Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default I know it's not Monday but I'm starting now

Woke up this morning and decided today was the day. I'm on vacation next week and I'm not going to use that as an excuse ... as there is always a party, event, stress ........ tons of excuses. Blah Blah. Anyhoo -- in exactly 12 weeks I will be 50 years old. I want to look the best I've ever looked so I have some serious work to do. Bye-Bye chardonnay until November 10th!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome cjagta96, any day is a good day to start. Best of luck on your journey, I am heading towards 60 and I too want to look and feel better than I have in years, and I'm on my way. Logging your food and talking on the forums have all really helped me this time, wish I had done this on my way to 50.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
I heard on the radio today that a local farmer was fitting his cows with special little pedometers. Now that threw up lots of mind pictures, herds of cows in leotards doing aerobics or jogging round the fields and I wondered was he trying for leaner beef. Apparently its to check when they are fertile as they moooove (sorry) around more then.

Terri - good to see your name up again. Have a great time with your friend.

Almeeker - Trust me i had a bunch of choice names for my ex and yes I got rid of him many many years ago. He never bothered with his boys or contributed in any way financially and although it was very hard I was kinda glad that he wasn't around but I've often worried that it had a negative effect on my kids. They have never asked about him, in fact my eldest changed his name to my maidename (I had gone back to using it) just before he graduated and got married as he said that my family had given him everything and made him the person he is today so why should he have the name of somone who had never cared. there must be an element of rejection deep down though and that makes me sad that I didn't make better choices. I was very young and stupid now I'm much older but still have the stupid moments, just not so often.
Cows with pedometers eh? Actually unless you're deaf you really don't need to pedometer a cow to tell when she's fertile, it's a bit like having a very large cat in heat. And I hate to say it, but it really doesn't matter the size of the cow, she's still got the legs to wear a leotard. My folks raise cows, they have very dynamic personalities, I know it sounds crazy but it's true. Last summer the parents went on vacation and I was left house/garden/farm sitting. The cows were minutes away from calving, and while mom & dad were gone 3 calves were born. But I didn't need an alarm or anything, when a cow is in labor her whole herd is excited and they run up and down the field mooing and acting strange. Probably a lot like people eh?

Believe me, I hear you on the "young and stupid" chapter of your life. I had one myself and was very fortunate that I ditched that man and he got himself arrested before he could sweet talk me back into being stupid with him again. I still have my stupid moments, but my taste in men became MUCH improved after ditching what's-his-name.

I'm sure that as a mother you have your doubts, but seriously at the end of the day ask yourself if you love your children unconditionally, and did you demonstrate it today? And if the answer is yes and yes, then it was a good day and the more good days in a child's life the better they turn out. I know a lot of people that were raised without a dad, and for the most part they are all great parents, because they know exactly what NOT to do.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card

1. Calories 1,500 M-Th, Sun, 1,800 F-S. 1,500, 1,500, 1,656
2. 100 oz of water. Y,Y,Y
3. 7 hours of exercise for the week. 70 min, 70 min, 70 min (total 3:30)
4. 5 servings of fruits and veggies. Y,Y,Y
5. Calorie deficit 3,500 for the week. -1,040, -1,381, -942 (total -3,363)

Non fitness goals

6. Clean out dressers. No, One down No,
7. 30 minutes of housework daily + 1 load of laundry. Y,Y Ugh NO
8. Keep spending to a minimum. Y&N, Y,Y
9. Create a new sketch for the church project. N,N,N
10. Clean out camper. DONE

I've been sort of a bum today. I've hardly moved since I got that workout done this morning. Sometimes you just have to take a day off.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-18-2011 at 01:59 AM. Reason: forgot about 1.5 Tbls peanut butter I scraped out of the bottom of the jar. Ugh.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Today was orientation, which was pretty good, except for the fact that while all three meals were free, all three meals were crap! I'm not sure where I came in on calories - I don't think I did too too badly, but it's hard to be certain. The main thing was that a lot of it was pre-packaged sugary stuff, and my blood sugar was up in the 300's a good portion of the day, which makes me feel kind of nasty. Anyway, epic fail on the water front and I still haven't done my run, but I'll get around to it. I'm enjoying my apartment, although I have to get used to living alone again (after 4 years of having a roommate.) Mostly things are good, though!

Congrats rubypeanut, on le bebe!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
when a cow is in labor her whole herd is excited and they run up and down the field mooing and acting strange. Probably a lot like people eh?
So should we all put our sneakers on and hit the field when rubypeanut goes into labor?? I can do that, but I draw the line at mooing.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
A Burger King Emergency? LOL. I used to get something similar only it was Taco Bell, at like 6:00am, when of course Taco Bell isn't open. In desperation, DH used to stop at the gas station and heat up frozen burritos in the microwave oven.

And believe me when I say this, swimming isn't that cheap. The suits are $25-50 each and they need at least 2, one for racing, one for drag and probably a third one to match the team. Goggles aren't too bad, but they lose them every where, so you have to buy them a crate full at a time, and the price goes up exponentially if they wear prescription lenses. Swim caps aren't too expensive either, but again they lose them all the time, and the kind that are best for the least drag rip super easily. Then there's the expenses involved in traveling to the away meets, and swimmers eat like mad the minute they are out of the pool, seriously double their normal amount. And last but not least is pool time and private coaching, $400/year for the pool membership and $15-20/hour for private coaching. So swimming isn't quite as expensive as travel hockey, but it's a near thing. And I don't know about you, but the last pair of running shoes I bought set me back $100 and they were on sale, and will have to be replaced next month. Maybe you can steer the little rascals toward ping-pong.

And probably just for thinking you'll have sons, God will send you a daughter just to show you how much more they cost than boys. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to us.
LOL! How about book clubs and math team and sign language club? Bridge club? Our first is a girl so hopefully she won't get involved in "expensive" things like competitive dance or something!
Old 08-17-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
So should we all put our sneakers on and hit the field when rubypeanut goes into labor?? I can do that, but I draw the line at mooing.
OMG that would be so funny. I can totally try to post when I go into labor! Last time I was pretty quick and they say the 2nd is quicker so you shouldn't have to run and act strange too long!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Default Check in:

1. Calories 1200 max. 1187, 1211, 1185
2. Balance pie chart. A-, A-, A
3. 64 oz. water, at least. Yes, Yes, Good gravy, yes!
4. 25 g fiber, at least. 26, 28, 28
5. Log absolutely everything. Yes, Yes, Yes
6. Exercise 7 times. None today, Cardio tennis in AM, walk in PM, Cardio tennis again
7. Use journal to log thoughts/feelings/reasons for eating and assess choices. Not today, Some, Nah, Mike said it was overrated

Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Nah, Mike said it was overrated
Yeah, blam the short bald guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.