Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 4/25/11

Old 04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

wow I thought I was the only one here with money stress. I'm sorry to hear that I'm not. It looks like thing may be looking up for me soon, I hope everyone shortly follows!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I would suggest that you give the 5 kids a challenge to think of a creative way to get Mr. Screamy to stop, but I'm afraid of what they might come up with.
They have done the funniest things to get him to stop crying. My boy (he's not mine but I claim him) sings really funny songs to the baby and rubs his little feet. The songs are just whatever he's thinking, so they go something like this, "oh little baby boy please stop crying 'cause it's making me want to stick playdough in my ears, so I don't have to listen to you cry no mo". And he's just a bit tone deaf, so I actually snort trying not to laugh at him. I have Mr. Screamy Pants again tomorrow, so wish me luck.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

I highly recommend the book "Financial Peace", it certainly didn't fix all of our money issues, but it helped us get on the same page financially, and it also helped us pay off a bunch of debt. The only things we owe money on these days are the cars, the house and the student loan. It might be time to sit down and read it again - together.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
YES, PLEASE!!! lol

Ok. Here's the deal with the #@!*% dress. In an attempt to save money, my daughter found a beautiful, red, satin dress last June on a clearance rack that she absolutely loved. It was $325 marked down to $40 because some of the intricate beading on the straps, that criss-cross in the back, were loose. Eager to pay $40 for a prom dress, I told her that I could "easily" fix it.... lol I found matching beads, but it has hung in the closet ever since.

This morning, I've completed about half. Very ditsy, time-consuming, fussy stuff... but it has to be done for Saturday. (I've only had a year!)

I thought of you this morning, too, working on your various costumes. She asked me if I could bead the top of the long, satin gloves to match!!! I sure could use your help!!!
Man, that project is right up my alley, deep discount and beading!!! It doesn't get much better than that.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

You guys sound fantastic in your financial stuff.
We have a joint account but mostly he balances and only his pay check go in there. I have my own bank account. B/C I know if he see a bit extra money he would like to buy somethings. Maybe that is not good choice.
As we were upset about the bill today. He told me that I should get my own credit card and pay for it. I don't think it's a very good solution either.
I will still looking for a solution, may have to sit down this weekend and figure it out.
Thanks for sharing your financial way.
Mai
Old 04-26-2011, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Okay I have to stop chit-chatting and get down to business.

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600, 50 push-ups for days I'm over. 1,521, 1,514
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min, 60 min (total 60 min)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -503, -959 (total -1,462)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (55c/28p), (50c/30p),
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y
7. Grain free 3 days. M-YES, T-YES

Non-Fitness Goals:

8. Get DD ready for State finals on Saturday. Y, N
9. Call the autobody place and set up appointment. N, N
10. Call my doctor's office and work out the prescription problem. N, N
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) instantly drop into a 2 minute plank for infractions. NO,YES/NO
12. 1 hour of cleaning in the basement. N, N
13. Order more parts for the money pit, um I mean elliptical. N, N
14. Housework:
Monday down-stairs bathroom, up-stairs bathroom, laundry
Tuesday kitchen, stairwell, hall, laundry
Wednesday living room, bedroom laundry
Thursday dining room, bedroom, laundry
Friday den, master bedroom, laundry
Saturday, State Finals, gone all day
Sunday, basement, cupboard, laundry

I did pretty well today, even taught my Brownie Troop how to make homemade chicken veggie soup (with veggies out of the freezer from last summer's garden - no less). Surprisingly most of the kids ate it and came back for seconds. There was one that turned her nose up completely, but she's a junk-food addict and won't touch veggies with a long stick. Oh well her loss. Prior to the Brownie meeting I was actually making progress on the housework and then out of the blue a friend showed up at my house while her car was in the shop, it's about 2 blocks down the road. So we had a nice chat and discussed some parenting issues, the school recently showed the movie about puberty to the 4th grade girls. OY!

