Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-06-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

I had a lot of empathy for the lady, Cassie. I spend a lot of time looking for stuff on a daily basis--in my own house because I can't remember where I put stuff. LOL

I'll bet Mike gave his Mom a few gray hairs, too. I'd love to hear some tales of that.

Mike, what did you get for your daughter? I always found graduation gifts hard to decide on--I got my daughter a way nicer land line phone for her bedroom for her high school graduation in 1995. I think we just gave her money for college graduation.

I'm going to bed. Will talk to y'all tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

Friday report: wow, I really have to step up my exercise and remove that bag of sugar free candy from the bedroom where I watch TV before I go to sleep.

Calorie limit 1600 1527, 1598, 1393, 1474, close-1620
Calorie restriction at least 1037 952, 1097, 1086, 1114, 859

Carbs less fiber limit 25g 30.4-over by a low carb flaxmeal
muffin and NM peanut butter,
23.1, 20.2, 20.4, close-26

Protein target 120g 106.5, 107, 91.2 127.7, 92.6

Really watch the sodium this week NO, NO YES YES NO

Limit one artificial sweetener packet per day 0, 1, 1, 1, 0
Limit one piece sugar free candy per day 2 1, 1, 1, 4

64 oz. water YES YES YES YES YES

1/2 hour exercise NO YES NO, 15 minutes--stamina poor but I honestly gave it my best shot, NO--did so lousy this week on committment to exercise that I honestly just plain FORGOT!

Stock up on low carb veggies DONE
Look for some new low carb veggie blends or recipes DID BOTH

Last edited by Mern; 05-07-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: haha! I get made fun of a lot because I say things like "criminetly," "hooey," "frickin'" or "frackin'," and "diddly squat." I can swear (and I certainly do) but most of the time I choose not to. I don't know why. Something about the nature of those words makes me feel both in control and can even elicit a giggle in some situations. I particularly love criminetly My grandfather said it all the time when I was growing up and it just stuck. Also, that is an excellent warm fuzzy, thank you for sharing! I admit I've gotten veeeerrryyy used to keeping myself to myself out in public (I think New York did it to me!) but I'm glad that you gave some sunshine into that lady's life!

Mike: Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! I hope it's a great day for you - I've only ever been on one side of that equation but I bet it's even better to be a parent and watch!

Cassie: I wish I got something as nice as a phone for my graduations. I guess they must be hard gifts to decide on - I got a $20 gift card for one, and for my Ph.D. graduation my parents got me a shirt that says "There's a doctor in the house!!!!" lol. Then again, they got me a TV as an apartment-warming present, sooooo... I guess it all evens out in the end!

Friday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week M: -437 T: -529 W: -1,384 Th: -571 F: -1,801 (Week Total: -4,722)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Day off (back pain) T: 10 minutes stat. bike, then stopped due to back pain W: 45 minutes HIIT elliptical Th: Day off F: 1 hour HIIT elliptical (Weekly Average: 4,722)
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 20% T: 28% W: 31% Th: 23% F: 33% (Weekly Average: 27%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 38% T: 43% W: 36% Th: 40% F: 44% (Weekly Average: 40%)
5) Protein powder after every workout in a smoothie M: N/A T: N/A W: Forgot! Th: N/A F: yes
6) At least 104 oz. water daily M: I think so T: yes W: no (96) Th: yes F: yes
7) Report here each and every day M-F: Day after
8) Eat out/take out no more than twice for lunch and once for dinner M: Pizza lunch, restaurant dinner T: No takeout W: No takeout Th: Pizza for lunch...again. So sick of pizza. F: No takeout (Total 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner)

Other Life Stuff:
1) Handle stress directly and appropriately M: No real stress T: Yes W: Yes Th: Yes F: I kicked it's rear!
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes x 2! T: Yes W: Hair and makeup, but not so much clothing... Th: Meh F: yes
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours M: No T: 2 hours W: No Th: No F: No (Total 2 hours)
4) "Smile more, bitch less" M: All smiles! T: Yes, I was very zen yesterday W: Had a bit of a bitchy evening... Th: Totally F: Yes!!
5) Try two new recipes M-F: Probably this weekend

What could have been a stressful day was not, as I had one of those rare days where you kick the butt of every problem that comes your way and take-no-prisoners. Also, I was very pleased to find out that a credit card bill I thought I was going to finish this month with a final $200 payment I actually paid LAST month (I don't even remember deciding to pay the bill off...) so I feel like I ended up with $200 in my pocket! Yay!

