Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread 4/25/11

Old 05-01-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
I'll bet Almeeker's "Wild Monkey Cardio" would be as effective as P90X.
Unlikely, but it's a whole lot more fun with a better ending.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Almeeker, congrats to you and your DD on making it through and on her success yesterday. Sounds like you enjoyed the celebratory events afterward, too

Mike, I'm the first to admit that I don't know much about it, but are those the ratios that are recommended when you are going through P90X? Just use common sense and eat what your body tells you...it's probably right!

Terri, kudos to you on the cooking. Sounds delish! Just put some jimmies on it and it'll be close to perfect .

Mern, how were the sporting events? Hope you enjoyed them; sounds like you've had a very on-the-go and busy weekend. Fun times. I know they appreciated having you there!

Better late than never checking in. Yesterday was crazy but I rocked off 14 items on the to-do list. Bam! Had a plan for today, too, but we ended up going to a Civil War museum instead, which was very interesting. My foot's better; I didn't push it last night. Hubby and I went for a long walk, but nothing impact-ish. Tonight when we go I might try to jog a little.

Yesterday was both a success and a failure diet-wise. I didn't get my hoped-for deficit, but for a change I didn't go overboard, either. I'll take what I can get, given how horrible weekends have been. Back on the scale Wednesday and we'll see what evils have caught up with me from last weekend.

1. Calorie deficit of 350 daily, on average. 346, 353, 352, 348, 260, +65
2. Balance the pie chart. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 64 oz. water daily. 66, 70, 66, 64, 48, but I drank a lot of herbal tea today, 42
4. Total 5 fruits and veggies daily. 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 4
5. 25 grams fiber daily (no supplements). 28, 32, 37, 26, 36, 39
6. Exercise 6/7 days. Rest day, Tennis, Weights, Treadmill, Weights (none standing), Brisk walk

7. Be positive! Reframe stress and focus on what I'm thankful for (I'm truly in a funk lately; everything seems to be going wrong). Struggling, Little better, Pretty good today, Pretty good, Marginal; being hurt does not make for a rosy outlook, Fair
8. Get shade garden done by end of weekend. Nope, went to museum instead
9. Work on cleaning garage before it gets too hot! Done (but hubby did it )
10. Paint one room's trim IFF no tourney this weekend. Nope, cleaned out closets and dressers and basement...impromptu charity pick-up after neighborhood garage sale

Enjoy the last vestiges of the weekend, folks!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:44 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, this is how I make beef stroganoff.

1 pound ground beef or turkey
1 med onion diced
maybe a drizzle of EVOO if the beef is very lean
1 tub fat free sour cream or Greek yogurt
8-12 ounces of fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced thick
1/2 pound of frozen peas or broccoli
3/4 pound of egg noodles
1 tsp salt
1-2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

In a large pot boil water with a dash of salt and a drizzle of EVOO, when water is boiling add in 3/4 bag of egg noodles. In a skillet pour a Tbls of EVOO and brown ground beef or turkey and diced onion, break apart the meat into small crumbles as it cooks. When the meat is fully browned and the onions are soft, drain any remaining oil or grease from the pan. Add in sour cream or Greek yogurt, mushrooms, peas or broccoli, salt and pepper and bring mixture to a simmer, and simmer 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender. Serve immediately over egg noodles, garnish with finely sliced green onions if you have them.

I make this all the time, it's very fast, and my whole family likes it, a win-win for me.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie way to go on the "to-do" list. Rock-on woman.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker, a mulligan I believe is a 'do over'. I think it's a golf term but I don't golf. Adderall is a controlled substance (an amphetamine) and it KILLS my appetite. Perfect example was today. I finally took it about the time I finished my work out. I went to my office grabbed some stuff, went to Walgreens grabbed my paper Rx b/c they were out of the generic, then went to CVS to drop it off. All this while Mystie was sitting on my shoulder, but she didn't distract me. Got home, edged my front yard, cut the front and back, swept and blew off my driveway and took a shower. I got s#!t DONE... but I haven't eaten. All I've had today was breakfast, and a protein shake. I did a work out, and worked in the yard for almost 3 hours.

Cassie, that's what P90X recommends for the 1st phase for cutting. I think I'm going to go back to 45c/35p/20f. I can eat a health variety of food doing that and not worry about going overboard.

Mern, FitDay may be addictive but I can assure you the Adderall can be worse. I guess that's why I rarely take it as often as I should. The last time I went to my doctor I brought him 4 or 5 outdated prescriptions that I never filled. He kinda looked at me like I was crazy. I'm sure some people would find something illegal to do with them, but not me. A month supply with last me 45-60 days. I don't think that I'd ever get hooked on them but I think I'm too scared to find out. I can tell you that my life is much better and easier to deal with when I do take it.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, have you tried Strattera? Not sure on the spelling. My SIL takes it, and I think there are some other family members on it. Seems to work on their ADD pretty well.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Mike, have you tried Strattera? Not sure on the spelling. My SIL takes it, and I think there are some other family members on it. Seems to work on their ADD pretty well.
no I haven't. There is a big advantage to having it kill my appetite, just not when I make crazy goals.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Last check in of the week:

1. Calorie deficit of 350 daily, on average. 346, 353, 352, 348, 260, +65, 407
2. Balance the pie chart. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 64 oz. water daily. 66, 70, 66, 64, 48, but I drank a lot of herbal tea today, 42, 64
4. Total 5 fruits and veggies daily. 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 4, 6
5. 25 grams fiber daily (no supplements). 28, 32, 37, 26, 36, 39, 24.5
6. Exercise 6/7 days. Rest day, Tennis, Weights, Treadmill, Weights (none standing), Brisk walk, Jog

7. Be positive! Reframe stress and focus on what I'm thankful for (I'm truly in a funk lately; everything seems to be going wrong). Struggling, Little better, Pretty good today, Pretty good, Marginal; being hurt does not make for a rosy outlook, Fair, Pretty good
8. Get shade garden done by end of weekend. Nope, went to museum instead
9. Work on cleaning garage before it gets too hot! Done (but hubby did it )
10. Paint one room's trim IFF no tourney this weekend. Nope, cleaned out closets and dressers and basement...impromptu charity pick-up after neighborhood garage sale

Today was a good day. Got a lot done, went to a cool museum, tried a new recipe, and took a 45 minute jog through the neighborhood with my husband. Had time at the end of the day to finish the book Morgan Spurlock wrote after his Supersize Me movie and watch an episode of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution online. Those things kept me out of the pantry enough to make it a very good day food-wise.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-01-2011 at 04:19 PM.