Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-16-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Mike- Thanks for the angel food cake idea for the sweet tooth, I will defintely try that. Right now I am sufficing with one small pc of dark chocolate to try and take that craving away and it is working pretty well.

Stacey- Downward Dog is one of my fav poses , going through the series of downward dog to plank to cobra. Its basically like you are an upside down V and you want to try and keep your feet planted and your knees straight. It will get more comfortable as you progress! Glad to see you are doing it!

Not sure who posted about the cycling but good intel, I have been trying to get in the mood to go to cycling but anything new is always a tad intimidating plus it doesn't help that the class is at 530 AM... But I am hoping next week I can get both the courage and energy to start my AM workouts too!

Goals for this week:
1) Make it to three 530 workout classes- postponing until next week when my body isn't too exhausted
2) Run 3 miles a day- YES YES
3) NO Sweets and NO booze- NO booze but had a few pcs of dark chocolate hoping it will curb soon!
Self Goals:
1) Take dogs on 2 walks a week- NO NO
2) Try two new recipes- Yes and hopefully tonight!
3) Read/ tan once this weekend
4) Applaud every workout, it takes effort to go!- YES YES

Starting weight 2/28 - 166.6
Weight last checked - 158.7

Lost 7.9 lbs!!!

Goal Weight - 130 lbs by June 2011
Old 03-16-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Jenny Kam!! I am in the same boat as you but shorter. And for me its all about setting yourself up to succeed you know you have to do it the AM otherwise it doesn't happen so just make it possible. For me its immediately following work no breaks just go straight there. Its holding ourselves accountable that is the hard part.

Glad you got on.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

jennykam ~ welcome to the thread

muna ~ poor you & your sick family. just a little note & i'm sure the doctors already told you this but impetigo is very contagious & very common among kids. i'm sure you are taking steps to make sure it doesn't get passed along to your other children.

azrunner ~ yeah i know the upside down v, but my knees are bent ~sigh~ is that okay for now? i'm assuming it will get better as i get more flexible. right now i can't stand that pose...lol
Old 03-16-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey I do downward facing dog too, and what helped me get the pose right was a mirror. Okay it's not a mirror per se, it's the glass front of the stereo cabinet, but I can see my reflection in it. At first I wasn't getting my back straight enough, I was more like an inverted U than a V. Just being able to see my reflection helped a lot. So what if your knees are bent, just try and straighten them as much as possible every time you do it. Eventually you'll get the gluts in the air and the knees locked, and look just like the people in the video.

One of these days I'm going to build myself a regular gym right in my house. It's going to have a bunch of my fave equipment, a great big television, stereo surround sound and mirrors everywhere. Oh and a fridge, I definitely need a fridge.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, so sorry you are going through a rough time. I can hear how down you feel in your post. Another one of my son's toddler sayings was, "I think life needs to have a rewind button." I feel for ya, girl; hope it gets better soon.

MunaAmin, please take care of yourself in addition to your family. I hope the antibiotics knock things out quickly.

Stacey, I am awkward at yoga, too. I don't do well with the poses where my head is down, what with the history of vertigo. But you will get there; you probably have lots of natural ability from dancing.

Almeeker, I use the fireplace glass as my mirror . You take what you can get, right? Although since the X-box arrived at Christmas, the guys have the family room TV all the freaking time, so I've been in the basement when I want to watch something. I've spent some time envisioning a Mom Cave with exercise equipment and other goodies; now just have to find the time and money to make it happen!

Well, I am exhausted today. Plus after staying up till after 2 to re-do that material, my client today didn't even have a sufficient reading level for it. I've got band chaperone duty and music adjudication tonight, so probably won't be home till 10. Exercise will not happen today so I'm trying to keep the calories reasonable.

Hi to everyone (Mike, sorry about the typo, but you're still doing awesome with your goal on carbs) and welcome JennyKam. Gotta get back to work but I'll be checking back in tonight. Take care, y'all, and have a good afternoon.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

LOL Mom cave!!! Love it. I'm going to paint "Blood, Snake, Fire" right on the door and cross off "Snake".
Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, SOBSYAO-spinning on the bike soothing your a$$ off. LOL! I love it! You are hilarious.

Quinn, hope you are having a great hike with your pack!

Terri, I am so sorry to hear about the mishap with the equipment in the cardboard box. I know it's easier said than done but beating yourself up over it won't bring it back and honestly it was just an accident. It could have happened to anyone! Seriously, especially when you are overworked and stressed. I hate that you are beating yourself up because you really don't deserve it. Please try to forgive yourself and focus on all the great things that you do!

Stacey, kudos for doing yoga! You're so good. I really wanted to like yoga and I have tried it many times but I just get so embarrassed when we have to stand on one leg because I just topple over. I don't seem to have very good balance at all and it's quite humiliating!

Almeeker, I work out in the kitchen now so as not to disturb my downstairs neighbour so I actually use the oven door as my mirror. LOL.

Cassie, wow you are busy today! Sorry to hear you are so tired. I hope that you get to relax after work and get a good night's sleep tonight.

Muna, I am really sorry to hear about all the ailments in your family. I had impetigo when I was 9 and I hid it from my mom because I was so embarrassed about it so by the time she noticed it was covering half my torso! Thank goodness your son couldn't hide his.I hope those antibiotics knock out everyone's bugs really fast! Take good care.

Mike, I only had 65g of carbs yesterday. That's pretty low right? I didn't even really plan it to be so low, it just happened.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

Rose ~ i don't look graceful doing yoga in the least hence why i do it at home...lol. my flexibility has been horrible since age 5 actually...lol. some moves are easier like the warrior ones yet downward dog is very awkward...lol. i just hope it helps with my range of motion.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey that's a great idea. Maybe I'll get a yoga DVD and try practicing at home before I embarrass myself in public again. My dog is very good at downward dog, by the way but I guess all dogs are.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Rose,

I had an incredible hike today! 55 degrees (warm for us) so all I needed was a light
jacket. I actually had my lunch out on the trail on a log with deer wandering around me and woodpeckers overhead. It was awesome. What an incredible way to release stress! I am so relaxed from all of the exercise and fresh air. It's, by far, my favorite "therapy".

jj,

I hear you about the cookie mishap! I made soft molasses cookies for my family today. Lucky for me, I only snitch the dough... once they're baked, they don't tempt me. (But the dough was awesome! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.