Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-12-2011, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie,
Congrats on seeing the scale move in the right direction! Your signature is looking pretty darn impressive!

Cassie,
Sounds like your getting hit with everything at once. The first few days of his freshman year will be hard and challenging, but that's ok. Remind him to keep his head up, that his locker will open and that there will be an awesome seat in the lunch room just waiting for him. (If that doesn't work, remind him that there will be hot upperclassmen to keep him occupied... just kidding. )

Well, I scored a zero for the week... no weight loss (or gain) and not very strict about my food choices. On a positive note, I walked and walked and walked last night... close to 5 miles. Then had an enjoyable, long chat with a neighbor on my way home... and a few glasses of wine... Overall, I broke even, I guess. Have to figure out where my dedication and focus went...

This Week's Goals:

* Drink 100 oz. of water a day. 64, 80, 88, over 100
* 3-4 fruits and veggies daily. 3,3,3,3
* 1200 calories, max. 1297, not telling, 1198, 1064
* Walk 3 miles a day. 2, 0, 4, close to 5
* Get BMI back under 20 by the weekend. unchanged
Old 08-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Freudian slip, no doubt.
No, more like typo. Y'all thought mytsie went on a killing spree? Ha.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
First of all, I have not been eating oatmeal cookies, Mister! I have oatmeal for breakfast. There is a huge difference. Secondly, while I love a friendly wager (and this one is getting pretty intense ) I have no scale where I am so I can't weigh in first thing in the morning, I'll have to go to the gym and it won't be in the morning but I can still participate right? I hope people don't think I'm nuts taking a picture of the scale at the gym!
That's fine. I just know that weight can fluctuate during the day. Just try to keep it as accurate (don't with with shoes the first time, and without after that).
Old 08-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Lizzie: I do want to post some pictures, maybe it will make me keep up with it!! I'll get something up this weekend I bet. Sorry to hear you're coming down with a cold too! I hope you get good rest and a speedy recovery.

Rose: I knew you would kill it - home is where you are, lady. Good for you on your exercise! I did okay on the girls' night. Thursday was a different story entirely, ugh!

Mern: It's so funny to hear about the different traditions for the senior pictures.

Mike and Rose:
I love your wager and I'm rooting for you both! I wish I had logged in yesterday or I might have signed up too

I wish I could comment more, but BIG HUGS to everyone since I need to run out the door!!!!

Wednesday and Thursday Report Card

1) 6000-7000 calorie deficit for the week M: -886 T: -517 W: -517 Th: +35 (Week Total: -1,885)
2) Average of 1200-1400 calories for the week. No single day over 1,500 calories M: 1,157 T: 1,351 W: 1,351 (yes, the exact same number! Th: 1,903 (Week Average: 1,440.5)
3) Exercise 3-4 times this week M: yes, 30DS, Level 2 T: No W: No Th: No
4) Eat a fruit or vegetable serving with every meal M: No (breakfast) T: yes (I am counting a baked potato as a veggie. Just a starchy one) W: yes Th: no
5) Daily multivitamin M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
6) Cals over 1,100 on Saturday and Sunday M-F: N/A
7) Report/read this thread every day, including weekends!!! M: yes! T: yes W: yes Th: fail
8) 96 oz. of water daily M: yes T: No (64) W: no (80) Th: yes

9) Clean/vacuum out car M: no T: No W: No Th: No
10) Donate laundry bags full of fat clothes M: No T: No W: No Th: No
11) Balance August budget M: A little T: A little more W: Done! Th-Sun: N/A

Quick, quick recap:

1) I have to take a friend with a broken foot to the hospital, so I am out the door. I will add reds and greens later

2) Girls' night went very well, I ended up able to eat a cupcake!

3) Thursday was a mess. BF and I got in a huge fight over a BIG issue that's been festering between us, our cable and internet went out, and we discovered a paper wasp colony living in our roof. Between a lab party (3 people's b-days), the fighting, extra hours, and people in our apartment, I had two meals out and my calories were ballooned. However, BF and I made up and the one crazy day is not going to slow me down. IN FACT. Even after the big day my scale said 168.2 this morning, which is a .5 lb. loss from Tuesday! HAHA! I'll take it and run!

Happy Friday!

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 08-12-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

miverso3, sorry I missed your entry into our group. Welcome.

Mai, thank you so much for your support during my stressful time. I'm sure it will pass eventually. Yes, I'll just have to keep repeating (or screaming) that to myself: "Supportive is a good thing."

Lizzie, I can totally empathize with you. Sometimes being a mother is almost to sorrowful to bear. Big hug to you. Congrats on that pound lost. Way to go!

