7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-23-2011, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
PM sent
Thanks!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I did my walk early this morning but I'm really hungry right now so I'm putting on my shoes and going for a second one... my back is stiff anyway. Better brush my teeth, too... that should help! lol

I will not blow my day... I will not blow my day!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, you're welcome
Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for helping me through a really rough patch tonight, Mike. I have my marching orders and will report back to you tomorrow. I am absolutely positive it's 95% anxiety-based and I will sort it out after some sleep.

1. Stay below 1300 cals/day. 1244, 1305 (close enough)
2. Eat clean. Yes, Yes, except for a frozen yogurt
3. Reasonably balance pie chart. It's perfect today!, Yes
4. Eat 25 g fiber daily, at least. Yes, Yes
5. Exercise 7 times. Weights & stationary bike, Cardio Tennis
6. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes
7. Journal before eating anything that's not a meal. Mostly, Journaled a good bit but not always right before eating
8. Weigh in daily no matter how much it hurts. Yes , yes
9. 72 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes
10. Do shoulder & elbow PT exercises. No, Shoulder, yes; can't find the elbow instructions
11. Get in bed by midnight! No, Yes

12. Call liability insurance re:canceling policy. Yes
13. Complete 4 additional location forms. 1.5
14. Call to have computer fixed. Left message

I just really need for today to be over.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, no problem, I'm glad that I can be of some help. Everything looks good with your goals. I see a lot of blue so it looks like you're still putting up a good fight instead of just throwing in the towel. That's a good way to handle adversity.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Default big news

I did squats today, albeit very light weight. For some reason my middle back feels tight, I'm guessing it's b/c I was trying too hard to keep my back arched and shoulders back. But I feel good. I think I may start doing deadlifts soon, that will be with hardly any weight at all b/c that will put the most stress on my back.

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): no, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient in 6 days (log food for those 6 days):too many, -934
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk 10 miles: 0, 3
6) gallon of water a day: no, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes
9) daily:
fish oil yes, no
vitamin yes, no
floss yes, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (maybe 1), yes (2)
11) 4 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) No (probably 0), yes (4)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days NO (waaaay too much rum cake), nope
Old 08-23-2011, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wowgirl88
Hi guys, I’m back.
".. now I know who I am, I want to be the best Laura I can, and the first step is looking after me... and really hope I didn’t offend anyone with what I’ve shared."
I read your white post, Laura. No offense taken by me. Each of us is different under our own skin. Wishing you continued happiness. One thing I wonder about on your food, though, is something I've heard a lot but don't understand--and that's about buying food. Except for Ramen Noodles which I understand is sort of a staple for college kids, I find that buying healthful food is less expensive than convenience foods or fast foods. But I do also recognize that one has to have the time to cook and do more cooking from scratch in order to save money on foods. Is it the need to buy more ingredients and spices and use the fresh food up in a timely manner (to prevent spoilage) that causes healthful food to be more expensive for some?
Old 08-24-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

I was honestly thoroughly surprised this morning to see my carb count from yesterday. I knew all day I was eating healthful foods and logging them into my food tracker, but I wasn't paying attention to my running carb total. Enjoyed too many made from scratch low carb foods yesterday: homemade low carb veggie soup; not one but two homemade flaxmeal muffins; and homemade baked beans made from low carb black soy beans. And wouldn't you know my three month test for blood sugar is tomorrow. I hope yesterdays carbs will be used up so it doesn't distort my fasting blood sugar at 8AM tomorrow. But at least I know my A1C average blood sugar should show me in the normal blood sugar range.

Exercise 5 days YES, YES
64 oz. water 80, 58
Calorie limit 1600 1368, 1452
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24.5, 38.1
5 servings veggies/fruits per day 6, 5
Saturated fat limit 12% of total calories 12%, 10%
Cholesterol limit 300mg 204, 135
Track protein grams and % 120g or 37%, 103g or 29%
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 2, 2
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniature chocolates per day 0, 3
Vitamin D & Fish oil daily YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 08-24-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I know you'll be fine tomorrow; just have a good, on-point day today with the carbs and look forward to the numbers you'll get; I'm sure they'll show your hard work paying off. I think a one-day blip will wash out in how well you've been doing. Congrats again for tweaking it all without medication .
Old 08-24-2011, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Well, I did my walk early this morning but I'm really hungry right now so I'm putting on my shoes and going for a second one... my back is stiff anyway. Better brush my teeth, too... that should help! lol

I will not blow my day... I will not blow my day!!!!
Made it through the night without caving in. Got on the scale and was pleasantly surprised that I maintained my 4 lb. gain and no more. (I thought that I had added to the damage!)

Have to take mom grocery shopping and to do errands this morning...

Now, where did I put that pillow???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.