Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

I agree with Mern, Mai. We'll see you bright and early in the morning for a new round of goals and motivation!

Mern, funny you should mention Dinty Moore and my son's favorite food in the same post! I chuckled at the story about your MIL! She sounds like a very special lady; you hit the jackpot. I think I would've had to ask, years later, why she did that...my curiosity would've eventually gotten the better of me .

No, Dinty Moore's not his favorite, but once upon a time it was. He began refusing baby food at ten months. He was in daycare part time then, so they just started feeding him little bites of whatever they cooked for the older kids. His favorites were Dinty Moore (gag), Beefaroni (ack), meatloaf, and Nutrigrain bars. He has always been a meat kid, but he wouldn't touch Dinty Moore or Beefaroni now if his life depended on it (at least he has developed some taste).

His favorite dinner is a sirloin tip roast that I do with a spicy rub of olive oil, paprika, oregano, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, black pepper, kosher salt, and olive oil. I did mashed potatoes for the guys tonight, too. It's a quasi-special occasion dinner, but with this being the last night before the start of his freshman year tomorrow, I thought it would be good.

I'm worried about tomorrow...his anxiety is contagious! Going to try to keep busy, but I'll be watching the clock from about 2 PM on. I always bake cookies the first day; I'm sifting through recipes right now trying to pick one .

I am looking forward to tomorrow, though, to be a new start for me. I really have goofed it up these past couple weeks between vacation and being sick. I did take a walk with DH tonight but I didn't jog it as I usually do...still having the coughing jags.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Sorry for the ramble...I'm procrastinating putting away laundry .
Old 08-14-2011, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
I feel sick right now. Ate too much at dinner. My cals out of whack.

Do you binged before a serious diet? For example, I tell myself that I will be very serious with my cals next week. As something inside me urged me to eat otherwise I would have no junk for a long while. So I binged. Weird? I know.
Mai
No, very common. It is a reaction to a feeling or fear of deprivation. I do it all the time. But every day is anew beginning.

Cassie good luck with the first day. Crossing fingers. That steak sounded great.

Last edited by canary52; 08-14-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

OK my goals:
1) no more than 1600 calories per day: 1470, 1660, 1173, 1622,2153, stopped counting at a gazillion, 1511
2) 64 oz water: 40, 56, 40, 48,40, 64, 64
3) get more sleep; I could pack to visit Rose in the UK with the bags under my eyes: a bit more, still can't get a full night -stupid mind keeps waking me up, 6 hours or so of coma like sleep from sheer nervous exhaustion, some sleep4) more fruits and especially veg (I like Terri's idea; one with each meal, may try that):yes, yes, no, some not enough,YES, NOT ENOUGH SLEEP CAN YOU SAY STOOPID FROM EXHAUSTION?, not enough sleep...brain cannot function....
5) write : a bit, mostly just journal stuff, same as yesterday prolly less, yes, eh,yes;yes but much journalling, not enough serious writing..too tired...cannot focus...
6) meditate : No, NO, yes, yes,no, no, YES
7) gym or walk 4x this week: at least 2.5 miles, the longest I've done in years, short walk with DH, more like a frigging shuffle than walk I sleptwalked in other words, no, yes short walk,gym, no, are you kidding? I feel too tired to breathe, never mind move...
Old 08-14-2011, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

I don't know how "motivational" this is - but I have decided to plan my meals the day before (for the most part) so that I don't go over my limits. I enter them into the food journal, and being new this has helped me tremendously.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Kind of fell off the radar over the weekend and off the wagon a little too. Stayed over with a girlfriend after a night out and then had to catch up with chores and visits and finally work that should have been finished on Friday! Hope all goes well with everyone's Monday, whatever you are doing. Will catch up later and put up my goals, this will have to be a "must do better" week.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Rose, we definitely missed you, but no need to apologize! I'm glad you were off having fun. I am doing damage control starting tomorrow; you are not alone. Although mine was more like two weeks as opposed to two days.
Cassie, thanks, I'm really touched. I had such an amazing weekend and I ate so many delicious, brand new dishes and treats but I don't really feel that guilty because it's not like I binged on a box of cookies. When I do that, I feel much worse. I am looking forward to both of our fresh new starts this morning!

Originally Posted by canary52
I loved Bath! Rose, did you enjoy it?
Hope, Bath is just stunning! I couldn't take my eyes off all gorgeous all that Georgian architecture, and the hot springs are magnificent. The whole town looks like it is straight out of a Jane Austen novel. We toured quickly though, so I will have to go back. One of my coworkers had me over for dinner and went to so much trouble to make a special dessert, that I couldn't say no. She talked about how she had worked on it for 2 days. It was delicious but I could have skipped that!

Originally Posted by Mern
Rose, it's great that you're getting to tour England some.

"sort of didn't really..." "kind of went off the rails" LOL We understand, sweetie. Golly it must be terribly hard right off the bat. I'm guessing you may have to alter your diet some according to the availability of what you're used to eating.

I hope you can catch up on your sleep. Don't be concerned about catching up with all the posts--it's hard enough for anyone to keep up, even if we're not traveling the world.

Big hug to ya!
Thanks Mern! This whole experience is quite surreal. I can hardly believe that I am here! Big hug right back atcha!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): no, yes, yes (I guess??), yes, yes, yes, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: +175, -483, (0??), -1174, -749, -645, -850 (-3726)
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk 10 miles: 4.01, 3.0, no, 3.0, 0, .88, 3.0 (13.89)
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, no, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) work out 2 times: no, yes, no, yes, no, no, yes (3 days)
9) daily:
vitamin yes, yes, (Doctor says no for 24 hrs. wft?), no, yes, yes, yes
floss yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (2, unless a Butterfinger Blast counts as nuts). yes (2), yes (2), yes(2), yes (0), yes (2), yes (2)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) NOPE (maybe one with the veggies on my sammich, but I doubt it), yes (5), no (0), yes (5), yes (6), yes (5), no (2)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days no, no, no, yes, yes, no, no (2 days)
Old 08-15-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1. log, Log, LOG! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 500 calorie deficit +581, -727, -1408, -986, -535, -1384, -316 (week total -4775)
3. 80oz water daily Yes, Yes, Yes!, Yes, Yes, Yes, no
4. only one diet soda daily Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes,. Yes, Yes, Yes

Finished the week off eating way to much for dinner, but I was so excited for this dinner. We picked our first batch of green peppers and I stuffed them for dinner. Then I ate 2-1/2 of them! I still had a deficit if not what I was looking for.

I steadily lost weight all last week! To the point that today when I weighed I was down 2.2 lbs since last Monday. Woohoo! That also takes my total loss to 45lbs. I am going to try for all it's worth to get to 50 for my 6 month mark but since that is this Sunday coming I don't think I will get that. I will be happy for even 1 more pound though. I have learned that every pound counts not just the 5's and 10's!

Rose...your weekend touring sounds absolutely divine. I would also feel the same way. It isn't like you sat down and ate a pack of oreos. You were just living life and experiencing so many new things all at once.

Mai...I hope that you are able to get back on track. We are all pulling for you.

Cassie...I hope the first day of school went well. Fresh baked cookies on the first day! Awww I wish I would be home when my boys got there, I would love to do that for them.

Sorry to those that I left out but I didn't take notes while reading today. Heading over to the new thread to post some goals!