Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
That is funny, and really true...and funny also that I read it the first time and didn't even notice. Must be more familiar with loopy-speak than I thought .

Hope you're feeling back to normal now, Mike.
Thanks. Are you familiar with it b/c of us, or you patients?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

1. Eat 1200 cals/ day 1500, 1800, 1700
2. Water 64 oz/ day y y y
3. 3 times work out 1 1 1
4. Vegi 5 serving a day Y Y Y

I didn't do very well on my cals.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lastri
1. Eat 1200 cals/ day 1500, 1800, 1700
2. Water 64 oz/ day y y y
3. 3 times work out 1 1 1
4. Vegi 5 serving a day Y Y Y

I didn't do very well on my cals.
Good job on your goals! 3 workouts in a row, wooowhoo!
Old 08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

I was crunching some numbers (b/c that's what I do), and this is what I've come up with for my 5 week challenge. When I said that I didn't want to weigh more than 169, I meant 169.0.

My scale measures in increments of .2. My official weigh in has been on Monday. If I tip the scale the Monday following week 5, August 28th at 169.2 then I didn't make it.

As of this Monday I was 2.8 pounds away. We all know the closer you get to a goal, the harder it is, so I'm shooting for:

This week (week 3): -1.2
Next week (week 4): -1
Weeks: -.6

So what should I do, if I don't make it. I'm not painting my toes or putting on a dress, so don't ask.

To make it interesting I think that someone should step up and bet against me and make a friendly little wager. The drugs must have worn off.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-10-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 03:08 PM
FitDay Member

Well I worked out Sat-Tues and I was planning to run tonight but I am just so tired from this work week. So will be running a few miles tomorrow night to make up for it. I have been sticking with my diet and am down another pound. So still happy with the progress that I have made so far in a little under two weeks. Now time for me to go to sleep! Ann
Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks. Are you familiar with it b/c of us, or you patients?
Actually, most folks on here are very well-spoken, so I'm guessing either patients...or relatives !

Interesting wager thought, there. If I had the guts to step on the scale after vacation, I'd probably take you up on it. At this point, I have no idea where I am, much less what to shoot for.

So I guess putting on a dress and painting your nails and going into the men's locker room is out, huh?

Better day today. Still didn't log but calories were low, fiber was fair, pie chart a bit skewed toward carbs but I'm trying to give myself a break when sick. I slept a glorious nine hours last night, too! Can't remember the last time that happened.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-10-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Actually, most folks on here are very well-spoken, so I'm guessing either patients...or relatives !

Interesting wager thought, there. If I had the guts to step on the scale after vacation, I'd probably take you up on it. At this point, I have no idea where I am, much less what to shoot for.

So I guess putting on a dress and painting your nails and going into the men's locker room is out, huh?

Better day today. Still didn't log but calories were low, fiber was fair, pie chart a bit skewed toward carbs but I'm trying to give myself a break when sick. I slept a glorious nine hours last night, too! Can't remember the last time that happened.
Oh, I wasn't saying my loss versus someone elses. I was thinking that someone should bet that I couldn't do it and if I don't then I'd have to do something (maybe for another weekly goal, like no meat for a day, etc) but if I'm able to pull it off then I'd have them do something. The bet wouldn't have to be goal related, I just thought it would be fun. Obviously the wager would have to be something within reason. Just as I'm limited with my injury, I wouldn't expect you to do a bunch of pullups or Mern to go high carb... y'all know what I mean.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Oh and yes, pedi + dress does not equal mens locker room. Besides I'm sure y'all would want proof of whatever I'm supposed to do and taking pics in the mens room would not be a good idea.

So who's it gonna be?

Amy, are you in? I know I was never able to push you in to sign up for a race.

I would say that the next person to post should step up but I'm afraid that this thread would die.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-10-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default It's going to have to be me.

Well it's 7am here in the UK so I guess I am the next person to post. Now I have to come up with a wager for Mike. Okay Mikey, I bet you one Meat-free Monday and one more Mytsie video that you cannot make that goal. Do you want to be a vegetarian for a day? I don't think so! You better get to work, Buddy!

Cassie, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Amy, you are really genuinely so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Mern, I hope the tomato canning went well! I'd like some please. Can you come to England?

Last edited by mtlgirl; 08-10-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Well it's 7am here in the UK so I guess I am the next person to post. Now I have to come up with a wager for Mike. Okay Mikey, I bet you one Meat-free Monday and one more Mytsie video that you cannot make that goal. Do you want to be a vegetarian for a day? I don't think so! You better get to work, Buddy!

Cassie, I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Amy, you are really genuinely so funny. Thanks for the laugh.

Mern, I hope the tomato canning went well! I'd like some please. Can you come to England?
I was thinking that I would regret mentioning the meat free thing. I can do that. If not Aug. 29, it'll have to be some time after I get back from Vabeach. You threw in an extra one I see, so now we have 2 challenges. That a deal, if you can do 2 yourself. How about one gallon of water Monday, and floss every day for a week? Deal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.