I'm gonna do my darndest to check in all weekend, though Sundays tend to be difficult for me since they are "date days" and I'm usually not near a computer. BF and I are totally going to play disc golf this Sunday. I need some sun on my pasty skin!!

~Terri
Old 05-07-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend so far!

Terri, when you figure out what you did to get your equipment zenning for you, let me know. I need to use it on some household appliances! I think you're doing awesomely well. Your 5000 deficit, let alone a 7000 one, blows me away. Keep up the good work!

Quinn, any special plans for Mother's Day? Did your Father's Day dilemma get worked out? Hope you are enjoying some good weather this weekend.

Mern, I spend a lot of time looking for things, too...but usually not MY things. Enough said . I live with two ADHD'ers and it's always an adventure! Will you be with your kids and grands tomorrow?

Hope all goes smoothly today, Mike. Post a pic if you think about it. Gotta see that proud, beaming dad look .

Since I didn't check in last night:

1. Calories 250 deficient per day (adjust after weigh-in on Wed. if necessary). Yes, Yes, Yes, Nooo, Yes
2. Balance macros, fiber, and ratio of good:bad fats. Yes, Yes, Yes (short one fruit/veggie today, though), Nooo, Yes
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No, No, No, No, No
4. Drink at least two big blue bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nooo, Yes

5. Pay attention to posture. Yes, Yes, Fair, Fair, Fair
6. Smile more, bitch less (it's contagious ). Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Halfway
7. Be more diligent about skin care (sunscreen, yes, but there's more I should be doing). Yes, Yes, Yes, 80%, Yes
8. Straighten and put things away before bed. (I hate waking up to a disheveled house, but it gets so crazy in the afternoons and evenings. If I can do this, I will be in a much better mood in the mornings!). Yes, Yes, Yes, 75%, Yes
9. Do shade garden by end of weekend.

I'm likely spending most of the weekend doing things to get the guys ready for their respective trips. Unfortunately, I learned that instead of just being away for work this week, DH will likely be gone the next 5 or 6, coming home on weekends. That was kind of disappointing, but it has its positives, too.

Well, I need to continue on with my day...just wanted to check in so Mike doesn't get on my case . Will pop in later; have a great day!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Terri, when you figure out what you did to get your equipment zenning for you, let me know. I need to use it on some household appliances! I think you're doing awesomely well. Your 5000 deficit, let alone a 7000 one, blows me away. Keep up the good work!
I'm not really sure what I did. It failed right when I was getting ready to go home for work.

I think I glared at it menacingly for a couple of minutes, and then I tried to get it to inject properly (part of its function is to inject liquid samples) but it kept running "off-chart." So I huffed at it, gave it a dose of cleaner (in this case, pure methanol) and told it to get its act together when I got back there in the morning.

And it had! I think it was the menacing glare, personally. I also find that kicking things works, as does muttering under your breath.

And thanks on the deficit I keep trying. I had a good day yesterday in terms of diet/exercise. I think it's also easier for me because I doubt my life is nearly as hectic as many here -- I don't have kids underfoot, just a BF! Work is stressful but I can tune out when I get home and not feel guilty about the me-time.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I got her a laptop, case, mouse, & mouse pad.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) Gal. of water a day yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2) workout 6 days yes, yes, yes, no, yes
3) 1000+ cals deficient for the week -172, -248, +117, -135, -296
4) eat clean yes, yes, no (had my 1 cheat meal (see #5), yes, yes
5) only 1 cheat meal no, no, yes (doughnuts for breffest), yes, yes

