Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 08-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mary: Sorry to hear about your client But good job on the muffin! I'm glad your birthday was a success!

Mern: LOL. I must admit I *am* happy if I get at least my 64 oz. of water. I'm strict, too, I don't count it as "water" if I drink a cup of tea or something. I try for 96, and that's my goal, so if I don't hit it, nasty red text for me! I only get truly upset, though, if I get less than 64. I'm glad you like the fruit and veggie goal! I find that it's seeming to be the easiest way to remind me to EAT my fruits and veggies, since if I say "five servings" I tend to go "Oh, I'll eat a lot with dinner" and then just forget entirely. Eating something with every meal at least guarantees that I get a good chunk of my 5 servings every day, even if I don't quite make it. I got 4 servings yesterday, I think. Close! Haha, BF insists that he only uses peanut oil to fry in. It's delicious! And French fries totally are vegetables!

The meatballs came out great - I put a little too much garlic in the marinara, but it was edible and BF and I like garlic, so it ended up getting pretty well eaten. I'll do better next time!

Any chance on getting that salad dressing recipe?

Sawyer and quinn: I am jealous of your weather! It hit 113 degrees here in FL today -- Poor BF, who works on cars with no air conditioning, looked positively wilted by the time he got home.

Ann: Chasing after children is GREAT exercise! Sounds like you and your daughter had fun!

Amy: Man, I hear you on the potlucks, and I haven't even dealt with parents' groups yet. My family is a big fan of potlucks, and they tend to go something like "Slow cooker full of dumplings and cheese and meat... slow cooker full of noodles.... Plate with big hunks of meat... pizza... some kind of thing that looks like it's made out of sugar and chocolate and fluff...." as you walk around the room. Though I don't know WHEN McDonald's apparently became in-vogue for potlucks!! Psh! Sometimes I wonder if the following generations will know how to cook at all. Considering how I was raised, it's a distinct possibility...!

Wednesday Report Card

1) Deficit of between 4,000-5,000 calories by Sunday T: -384 W: -639 (Total: -1,023)
2) 96 oz. water daily T: no (80) W: no (64)
3) Multivitamin every day T: yes W: yes
4) Exercise (anything, just move!) twice this week. Bonus points if I go to the gym. T: No (knee) W: No (knee)
5) Log everything (this habit has sadly slipped) T: yes, though a couple things were a guesstimate W: yes
6) Make an effort on my appearance every day T: somewhat W: yes
7) Eat at least one fruit or vegetable serving with every meal T: No (breakfast) W: yes
8) Get rid of my fat clothes!! T-F: Weekend goal, looking forward to it!

I didn't get to eat my salad as planned yesterday since co-workers invited me out to lunch, but I *did* manage to eat healthy while we were out (A bowl of rice, chicken, black beans, lettuce and a little cheese with pico de gallo! Yum!) and kept the portion under control - took leftovers home, they'll probably be dinner tonight! So my calories were a LITTLE higher than expected but I still did good, and better yet, I *felt* good.

I think my knee is all-better today, so I can't use that excuse for not working out. The heat is also absolutely OPPRESSIVE right now in FL, but that's *still* no excuse. I can work out indoors, or, if I want a gold star, I can walk the 3 minutes to the gym on my apartment complex and not melt (I think, haha!). I really do want to get to the gym since I work out better when I get there, lost in my own little world with music pumping. I think 30 minutes on the elliptical will ease me back in the right way.

Happy Thursday all!

~Terri
Old 08-04-2011, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

I get more than my 5 a day by cutting up a huge plate of colorful fruits every morning for breakfast. I weigh them with my food scale and add the calories into fit day. I had strawberries, blackberries, cherries, and a peach this morning for breakfast. Then later on I had some grape tomatoes for a snack. Tomorrow I'll probably have some black grapes and a couple of granny smith apples. I'm almost out of fruit which means I need to go back to the store!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday Report Card

Health/Fitness Goals:
1. log, Log, LOG! Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 500 calorie per day deficit 987, 518, 462 (1967 total)
3. Exercise 30 min x 5 times yes, yes, yes
4. 80oz or more water daily 84oz,72oz92oz

Life Goals
1. File home paperwork Done!
2. Do water testing on fish tank Done!
3. Spend quality time daily with hubby No,Yes, Yes
4. Go through kids clothes No, No, No (oldest did his own though)

Mary...Good job on that muffin! That is hard to do!

Mike...That sucks to get stuck at work. Maybe something is telling you to take it a bit easy on your body though.

Terri...Good for you eating healthy while out for dinner! And leftovers for tonight are great too!

I know I am still missing a lot of you LOL ... you all are a chatty bunch!!

Today is a good day. Very busy at work but that is how I like it. I brought my salad for lunch like every day....BUT a customer just showed up here with 4 cuts (square ones) of pizza and told me it is for my lunch. I am going to eat one and put the other three in the fridge to take home to my guys tonight. That way I won't have to lie when he asks if I liked his pizza

I lifted weights this morning for 10 minutes, then did a dumb-bell, strengthening workout that lasted almost 30 minutes and tonight I have another 20-30 minutes of algae scooping planned.

Yesterday was a little rough. We had a very delicious wild mushroom ravioli in alfredo sauce with grilled chicken and while it wasn't unhealthy the amount I ate kind of was! And then I had four cookies in the evening with a glass of 1% milk. I still had a deficit though, not the 500 that I wanted. I will take it!

