Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-21-2011, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I was wondering about perimenopause too with you. What you described is how it started for me.

I haven't been meditating these past days so I just sat today. And found myself so very distractable. I think I need to just find a place of calm and try to let go. The more I try to control or force (or enforce) things, the worse they get.

I also cannot stay on 1200 calories!!! Especially if I do any kind of physical activity: long walks, gym, etc. How do people do it????

Mern, I loved Davy Jones! And I think it's more Rick Springfield's sex addict rep that sort of put me off.

I also love the place of acceptance that you came to, Mern. I think I have come to that place about certain aspects of msyelf; now I have to apply it to other apsects of my life (DD fer instance.)
Old 08-21-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Late 40's are awesome! My mom always told me that 40 would be the best year of my life and I was totally disappointed when it sucked. But now, I love the age that I am! Kids are off on their own, for the most part, I'm not rich, but I'm comfortable, and husband and I have lots of time to do what we want and not what the kids want or what we think we should do. We have no time schedule on weekends or evenings... it's great.

Yesterday, we went to 4 different small, quaint, little artsy towns (the kind kids would hate) and spent a few hours tasting wine at an incredible winery that I've always wanted to visit. The down side is that they also specialize in gourmet foods and I ate my way through the afternoon. (Had to clean my palette, right??) It's been a great weekend but I'm sure the scale will be punishing. I've kind of given up trying to lose until we get back on our fall routine.. just trying to keep the damage minimal.

Keep your head up, Cassie... I'll be joining you Monday to clean up my eating.

Have a great weekend, all!

quinn
Your lifestyle sounds great!!! How old are your kids?

I will hopefully be joining you and Cassie Monday on the "clean up" crew.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, thanks for the list, I have most of those foods in the house, but not all. I'm making a shopping list today, so that gives me some ideas. I think Rick Springfield is sort of yummy too. My DH looks just a little like him, well if Rick Springfield had male pattern baldness that is.

Cassie, I get really lethargic from maintaining too much of a deficit too, and it also makes me really bitc*y. The kids and the DD will both agree with that. At one point in the very beginning of this journey our oldest DD called the DH whispering and asked him to bring home a brownie for the mean mommy. Nice eh? I swear they all gang up on me here.

Hope, so what are you worrying about? Would it help to unload a little? Feel free to PM if you want. My mom's side of the family are worriers, so I get that way about 1/2 the time. Often when it starts I don't even know what I'm worried about, but once I face it and think on it for a little while or discuss it with a friend, I feel better and can deal with the stress more easily. And I'm going to stand by my recommendation to go for a walk. That's a low key workout, but it still helps me to sleep and you don't have to bring on a full sweat if you don't want to. I have a touch of RLS and it really helps that too. Another thing I do when I'm not sleeping is to quit caffeine for a day. It's brutal, but not as bad as sleep deprivation for days on end.

Mike I'm going to join the "get good running equipment" intervention coming at you. I went and bought some really good shoes last fall along with a 4 pack of running socks. I don't run mind you, but I work out and I love to walk, and good shoes and socks make all the difference. I want to say I spent about $35-40 on the pack of socks? I might also suggest that you get some running shorts as well, they keep you from getting blisters in um, other places.

Chibisub, sorry honey but plateaus are just part of the journey, maybe to separate the serious from the posers? Just think of it as a scenic overview, stop take time to get out of the car, snap a couple of photos, look at the map and plan the next part of the trip. 250 calories is quite a lot, you might try it for a couple of days and see if it helps. You might also increase your water, up your protein and increase your workout for those few days to kick it into gear. Good luck honey.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Your lifestyle sounds great!!! How old are your kids?

I will hopefully be joining you and Cassie Monday on the "clean up" crew.
Almost 18 and 28.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, it sound's like you're "between a rock and a hard place" right now. I have no advice to give you as my DD's teenage years were just horrible. One day you'll be able to look at DD and see how well she turned out despite herself and due to the values you have instilled in her. You just can't see from outward appearances those values being put to good use yet--but you will one day. Big hug to ya!

Quinn, your wine tasting venture sounds so fun and relaxing. Hey, if you're doing wine tasting, it's often best when paired with great food. No sense in wasting that rare experience by sticking to a diet--seriously! Fall is just around the corner--until then just trying to keep the damage minimal is a reasonable goal.

Amy, I hope you find something to help speed up your metabolism. Fennel tea was great for me--can use the bulb, seeds, or upper leaves to make the tea as strong as you like it. Very refreshing. Ooh, your DH resembles Rick Springfield! Yeah, that's the descriptive word for him--"yummy."

ChibiSub, Amy/Almeeker really is right--the plateaus are just part of the journey. Happens to all of us. Sometimes we can get off it quickly, sometimes it lasts a month or so. But it will pass. Big hug to ya.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

You guys are so great. I feel so lucky to have this support. What's that song? And breathe...just breathe...gotta do it. To quote I think it was Janis Joplin: god of knots, untie me.

Speaking of tying, I am going to go out and buy good shoes too. My athletic shoes are about two days away fom causing my feet to hurt. Since one of my feet is markedly bigger than the other, it's a pain to find a good fit. Suggestions? I also have to scroll back for the name of those good socks. My sox sux.

Chibisub I feel yoru frustration. Sometimes it feels like you are just stuck. Is there something you can do that has worked for you before? Amy had some good suggestions. Drinking more water really does work to make you feel full. And I find it so hard to do. Silly, right? It's just water. I have it in glasses all over the house. Why not just drink it? I know walking or more cardio sometimes helps shed a few pounds if I also watch the calories. Low carb is a better diet for me health wise but weight wise and for feeling full cereal or whole wheat toast in the moring works better for me than eggs. IDKY. Just does. Can you experiment and see what works for you? Look back on past logs and see the way you ate that seemed to help move that scale. Stick with it! You'll get there!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn Life is too short not to taste good wine. I know we all want to be healthy and not so heavy but sometimes we just have to live a little

Hope. Worry seems to go hand in hand with parent hood no matter how old our kids are but Mern is right, you have given her the tools and the values to make the choices and even if sometimes she makes the wrong choice ultimately what you have taught her will show through. This was how it was for me. I got involved with the wrong guy, got pregnant, married, but when it all went wrong the things that my parents had been trying to tell me all came clear and I ended up taking responsibility for my life and managed pretty well. Hopefully your DD won't have to learn the hard way but if the worst happens the foundations you have given her will definitely help.

After my Monkees phase I became a real rock chick, Hendrix, Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, the Doors. I visited Jim Morrison's grave in Paris recently. I really wanted to run off to San Francisco and be a hippy, so I am so looking forward to visiting the city where Flower Power started.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, this is just a quick check in. Y'all are right, I need to get fitted for shoes. I do have running socks but usually after 10-13 miles I'll get blisters. I guess I need to try to find some good wicken socks or try body glide on my feet. Been busy, busy, busy today. Went back to Lowe's for plants and while I was at it I got a big BBQ grill (that's manly for a short guy with a non-dancing banana, right?) Finally made it back home, now cooking, about to cut the back yard, then head to the gym. Lastly, I need to find time to assemble my grill. Oh wait that was second to last. Lastly, I need to bake my rum cake so I can have it for breakfast! I will try to check back later but don't think that I bailed on y'all today.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-21-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

YUM! Rum Cake! Can you Fed Ex it up here really fast tonight because I have to be back on my food plan in the morning! lol
Old 08-21-2011, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Actually, I'm probably going to do a great deal of damage to one of the bottles of wine that I bought yesterday before I have to count calories again tomorrow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.