Now that we've all had a vent about money, let's open another can of worms, in-laws. My husband informed me today that he volunteered us to watch a child (for free of course) over a weekend. Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue, but on Mother's Day? I'm really ticked off, since I was hoping the family was planning a little something special for me (or at the very least hoping they were not planning to ask anything extra of me). Guess that was hoping for too much. I'm thinking that I need to have other plans and leave him home so he can take care of his obligations. At the very least he should have mentioned it to me before he agreed.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

So let me get this straight--you don't want to spend mother's day taking care of children? I can't think of a more beautiful way to celebrate.

I joke, I joke.

Ride that bike to the nearest spa and spend the whole day there.

Or, maybe you should explain your plans for Father's Day involve lots of kiddies for him care for. This way he can celebrate being a father.

Last edited by blackrhino2; 04-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

I'm a little early with my numbers, if anything changes, I'll edit.

Health & Fitness
1) Gallon of water per day yes, yes
2) Remain injury free yes, yes
3) 2100-2400 cals/day yes (2133), no (1730)
4) Macros (+/- 2%): 50%P, 30%C, 20%F yes 50/31/19, no 48/26/26
5) P90X at least 6 days a week (even do Yoga) yes, yes
6) Eat clean every day (no cheat day) yes, yes
7) Floss 7 times yes, yes
8) Weigh in and take pictures on Monday yes
9) Daily-
Vitamin: yes, yes
Fish Oil: yes, yes
Glucosamine + MSM: yes, yes
L-Arginine: yes, yes
Z-Force: yes, yes
10) Make a new YouTube Videos for the launch of my next 90 days yes (posted earlier)

Non Health & Fitness
11) Smile more, bitch less yes, yes
12) Get daughter a graduation gift no, no
13) Make money no, no
14) Get appt. for Chloe’ to see the Vet no, no

Today I fell short on my calories, I was in training all day and did the best that I could. Day 2 of P90X and it is killing me. I am having such a struggle with it!

Oh I'll be escaping to Florida soon, maybe I can work on my farmer's tan then.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-26-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Oooh, almeeker, those are fighting words from your DH. I rather like Julia's thoughts . Seriously, though, I'd let him know how you feel and ask him how he plans to solve the issue. It's the old, "you got us into this mess, now you get us out" dilemma.

Mai, I don't think you can go wrong sitting down together and figuring it out. Good luck!

Mike, good choice on the snapper. Hope you enjoyed it.

Check in:

1. Calorie deficit of 350 daily, on average. 346, 353
2. Balance the pie chart. Yes, Yes
3. 64 oz. water daily. 66, 70
4. Total 5 fruits and veggies daily. 5, 5
5. 25 grams fiber daily (no supplements). 28, 32
6. Exercise 6/7 days. Rest day, Tennis

7. Be positive! Reframe stress and focus on what I'm thankful for (I'm truly in a funk lately; everything seems to be going wrong). Struggling, Little better
8. Get shade garden done by end of weekend. Not yet
9. Work on cleaning garage before it gets too hot! Not yet
10. Paint one room's trim IFF no tourney this weekend. There's no tourney, so I gotta do it

So...random thoughts for the evening:

>>There sure are a lot of shows about morbidly obese people and disordered eating on television these days.

>>Some days I really wish I could see myself and not know it was me, or see somebody exactly my height and build, so I could know what I look like without any distorted body image.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
FitDay Member

Wow, you lot were busy overnight! Well, overnight for me, anyway. And it always amazes me that there can be so much compassion for animals people have never met that belong to someone they've never seen thousands of miles away... but maybe it did some good Thank you!
Aki's actually hungry this morning and wants out of the hutch, both good signs. She's picked her drooping wings up a bit and is standing straighter, and has obviously been digging in her bedding 'cos she's got it everywhere. I think she'll make it