Keep up the hard work all you "losers"!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rubystars
I get more than my 5 a day by cutting up a huge plate of colorful fruits every morning for breakfast. I weigh them with my food scale and add the calories into fit day. I had strawberries, blackberries, cherries, and a peach this morning for breakfast. Then later on I had some grape tomatoes for a snack. Tomorrow I'll probably have some black grapes and a couple of granny smith apples. I'm almost out of fruit which means I need to go back to the store!
Rubystars, sounds delicious! Good for you!

I wish I could eat that much fruit in the morning, but I tend to get intestinal problems when I eat a lot of fruit -- especially early in the morning. My stomach in general is very sensitive right when I wake up, so I rotate among "safe" breakfasts, lol, so I don't end up potentially putting out fires at work

Spacing it out works better for me in terms of my stomach, but man oh man, do I wish I could front-load it like that! And I wish I could just eat whole tomatoes like that, but the texture of them is weird to me

I'm working on making sure I get them in at lunch and for snacks, since later on in the day is better. I also have MOUNDS of frozen veggies I keep buying but not eating (since BF doesn't like them) and they ARE going in my mouth with supper now!
Old 08-04-2011, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

I thought I was the only one who didn't like whole tomatoes. I love cut up tomatoes but not whole ones like cherry or grape. They are too much seed & juice I think.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Oh ok Well It is best to have something with each meal too I think that helps spread out the antioxidant benefits throughout the day.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

I had time only to skim the posts. I'm canning tomatoes right now and am just taking a break waiting for the processing to be over. Found that comical after tonight's poo-poo of them by Terri and April. LOL

Terri, these are the two most used dressings at my house.

Paprika, EVOO, Balsamic Salad Dressing (Mern's fave)
great on spinach salad with diced chicken

Makes a little over two tablespoons dressing

Whisk together:

1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 teaspoon paprika
artificial sweetener to taste (optional)

Nutrition counts per tablespoon

Calories 70.5
Total fat 7.15g
sat fat 1g
poly fat 1.1g
mono fat 5g
total carbs 1.6g
fiber .4g
net carbs 1.2g
protein .15g

__________________________________________________ __________

This is one my DH makes and eats:

Lime Dressing
Ingredients:
•2 T lime juice (from a bottle is fine)
•1 t water
•1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 packet artificial sweetener

Put in bottle, shake.

Last edited by Mern; 08-04-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy, glad Larry, the Cable Guy arrived! The kids are so lucky to have you coaching at the swim club. I don't know why banquets are that way, either, with the bad food. Our family reunion pot luck picnic is like that, too. It's all homemade carbs and fat plus KFC chicken and even take-out pizza and McDonald's chicken nuggets, except that usually someone does bring a fruit tray. One time someone brought a ham. I always take two healthful dishes that I can make a meal out of with the addition of low carb fruit, in case I can't find something else.
Sadly the cable guy was not Larry, but Jimmy who's a tall skinny white guy with a carrot colored buzz cut and a grimy T-shirt, no sense of humor that I could see either. And guess what? Ended up I'm the one that fixed the cable. Imagine that.

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy, isn't it odd how moms desperately need ME time and then miss the kids terribly when they DO get it? I really missed my grandkids when they were on vacation for just 10 days. Was so glad the teenagers have cell phones so I could keep in touch. I hope you can find a way to really enjoy your ME time and get back on track at the same time. Big hug to ya--now see if you can go do something fun and "ME" today.
You are so right, I fantasize about ME time on a daily basis, I planned, I schemed, I worked a logistical obstacle course and paid a small fortune to get this time off, and how do I spend my ME time? Missing the children and cleaning out the house. No spa treatments or sun bathing or anything. Just the occasional quiet sniffle and a dumpster so full the lid won't shut. Tonight I'm also a business trip widow, DH is in TX. So what am I doing? Chatting on a diet web-site. It's a bit pathetic really. Back in the old days when I really was childless and single, my friends and I used to go to the bar for $1/pitchers on Thursday nights. We were all hoping to find someone nice to settle down with, buy a house and have a few kids. Oh man were we young and stupid LOL!

My girl scouts come home from camp tomorrow. Then it will be back to insane around here until school starts, which will put me in to double insanity. You would think having them in school would make for some quiet time around here, and it does. Except that the quiet time is busted up with the chaotic morning rush and the crazy after school schedules.

Last edited by almeeker; 08-04-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Wenesday & Thursday Report

Health & Fitness Goals

1. Calories 1,500 max. 2,632, 1,499, 2,315 pot luck, 1,424
2. Water 96 oz min. Y,Y,Y,Y
3. Exercise 6 hours for the week. 0 min, 0 min, 0 min, 0 min
4. Calorie deficit 3,500. +664, -511, +362, -727 (total -212)

Other

5. Shovel out house. Living room + part of kitchen, living room + some kitchen + dining room, kitchen, front porch, DD's bedroom

Last edited by almeeker; 08-04-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Well I woke this morning thinking that is was a good day for a cheat. First thing this morning was 2 donuts (or is it doughnuts???), anyway... That was about it. I really wasn't feeling it today, so here I am at just 1620 calories.

I just went and got some new "running" shoes and was going to put some miles on them today, but my PITA is back. Well I guess I had a good 3 weeks or so with no pain. I will not go out like a punk though, I may not be able to keep up with Quinn but I WILL get in my 10 miles before the week is up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.