Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/2/11

Old 05-05-2011, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand
Congrats almeeker!!! You are my biggest inspiration on here. Everytime I think I can't do this because I've got too much on my plate already, I look at you and realize it can be done.

Today is my oldest daughter's 18 birthday. I'm sad and happy and amazed it's here already. How the heck did this happen?! We'll be out to a Mexican resteraunt tonight - something of a tradition since her b-day falls on Cinco de Mayo. Sent her a Willow Tree Angel and a balloon at school. She graduates in 16 days. Now I'm gonna sit here and cry. Two grown, two to go.
Awww aren't you sweet. Thanks, that really helps me keep it in perspective, today has been sort of nuts, the urge to eat has hit more than once. And I'm not so sure my plate is as full as yours. I get tired just reading your posts sometimes.

Two grown and two to go, sounds like heaven to me at the moment, but I'm sure it's emotional too. I got a little choked up because our oldest went and saw the "developmental" movie at school a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure that an 18th b-day would be much worse. And graduation, OY! Okay now I'm getting choked up too.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I actually kind of like the red dress (or red shirt, or red shoes, or red leather pants) idea...sort of like the American Heart Association has the "wear red" day for women's health awareness every year. Maybe I need a picture wearing red on my fridge to remind me to make good choices when I open it!
I think we do need a "Fit enough for RED thread". The fridge idea has merit too. I really don't see myself as the "red leather pants" type, where would you even be able to buy them? Ebay?

Last edited by almeeker; 05-05-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

I must be weird. I can't wait for my last to leave and and enjoy some "couples time" with my husband. I've never looked at the milestones as sad, either. To me, they're exciting! When my youngest goes to college, it's kind of like watching a movie or reading a good book... I can't wait to see what she does next!

Don't look at it as the end of something, but rather the beginning of something even better yet to come.

(Maybe I've just been at this too long! LOL)
Old 05-05-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Then the grandkids start. Motherhood -- the gift that keeps on giving. Enjoy while they are home and celebrate when they are able to go out on their own.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Then the grandkids start. Motherhood -- the gift that keeps on giving. Enjoy while they are home and celebrate when they are able to go out on their own.
Motherhood, the gift that keeps on giving and taking...
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,600, 1,690 50 push-ups done. 1,577, 1,396
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 62 min, 60 min, 62 min, 45 min (total 3:49)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -762, -598, -616, -870 (total -2,846)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (43c/30p), (39c/40p), (49c/34p), (51c/33p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y, Y
7. Grain free 3 days. Y, Y, N, N

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Make DD a costume for Thursday's performance. Started, finished mob cap, 1/2 done with nightgown.NO, DONE
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. N, I called and got a little bit of run around from the body shop, now I have to talk it over with DH and figure out when we should get it done. NO
10. Call my doctor's office and work out the prescription problem. N, N, Y
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) instantly drop into a 2 minute plank for infractions. Y, Y, Y, Y
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, N, N, N
13. Finish weeding/mulching at least 2 of the flower beds. N, N, N, N
14. Housework:
Monday: down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday: kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom, laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry

Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, front porch, basement, laundry
Sunday, Mother's Day not doing a darned thing I don't want to.

Today is over, and it was a pretty good day, scale moving this morning kept my face out of the refrigerator. And DD's costume also kept me too busy to eat, but alas yet another theatrical event is now history. That kid is going to kill me with all this stuff.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-05-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Forgot about that cupcake, geez...
Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Had a good day yesterday, food wise. Weather has kept me from my walks and hikes, but hopefully the clouds will break for the next few days.

Thursday:

Food and Fitness:

*Multi-vitamin daily. Y, Y, Y, Y
*1200-1400 calories, max... no excuses. 1397, 1025 (...very carb heavy), 1225, 1264
*Log everything. Y,Y, Y,Y
*Walk as schedule permits. No time. Again, no time. No. Bad week, exercise wise.
*No bread, cheese, or cereal. Fail. Fail, strike two. Strike three. Carb-heavy this week even though calories were low.

Personal Junk:

*Live each day with the strength of a woman; not the whining of a child. Y, Y, Y, Y
*No emotional eating allowed! Time to pull up my "big girl" panties and move on. Y, Y, Y, Yes- much better.
*Schedule at least one day of things that I want to do; not things that I have to do. Looking at Wednesday. Today! YES! Got my work done in the morning, and then enjoyed 70 degree temps. and an awesome book on my deck in the afternoon. Pretty relaxing day yesterday, as well.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, my, yesterday was a colossal fail for me. On the other hand, I know what went wrong; one of my old traps got me. I got too busy, didn't eat enough during the day, then ate way too much after I finally got home. It was a crazy, crazy, day but that's no excuse. As they say, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

I had a rough case yesterday, too; 5 hours long and very sad. It was striking in that the client was significantly overweight (though that was not the referral issue), had been since childhood, and had suffered so much verbal abuse and so many negative hits to her self-esteem that it truly colored the rest of her life to date in the sense of making choices that were not in her best interest, over and over. It really brought home that mind-body connection; hopefully she can heal all parts and get past it. Made me very sad.