Mern - British weather is notoriously dismal and the but of many jokes among tourists. It's been astoundingly good here lately, blazing sun, hardly a cloud in the sky, and that's very unusual for more than 2 or 3 days at a time. If you google Bognor Regis you'll be able to see the official sunshine figures and all the usual PR rubbish.
My grandfather had full Native American colouring, and his family's origins were traced back to either the Apache or Cheyenne tribe, I can't remember which but both have been mentioned, so perhaps both are included somewhere? My uncles and aunt on my father's side all tan well and easily, my generation are less so inclined, but I'm the most extreme, and definitely not a friend of the sun. I never tan, just burn and go white again, though I'm not really excessively pale. The joke at school was that I was a vampire, and my slightly-longer-and-sharper-than-normal canines didn't help. They're even angled naturally to make them look even pointier than they are. I've had to wear sunglasses outside during daylight in all but the worst weather every day since I was about 13. I even burn through the SPF-blocking, lightly tinted windows of the car.
I have 5 chickens of 4 different breeds. Only 1 remains of the original 4 birds I had, a White Star laying hybrid called Houdini - not her original name, but after 3 escapes (while feeding them) in 2 days, she earnt it. She's 3+ now, but stopped layying about 15 months ago for no reason we can see, but she's still going strong, just rather fatter than she was 'cos she's still eating the amount she was before but not expending it on eggs. The others were an Araucana (Misty) and 2 rescue hens, Gail and Jane. Gail was ill when we got her, we think. Underweight and not laying, and died within 3 months. Jane lasted 18, dying of egg-binding with broken shell resulting in peritonitis last January. Misty we lost almost exactly a year ago for no apparent reason, she was fine one morning and dead that evening, leaving Houdini alone. That's not a good state for a chicken, so we got 2 chicks for me to raise and a Black Rhode hybrid I named Sakura with oil-sheen black body and brilliant gold-bronze head to keep Houdini company in the meantime. The chicks were araucanas, and one had an infection and died in 4 days. The other was healthy, or so we thought, so we sterilised the hutch and got her a new friend, Aki. Then little Emi (as I'd called her) got Marak's disease, and we lost her too. So I raised Aki alone, but her hutch faces the run and we let Houdini and Sakura out for a bit every day, so they got used to her and they could "talk". When she got full-grown (she's a miniature Maran, so that's not very big), we got 2 young Light Sussex hens (pullets) about her size and put her in with them for a day, and then put them all in with Houdini and Sakura. You can't introduce 1 bird to a flock or they gang up on it and kill it, but if you put several birds, even from different places, in at once, they group together and although they still get attacked, it's more spread-out and less traumatic. I called the Twins Polgara and Beldaran, and Pol almost never shuts up. Rather like her Belgariad namesake.
We don't sell the eggs, but given that I love eggs and baking anyway, we rarely have many spares, but we give them to family members anyway. If Aki pulls through after her antibiotics, we've been told her eggs "shouldn't" be eaten ever again, but even the vet said that's an over-cautious health and safety precaution intended for commercial hens, so I'll try them myself in a few weeks and if I'm fine, I'll keep them for personal use. I still won't risk them on other people in case of residual traces of antibiotics that could interact with other people's medications. Drug interactions can be really nasty.

Lots of questions, but I bet you weren't expecting such long-winded answers...
The last one's shorter - I'm really happy for William and Kate, she's such a nice, down-to-Earth young woman, and coming from a normal (if well-off) family makes her more personable than a hereditary member of the nobility would be. And of course William is a great guy, flying search and rescue helicopters takes skill and guts, and he is just as compassionate as his mother was. I won't get to see the wedding as I have been all but forced to work that day, which would usually be my day off, because everyone else asked for it off and got it, so I'm asking my dad to record it for me. I SOOOO want to see the dress, I've designed and made a few dresses myself, so I can appreciate them more than most of my friends or colleagues.

I think that's enough for now, it's time to find something for breakfast. Boiled egg and wholewheat toast sounds good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.