Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 08-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Well I was just told that I can't take my fish oil from now until after my next epidural, on the 10th. It looks like I'll miss that goal... and that was the easiest one.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, so sorry you couldn't get your client out. Congrats on the muffin control. Hope you enjoy/enjoyed the rest of your birthday!

Mike, congrats on less jiggle! That's a good indicator you're doing well! What does the fish oil do to jeopardize the effects of the epidural?

Lizzie, my turkey chili tastes delicious to me. My DH is just spoiled, but it's flattering that he loves my ground beef chili. LOL Sometimes there are things that must come before exercise. Enjoy your break from it. Like my doctor says, you don't need to compete with anyone on weight loss, health issue goals or exercise, nor do you have to go by ideal goals you find in books, programs or on the Internet. As long as you're doing better than you used to, that's fantastic.

April and Terri, thanks for your encouragement on my save.

April, way to go on your goals yesterday, even on the water! Man, I CANNOT do well at a Chinese buffet at all. I go nuts on the lo mein noodles and on the sesame chicken which has a lot of sugar. That algae scooping has got to be a good workout.

Terri, in my book it doesn't matter if maintaining is just luck or not as long as you're doing it. Give yourself credit, too, that it's more likely the habit of good food choices and portion control. You and April are so funny--she putting her 72 oz. of water in red and you putting your 80 in red. I proudly wave my green flag at 64 oz. LOL Ah, that was you who posted about eating a veggie or fruit with every meal. This morning as I was eating brussels sprouts at breakfast, I couldn't remember who said that. Thanks for the great idea! Doing that also gives me less net carb allotment to "spend" on less nutritious foods later in the day. LOL on the fried veggies. I occasionally eat fried food that's breaded in pork rinds and I use olive oil to fry stuff in. Don't know if your diet can handle that or not. But it looks like you're doing really well because of controlling your portions. Onion rings and French fries are veggies. LOL Taking that trip to the grocery store together was a great idea. Great lunch you packed! And making your own turkey meatballs and marinara...good for you!

Last edited by Mern; 08-03-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Terrific being here

Well, after reading all the work folks on this list are doing I decided I could add reading the 7 Day MT Forum to my Activities log. Now, let's see how many calories can I count for virtual exercise?

Seriously, everyone, you are so great. It's a delight reading about what each person is doing to stay/become healthy. I do hope swatting mosquitos is counted as an activity—especially clouds of mosquitos. Certainly cleaning a pool of algae is exercise, whether one is sweating or not. Great, too, hearing the food stories and the creation of homemade dishes. Wow, I empathized with the Muffin story. I popped into Starbucks the other late afternoon for coffee. Except for an early morning banana, I hadn't eaten all day so almost opted for a Classic Glazed Donut. It looked scrumptious. Luckily, though, Starbucks had the calorie sign—over 400!—right at my eye level. I couldn't fool myself into thinking it wasn't all that much. So stuck to the coffee. Temptations abound, though, don't they?

So far sticking to goals to: log foods, weigh daily, and get moving. Did lots of gardening, mowing, and weed-whacking yesterday and today. (It's not anywhere near 107° here.)

Oh, a special shout out to Mike. Don't worry about the fish oil. Better to follow docs orders and get back to the capsules when it's o.k. And, birthday greetings to Mary, and great that you represented your client on your birthday. Sorry for the outcome, though. Kudos to all. Thanks for being there.

Sawyer
Old 08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, They told me that it has a similar effect as asprin on the body. Maybe it thins your blood, I don't know.

Sawyer, I'll trade you some of this heat any day! I think around 10pm the heat index should drop below 100, so I'll go walking then. Good job on sticking to your goals!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Well even though I was not able to work out today...I was able to stick to my diet of 1200 calories and not go over. Plus playing at the park and running after my almost 2 year old daughter has to count for some exercise right?? Hitting the gym on my lunch break tomorrow and plan on running outside at least once this weekend. Thank god it's under 90 degrees for once in weeks!

Glad to see everyone is doing well today and Happy Hump Day!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday Mary!

Hope your day has been great, in spite things not going how you wanted with your client. Hopefully the weather allowed you to golf!
Old 08-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

grrrrr. I'm still at the office. I don't know if I'll have time to walk today.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Sawyer, I love your sense of humor. I've got skinny eyes from reading and skinny fingers from replying to all the posts from this yacky group, but the rest of my bod is a different story. LOL Great job on sticking to your goals so far and on doing all that yardwork. Wonderful exercise! Wow, you did great at Starbucks, too. Doughnuts are sooooooooo hard for me to resist. Glazed and chocolate glazed are among my favorites.

Mike, I didn't know that about fish oil. Well, at least my BLOOD is thin. Aw, sorry you're stuck at the office so late and may not get to walk. But tomorrow is another day--may be good for your back to HAVE to skip a day of walking.

Ann, congrats on sticking to your 1200 calorie limit! And, whew, playing and running after a 2 year old at the park is a LOT of exercise! Great that you have the gym and run planned to end the week! I have a family reunion picnic this Sunday and it's supposed to be in the low 90's in temp--don't know what the heat index will drive it up to. BUT low 90's is COOL compared to what it HAS been here lately. I HATE the heat and Ohio is so humid! But there's a shelter there with electricity and I don't care if people tease me, I'm taking an electric oscilating fan with me!

Going to lunch tomorrow with a friend, but I am confident I'll be able to stick to my goals--doing too well to risk blowing it now. When I go out to eat, I tote my own homemade salad dressing that I know fits into my diet.

Last edited by Mern; 08-03-2011 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mern,

I'm going to try to walk later but I already very deficient so I'm going to have to eat before I do. Bad problem to have, right?
Old 08-03-2011, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Golf and dinner were great. Chose the poached salmon so my calorie count for the day is pretty good. A little higher than I like but a drink on my birthday was warranted. Negative 500 for the day. We took a cart for golfing so my exercise for the day is a little low. Didn't make the Y but it's on tomorrows list.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. It's great to be feeling this good at 65. Mary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.