Non Health and Fitness
6) do Business drop-ins 1x no, yes, no, no, no
7) make money no, nope, no, yes (very little), no
8) do 3 random acts of kindness yes, no, no, no, yes,
Old 05-07-2011, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Just finished first bike ride of the season. A short one as my brakes need work and I did not inflate the tires enough. Just checked on line and need about 30 more PSI. I think I'll get my son to do the brakes when he visits later today with 2 of the grandkids. That would be a good mother's day gift! It felt great to be out in the sunshine. Working on low carb this week. Mary
Old 05-07-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Friday:

Food and Fitness:

*Multi-vitamin daily. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
*1200-1400 calories, max... no excuses. 1397, 1025 (...very carb heavy), 1225, 1264, 1659
*Log everything. Y,Y, Y,Y,Y
*Walk as schedule permits. No time. Again, no time. No. Bad week, exercise wise. Yes
*No bread, cheese, or cereal. Fail. Fail, strike two. Strike three. Carb-heavy this week even though calories were low.

Personal Junk:

*Live each day with the strength of a woman; not the whining of a child. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
*No emotional eating allowed! Time to pull up my "big girl" panties and move on. Y, Y, Y, Yes- much better. Y
*Schedule at least one day of things that I want to do; not things that I have to do. Looking at Wednesday. Today! YES! Got my work done in the morning, and then enjoyed 70 degree temps. and an awesome book on my deck in the afternoon. Pretty relaxing day yesterday, as well. Yes.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, Drill Sergeant Mike! I'm here! lol Had an incredibly awesome morning. That's why I wasn't around, but more about that later...

Mike,

So happy for you and your daughter to celebrate such a happy milestone! There's nothing quite like a dad and his daughter. I'm sure you'll be mixed with many emotions watching her receive her diploma. Try to get out of the kitchen tomorrow, relax and pat yourself on the back for a job well done. I'm sure she's going to be one happy girl opening a new laptop! (Can I be an "honorary daughter"? lol) As far as Mother's Day, I understand what you're saying. Father's Day is a rough one for me, as I lost my dad pretty young... about the same age as your daughter is now. As old as I am, it still hurts. But you know what? That's ok to miss someone... it just means that our love for them never ends, right? Know that she's with you, not just on Mother's Day, but every single day of the year. (That's what us moms do! )

Mern,

I absolutely love random acts of kindness... they're the very best cure for a bad day. I actually did one myself. I ran into my nephew at a little restaurant where we went for breakfast today. He just graduated from college and a little shy on funds, I'm sure, so I picked up his breakfast when I paid my bill. I'm sure he had a nice surprise when he was told, after I had left, that it had already been taken care of. It made me feel good all day. Such a little thing, but it was fun.

Cassie,

Mother's Day... hmmm... Well, I thought I had it all figured out. I was going to take my mom to a movie, "Water for Elephants", and then out for a bite to eat. But then, "The Golden Child" (brother) made a grand appearance. (he's so wonderful) Sooo, I'm not sure where that leaves me. Probably just spend a peaceful day at home, which is fine with me. Hope your son has an awesome trip! ...and you get a little "me" time!

Now, about my great morning! I volunteered at my local animal shelter to walk dogs! (Remember my goal?) It was so much fun!!! I started with a Dachshund (I can here you all laughing!!! Stop it! ) BUT, I ended with a St. Bernard mix! How cool is that??? The St. Bernard mix was chosen for me because he was a big, dopey, gentle giant. He looks like a St. Bernard, but is about the size of a large German Shepherd. I just loved him! My husband let go of the lead from about 30 yards and I called him. He ran full tilt at me (Quite an accomplishment, if you remember my fear of dogs running at me...) knocked me to the ground in his gentle, yet dopey way, and proceeded to lick all of my makeup off. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in all of my life! My husband was stunned that I didn't freak out. By the end of the summer, I think I'll be a pro at this. They did have five Pit Bulls that I want no part of. (I'm sure they're lovely for some!) Just not a wimp, like me.

So, it's my new job now to find "Ollie", my St. Bernard buddy, a good home where he has lots of room to run and run. (No, not me... ) Any takers?

Last edited by quinnesec; 05-07-2011 at 10:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.