Hope, thanks for rooting for my family to make it through our hard times. Much appreciated. I'm rooting for you for peace of mind as well. Wow, I so admire your courage to be pro-active in dealing with your fears. That shows real strength of character! So glad Ginger is safe at home.

Rose, thanks for your kind words as well. Thanks for the positive thoughts. Glad to know your food and water is pretty standard for your weigh in days and times since you can't weigh at home first thing in the morning.

Cassie, wishing you a speedy recovery. Wishing you and your son all the best as he enters high school. I know you have to anticipate potential social incidents, but sometimes things work out that the kids in school are very accepting of others who are different or have some catching up to do. My 15 year old granddaughter has an eye muscle defect and although she had surgery, it's quite noticeable as the eyelid is hiked up like a teepee. Plus she has one blue eye and one green eye. She and her mom feared that she'd be made fun of, but she's quite accepted and has many friends. Didn't have even one encounter with a student making fun of her. Might work out the same for your son.

April, sorry 'bout the friction between you and your son. Yeah, when my daughter was a teenager, she and I had very few good days--and yeah, I was the worst mother in the world, too, according to her. Now she has the same rules for her own teenagers. LOL One day your son will tell you how right you were. You have my compassion and I'm rooting for the hard times to pass. It's hard sometimes, but hang in there and keep on doing what you know is right.

Quinn, congrats on maintaining. Beats the heck out of gaining.

Mike, I love your sense of humor. How's your back?

Last edited by Mern; 08-12-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, congrats on the weight loss and congrats on you and BF being able to smooth things out. I hope your other problems are resolved quickly. Best wishes to your friend with the broken foot.

I'm waiting for my daughter to call me back to see if she was able to get a doctor's appointment to which I can drive her. She discovered severe tenderness and a series of lumps in her pelvic area last night and is so scared she was fighting back the tears as I drove her to work--couldn't talk her into staying home today. She's still on crutches from her foot injury and now this.

It's just one thing after another, but I'm trying to keep positive thoughts.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, it's not too late. We start on Monday.

Mern, My back is much better, thanks.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I like that expression to do something each day that scares you. I may change it to once a month for me, daily would wear me out! Trying to do something new each month is hard enough. Mary
I agree!

Last edited by canary52; 08-12-2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, Mern & Cassie (and everyone else too)

Thank you guys so much for being there to listen to me vent earlier. He is a tough one to handle. Had been since he was born. He had colic...supposed to last only three months but his lasted more like 9-10 months. Spent sleeping on the recliner with him because that is the only way he slept. Couldn't leave with anybody because all he did was cry. And not a spoiled kind of cry, just that he was so needy and things had to be perfect. He has trouble in school with his maturity level. He gets angry very easily and loves to push buttons to see how far he can get without really getting into trouble. He gets in school suspensions 2-3 times a year but so far not expulsion. Notice that is a SO FAR.

Sometimes it is just so hard to see the good through the frustration. I know the feeling of thinking that I am pushing him away. I can talk to my older son forever about all different things. He is MUCH more mature than the 14 months older than him that he is. The younger one only wants to talk about video games and I can only do that for so long. So then I feel bad because my mind wanders or I don't pay attention.

Just thank you all for being here to listen!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Some kids are just tough right from the start. It sounds like you have had your hands full from the word go. 9-10 months of colic is enoguh to drive any aprent nuts with with frayed nerves and lack of sleep.

My daughter was also difficult starting with a breech birth and continuing with a child who was overly reactive, often moody and mostly miserable, no matter what we did to please her. We called her "the emotional roller coaster." And it was not always a fun ride.

The thing is its is not their fault; it is not our fault. I don't think that they want to be the way they are; they can't seem to help it. I know my daughter would like to change; she has said so. Who really wants to be angry and miserable all the time even tho it does sometimes seem purposely wilfull. And we parents of these "special" children do the best we can. I know I have said that DH and I have been too concerned about making her happy, too wrapped up in her emotions, that we spoiled her. But the truth is she's a challenge, even to herself. It's tough to see them suffer and man they make us suffer with them. But you know maybe they do have gifts or special qualities. Do you see any in your son?

It sounds like despite everything, you have a good thing going with both sons. One might be easier but I can see you are trying with the other too. Keep fighting the good fight.

When my daugther was little, she pretended she had a panel in the backseat of our car that she was poking with her finger. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I am pushing Mommy's buttons: here is the sad one, here is the angry one, here is the happy one..." and she's still got her fingers on those buttons!!!

Last edited by canary52; 08-12-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.