lose 30lbs. I am currently 230lbs and I carry it well. But everyone could use a little improvement. I love my curves I just want to make them a little more toned. I just had my first child and he is 7months old now. I thought like most first time moms that soon after the baby I would lose the weight. I gained only 10lbs during my pregnancy but lost like 15 pounds during the course of the pregnancy from my original weight. So after the baby I lost another 10lbs due to breast feeding for a while. But we chose to have me be a stay at home mom for our son's first year and all I do all day is eat. Thus I packed on the pounds. But now I'm ready to do something about it. I know you all feel the same way on some level. So hopefully we can do our best to help each other and inturn help ourselves. Good luck to you all! Let's Get It!!
Old 05-03-2010, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Madame Moiselle!

I think you'll find a lot of great support here, so hop right in! I think most of us find the accountability of logging our foods eaten is really helpful - I know I had no idea how much I was eating or how many calories it was (not to mention fat, carbohydrates, etc.) I was not really bothered with how I looked, but it was the fact that I was not feeling well - knees hurt, hard to stand up fro msitting on the floor, etc. - that gave me the clue that I am burdening my body more than I should and that it will be bad for my health in the long run. That's what brought me here, and I've been really helped by the tracking tools here (for food intake and weight progress - I haven't exercised much, shame on me) and the supportive people in the forum!

You can do it! Keep on checking in!

Old 05-04-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi everyone. Been a bad girl, but trying to pick myself up. I have read through everyones comments and I am taking them all in. Going to push myself to lose the 35 lbs. that need to come off. Starting today, I am going to get motivated to eat the right, well-balanced foods, as well as work on my excersising routine. Can't afford a gym, but do have some equipment at home that will help me. Plus, because I was born with 2 legs, I can walk/run. Hope everyone is having a great op (on plan) day. Cheers!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.