1. Calories 250 deficient per day (adjust after weigh-in on Wed. if necessary). Yes, Yes, Yes, Nooo
2. Balance macros, fiber, and ratio of good:bad fats. Yes, Yes, Yes (short one fruit/veggie today, though), Nooo
3. Sleep at least 7 hours a night. No, No, No, No
4. Drink at least two big blue bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Nooo

5. Pay attention to posture. Yes, Yes, Fair, Fair
6. Smile more, bitch less (it's contagious ). Yes, Yes, Yes, No
7. Be more diligent about skin care (sunscreen, yes, but there's more I should be doing). Yes, Yes, Yes, 80%
8. Straighten and put things away before bed. (I hate waking up to a disheveled house, but it gets so crazy in the afternoons and evenings. If I can do this, I will be in a much better mood in the mornings!). Yes, Yes, Yes, 75%
9. Do shade garden by end of weekend.

I ended up working on a report till 1 AM and pretty much fell asleep on the computer, so the straightening was limited to what I could do right after eating dinner at 9 PM. The boy is swamped, too, so he didn't get his chores done last night either. Consequently, I'm crankier this morning than I should be. I'm going to go get things in order, then go shop for healthy food. Today is a new day, I keep telling myself, today is a new day.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-06-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:50 AM
Super Moderator

quinn: I am jealous of your deck-and-good-book afternoon on Wednesday! I don't think you're a "weird" person at all for your Mom views - I wish my parents were like you. I'm 27, criminetly, and I get scolded if I don't call every three days I'm living my life, and I wish them the same!

Mern: I don't know about rockin' it -- my calorie deficit really isn't up to par, but thanks for the boost, haha! I'm just happy my back is feeling better and I've been in a really really calm mood all week. I will take that any day, even if the scale doesn't move too much.

Cassie: Today IS a new day! You had a hard emotional day yesterday, just straighten up and get right back at it. You've done it before, you can do it again! With you, girl!

I actually LOVE the red dress/clothing thing too... I have never, ever worn bright red in my whole life. Maybe we should all make some sort of pact, haha!

Thursday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week M: -437 T: -529 W: -1,384 Th: -571 (Week Total: -2,921)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Day off (back pain) T: 10 minutes stat. bike, then stopped due to back pain W: 45 minutes HIIT elliptical Th: Day off
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 20% T: 28% W: 31% Th: 23% (Weekly Average: 25.5%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 38% T: 43% W: 36% Th: 40% (Weekly Average: 39%)
5) Protein powder after every workout in a smoothie M: N/A T: N/A W: Forgot! Th: N/A
6) At least 104 oz. water daily M: I think so T: yes W: no (96) Th: yes
7) Report here each and every day M-Th: Day after
8) Eat out/take out no more than twice for lunch and once for dinner M: Pizza lunch, restaurant dinner T: No takeout W: No takeout Th: Pizza for lunch...again. So sick of pizza. (Total 2 Lunches, 1 Dinner)

Other Life Stuff:
1) Handle stress directly and appropriately M: No real stress T: Yes W: Yes Th: Yes
2) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: Yes x 2! T: Yes W: Hair and makeup, but not so much clothing... Th: Meh
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours M: No T: 2 hours W: No Th: No (Total 2 hours)
4) "Smile more, bitch less" M: All smiles! T: Yes, I was very zen yesterday W: Had a bit of a bitchy evening... Th: Totally
5) Try two new recipes M-Th: Probably this weekend

I had a great day yesterday until JUST before time to go home. Some sort of contamination got in my equipment I think - I tried to solve it for about 45 minutes, and then realized my brain was pretty fried after an intense meeting to discuss future experiments (which involved pizza...ugh...more pizza...), and that I would just make it worse if I continued. I let the machine zen itself overnight after running through some cleaner compounds and I LET IT GO once I got home, which is awesome.

Wanted to go to the gym last night but got an unexpected phone call from an old friend. Spent 2 hours on phone instead. Totally worth it, though

Came into work this morning and the machine actually DID zen itself overnight to a much better state than it was when I left. It still needs cleaning, but it's way better. Sometimes time does fix things, who knew?

It occurs to me I'm likely not going to make my 7,000 goal this week. I think if I can make 5,000, I will be happy with that, but I am leaving the goal unchanged for now. Also, I need to up my protein! Sheesh!

Happy Friday everyone! Weekend's coming!

~Terri
Old 05-06-2011, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Floors swept and scrubbed...check. Bathrooms cleaned... check. Laundry done...check. House picked up, bills paid, grocery shopping done so that my family thinks they're giving me the weekend off for Mother's Day... check. HEY... Wait a minute!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.