Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Well I did run three miles last night outside, only stopping 4 times for about 30 seconds and kept going. So probably averaged a 9.5 min mile. Pretty good considering I haven't ran outside in months. But running on the treadmill this week and last caught me up a little. The bad thing is, I now feel like crap. Not sure if my allergies are in overdrive but my throat is sore, haven't eaten anything all day except a bowl of Special K this morning and back is killing me. Thank God my hubby is leaving work now and will be home in about an hour. Back to bed for this mama! I need to feel better by Monday since I have a training session for work to attend Mon and Tues. Hope you all are doing well and TGIF!! Ann
Old 08-12-2011, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

OK my goals:
1) no more than 1600 calories per day: 1470, 1660, 1173, 1622
2) 64 oz water: 40, 56, 40, 48
3) get more sleep; I could pack to visit Rose in the UK with the bags under my eyes: a bit more, still can't get a full night -stupid mind keeps waking me up, 6 hours or so of coma like sleep from sheer nervous exhaustion, some sleep4) more fruits and especially veg (I like Terri's idea; one with each meal, may try that):yes, yes, no, some not enough
5) write : a bit, mostly just journal stuff, same as yesterday prolly less, yes, eh
6) meditate : No, NO, yes, yes
7) gym or walk 4x this week: at least 2.5 miles, the longest I've done in years, short walk with DH, more like a frigging shuffle than walk I sleptwalked in other words, no, yes short walk
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Super Moderator

If my son's colic had gone on for 9-10 months, I would have to be hospitalized! Four months was long enough! Sounds like he has a very challenging temperament that's shown up in a lot of ways since he was born. It is actually worse if they are bright, because they think they can outwit you, or outlast you, and they often can. A lot of parents feel like they walk on eggshells, and that's hard to do, day in and day out.

Hope. (((Hugs))). I know it is hard to learn about cutting, well, anything your child does that is potentially harmful. If there is a bright side, it's that cutting is a coping skill, not suicidal behavior. Although it's a poor coping skill! But the good news is that it can be replaced by other ways to cope that aren't so dicey. You are exactly right...not your fault, not their fault. I always try to ask which hills I'm willing to die on. If I put my energy into everything, I will definitely become exhausted first! But as a mom, it's also a very, very strong pull to want to protect them from all the bad stuff. The button pushing thing is hysterical from a little one...but probably not as funny metaphorically in the here and now.

Just make sure y'all take care of yourselves in the process! Maybe we need a teenager thread...didn't we have one a while back in another section?

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-12-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Just make sure y'all take care of yourselves in the process! Maybe we need a teenager thread...didn't we have one a while back in another section?
I probably started one ranting about them, you know how I get.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, April & Cassie. *You all sound like really great mothers trying their best to protect and support your kids. *When I was going through a difficult time and blaming myself for everything that had gone wrong in my life a friend, who also happened to be a clinical psychologist, told me that most of us make the best decisions we can based on the info we have at that time and that is as much as we can truly do without a crystal ball or the ability to read minds. *

*Terri. * Great going on the loss despite all the dramas and temptations

Mern. *Thinking of you and your daughter, *sending you big hugs.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Hope, April & Cassie. *You all sound like really great mothers trying their best to protect and support your kids. *When I was going through a difficult time and blaming myself for everything that had gone wrong in my life a friend, who also happened to be a clinical psychologist, told me that most of us make the best decisions we can based on the info we have at that time and that is as much as we can truly do without a crystal ball or the ability to read minds. *

*Terri. * Great going on the loss despite all the dramas and temptations

Mern. *Thinking of you and your daughter, *sending you big hugs.
Yeah, those clinical psychologists. Always thinking they know everything .

I absolutely LOVE hearing from the moms here with grown kids...so much perspective, and if they made it through, so will the rest of us! And the other moms' comments really help in feeling like I'm not the only one who has these situations/thoughts/feelings.

Seriously, nobody gives you a manual when you have your baby. You do the best you can with what you've got and IMO as long as your intentions are good, communication is there, you use common sense, and you're willing to admit when you've screwed up, you've done pretty darned good.

Actually, this brings to mind a good set of spin-off threads...venting about kids, the best advice you got from your parents (and the worst!), what you say that sounds like your mother that you swore you never would...oh, the list goes on and on!

I'm too sick to exercise and eating like dreck, so obviously I'm posting about anything but health and fitness . Sorry if I hijacked!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I probably started one ranting about them, you know how I get.
No, how do you get, lol???
Old 08-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

This damn phone! Grrrr
Old 08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Just got back from my walk and I'm beat! Had a totally hellish day... everything that could go wrong, did go wrong and then my husband, mom and daughter all called on me to fix what was going wrong with their day... lost car keys, dead car battery, no hot water...ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then, after all of that, I helped with the cooking for a party of 60 for tomorrow. (Do you know how gross potato salad for 60 looks... it's like a mayo heart attack waiting to happen! )

I want an unlisted number far, far away...

If I can get in on the child rearing thing... I've said this before, but my first was "hard to harness" from birth; colicky for 6 months, terrible twos ran through his fourth birthday, etc., etc., etc. I literally cried in the shower every day until he was 4. In high school, he was the "class clown" (great grades, but never brought a book home, never completed an assigned project, etc.) I got at least one call a month from the principal. He never shut up and he never sat down until he was 25. My BP was in the 235 range when he was 15 and starting to drive and I was nearly hospitalized for it. He was horribly moody and had an unpredictable temper.

My daughter was the opposite; smiley baby, rarely cried as a toddler, even if she got hurt and loved her naps. And she's still the same today; calm, level headed, studious and great to have around in emergencies. So, from my experience, what you get as a child, is what you get as a teenager. She'll be 18 in October and my husband and I can only recall twice that she has ever raised her voice to us.

My son now has a great job at an engineering firm and a wonderful wife, so there is hope. I'm just glad he lives with her now and not me! lol

This Week's Goals:

* Drink 100 oz. of water a day. 64, 80, 88, over 100, 72
* 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. 3,3,3,3,1
* 1200 calories, max. 1297, not telling, 1198, 1064, 1069
* Walk 3 miles a day. 2, 0, 4, close to 5, 4
* Get BMI back under 20 by the weekend. unchanged

Last edited by quinnesec; 08-12-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

wow Quinn, that sounds like the day from hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.