Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Today has been a busy day for me. The past few weeks have been kinda crazy. I had a couple that wanted to meet with me today, at 5:30, at my New Orleans office. So I started the day at 9:00am at my Slidell office and ended up finishing at 7:00pm in New Orleans, then I had pool league BACK in Slidell starting at 7:30pm and I haven't had dinner. I had to call my friend to tell him I was going to be late, haul ass back, run in a restaurant, scarf down some chicken, veggies and a salad then hit the road again. It's now 11:00, I'm just getting back home and I smell like smoke. YUCK! So did I walk or workout today? Nope. I guess I shouldn't complain b/c business is really good. I wrote 2 policies today and that puts me at 7 for the week. I think my record is 5 and we're just on Wednesday.

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day):no, yes, yes
2) 3250 calories deficient for the week:+463(oops, went back for more pizza ), -366, -805
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6
5) walk 10 miles with one walk being at least 6 miles: 2.92, 3.0, 0
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no
9) daily:
fish oil yes, yes, yes
vitamin yes, yes, yes
floss yes, yes, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (1), yes (2), yes (2)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) no (1), no(4)
, no(4)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days no, no, no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-17-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Yeah, blam the short bald guy.
You're short?
Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, 5'8" on a good day.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:54 PM
FitDay Member

My goals for this week:

1. Eat between 1200-1500 calories M-F. YES 1464/ YES 1272/YES 1394
2. Stay in control on the weekend.
3. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES/YES
4. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. YES/ YES/YES
5. Exercise 4 times. 1 down!/Another 1 down! (total = 2 workouts)

Well I tried and tried to check in last night and again, I couldn't get into the site. This time I think it was because of the wireless where I am because I couldn't load any pages from any sites.

So I finished work around 7:15 UK time yesterday and was feeling sluggish, hungry and a little tired so I was totally going to blow off going to the gym but then I took a quick peek at our thread here, and read all the supportive words from all of you and well, I went to the gym! I did 55 minutes on the eliptical and burned over 500 calories! YEAH!!!!

Mern, thanks so much for the hug! It really hit the spot and thanks too for the sage advice about sodium nitrates. I am going to watch out for those although I don't eat a lot of processed food but I notice that some of my turkey slices contain sodium nitrate. Definitely something to look out for!

Mike, I did weigh myself at night both times and after the weekend that I had, I am not that surprised. I just had a glimmer of hope since I had been so good for 5 days and then somewhat naughty for 2 days but alas, the numbers didn't come out in my favour. Maybe next week? By the way, nice deficit today.

April, I had no idea you were so into trucks! Do you work with them or something? You sound so macho! Also, thanks for the encouragement! You are so sweet.

Lizzie, I just love what you said to me, "Show those Limeys a clean pair of heels." I can just imagine it in my mind with your charming Irish accent but to be honest, I don't know what it means! Nonetheless I know it's positive so thanks for the encouragement! And way to go for doing your 30 mins at lunch! By the way, I can hear a rowdy bunch outside my window right now in Bristol. They're all laughing it up at the pub 2 doors down. The Brits love their pints!

Terri, I have been where you are too many times to count. Congrats for getting back on track, you'll drop those couple of pounds in no time.

Cassie, you're doing great this week!

Amy, it's true that Europeans are more polite. Where I work, someone knocks on my office door at least 6 times throughout day to ask me if I want tea, or something else to drink!! Can you imagine that in an office in North America?

Last edited by mtlgirl; 08-17-2011 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down A stand still week on the scales, but I'm not getting down.

Rose. I'm glad people are being polite to you, the majority of us do have good manners and especially to visitors. They say that the Northern Irish are fantastically welcoming to strangers, they just can't get on with each other lol. My accent? It's not the lovely lilt they have in the south but it's not the awful flat northern one either, when I was in Texas I was told " never lose that gorgeous accent" so it can't be too bad!
Limeys is an American slang term for the Brits which came from the sailors being given limes to ward off scurvy. If you are out in front or are the best then the ones behind see your heels, why they are clean I don't know

Mike. Great that your work is going so well, my Tuesday's are like your day yesterday and I hate them, too much running around, no time to eat and getting home really late tired and hungry and wanting a glass of wine!!

Almeeker I love and support my children ( adults now) through good and bad and I know they know that. I don't know that I was the greatest mum when they were younger, I was so young myself, was trying to study to get a good job to better our situation, had to work as well. We didn't have much money but I tried to make sure they didn't miss out on trips or things they really wanted or needed but I wonder if their childhood memories are good.

Cassie. Love the analogy of us humans and the cows, now if I have to go into the labour wards I'll be looking at the pacing dads and will only see a herd of cattle milling around.
no movement on scales today. One week to drop those 2 lbs to make my goal. Got to up my game, no social events this weekend so that should help.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Well I am still sick!!! I haven't worked out since last Thursday but will actually hit the gym today at lunch. Good thing I have still been eating fairly well and the scale hasn't moved. But I am so worm out and tired from this cold that I have so it's going to be a challenge today. Still need to read all the posts from this last week but hope you all are doing well. One more day until Friday!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
So should we all put our sneakers on and hit the field when rubypeanut goes into labor?? I can do that, but I draw the line at mooing.

Um... I'll moo!!!

Crazy busy the past couple of days! My life feels like a "Seinfeld" rerun... Doing wash to get daughter ready for 5 days in Chicago. I'll try to check in later. Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!

quinn
Old 08-18-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
So should we all put our sneakers on and hit the field when rubypeanut goes into labor?? I can do that, but I draw the line at mooing.
Are you sure about that? Mooing is very theraputic, it's primal scream + a good belly laugh all rolled into one. More people should moo.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
LOL! How about book clubs and math team and sign language club? Bridge club? Our first is a girl so hopefully she won't get involved in "expensive" things like competitive dance or something!
Competitive dance is cheap compared to gymnastics, good grief gymnastics is $100 a month/child, which is 1/2 the price of dive club, so virtually a bargain. Dance is $35 a month/child + $200 per recital costume. So far the girls aren't old enough for math team, but the battle of the books was fairly cheap, just a few late fines at the library. We do sign language, but it with books, videos and lessons, as far as I know there isn't a club, but if there was you can be sure they would charge a registration fee. You have to be 60+ to join the bridge club that's up at the COA (Commission On Aging).
Old 08-18-2011, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rubypeanut
OMG that would be so funny. I can totally try to post when I go into labor! Last time I was pretty quick and they say the 2nd is quicker so you shouldn't have to run and act strange too long!
I'm in, that would be funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.