FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3556-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-2-28-11-a.html)

aspikes 03-05-2011 11:32 AM

I love the "stayball" idea, my kids play with my regular one so much I always have to go and look for it.

Today was a pretty good day, lots of housework, 30 day shred this morning, and ate at the wild game supper but still kept calories semi-decent.

I'm going to really try to workout in the mornings, as I had soooo much more energy today. It means I'm gonna have to get up earlier during the week tho, so I hope I can stick to that.

Having cake and ice cream for my DD tomorrow after church, but I'm not really a sweets person so I should be able to resist.

Hope all is well!

almeeker 03-05-2011 12:27 PM

Saturday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Keep calories in check 1,500 M-F and 2,000 SS. 2,262, 1,516, 1,510, 1,441, 2,636, 1,811
2. Drink 96 oz of water. NO 84 :eek:, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
3. Exercise 6 hours. 38 min, 90 min, 82 min, 38 min, 1:52 min, 65 min (total 7:05)
4. Keep carbs to 45% or lower. 63%, 63%, 48%, 46%, 45%, 48%
5. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500. +60, -1,025, -819, -929, -7, -420 (total -3,200) I might actually make it this week!
6. Take DD up to school for "walk the halls" at least once. Not yet, Nope, YES! And the kiddos LOVED it!
7. Inflate new stayball. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, YES! Thanks for the kick Mike.

Non Fitness Goals:

8. Average 5 items from the "list" daily. NO, NO, NO, YES 6, NO, NO
9. Sign up for race and call SIL about same. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
10. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) and do 1 load of laundry daily. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, NO
11. Clean out 1 small area of basement. NO, NO, NO, YES, YES, NO

After I got back from the gym today I was a total slug, but it felt good. Every now and then a mom is entitled to a day off.

almeeker 03-05-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 38571)
I know everyone loves before and after pics. Almeeker this is for you (I know you're thinking "why does he always pick on me?"). :D

Thanks for the motivation. Now it's your turn! BTW It's only took 5 mins. pumping it by hand.

BTW Mike, I have 2 brothers, compared to the harassment they dish out I hadn't noticed you were picking on me...

01gt4.6 03-05-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 38589)
BTW Mike, I have 2 brothers, compared to the harassment they dish out I hadn't noticed you were picking on me...

well maybe they should harass you about signing up for the race. :D

I'm glad you got your ball done.

Mern 03-05-2011 08:28 PM

Woke up for a potty trip and thought I'd pop on the computer and catch up on our thread and get a post submitted before going back to bed. Probably 75% of the time I have to save my post to WordPad to submit later when it won't go through. Anyone else have that problem? I suppose I mostly log onto FidDay forums during peak usage and that's what causes the delay in getting my posts submitted--around 7AM, noon, and early evening.

Almeeker, I'm no expert, but it sounds like maybe your body was furiously craving calories. Maybe your body actually NEEDED you to "medicate the [swimming] fatigue with food" I certainly agree motherhood is hit and miss. It would be nice if kids came with a manual that gave us all the answers, but that may make motherhood kinda boring. :) I really do not recommend walking in the rain and wind with an umbrella. LOL I bit off more than I could chew--that's why I could only walk 3/4 mile that day. No, you didn't tell me your Mom's nickname is Mer. Yeah, that's what I need--rabbit ears. LOL Honestly, your encouragement (and that of so many pals here) on the little bit of exercise I accomplish compared to the rest of you really encourages me to aim for my personal best each time I exercise. Some days it's great, other times it's not, but I do always give it my best shot. Bunnies--I LOVE bunnies. When I was a teenager we had a darling, very affection-craving bunny that we named Thumper after the one in the Bambi movie. LOL on the sand in the stayball preventing the kids from kicking it all over the house. Yeah, "unpoppable" should really mean "unpoppable." Good for you for taking the first one back. You did a great job on your goals Saturday, too. You bet your boots Mom is entitled to an occasional day off--doesn't happen enough!

aspikes, great job Saturday. :) Glad you'll be able to control yourself on the cake and ice cream. Sending you a pre-party "way to go!"

Mike, I'm so sorry you lost your Mom to cancer. It really sucks big time to have any loved one go through that. Watch out for that Omega-3. You could very well be first getting PG--you have as much chance as I do. LOL My Saturday carbs were even lower than Friday--not planned--just how it worked out, but my carbs did come from really good stuff like Italian green beans and a high fiber low carb tortilla, protein shakes, and two eggs. You know, I'm not really concerned about extra protein turning converting to sugar in my body. I don't know how well educated about carbs the dietician was, but a pro-low carb one told me that it happens with "SOME BUT NOT ALL" who consume high protein. I don't often exceed 120g protein--120g was what my doctor recommended for me based on my weight and to help manage my blood sugar--to reduce the carbs without replacing them all with fat as we low-carbers are often accused of by those who believe all the myths they read.

Saturday's achievements:
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1518
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 19.2
Protein 171.6 (didn't really need the protein supplement.

MunaAmin 03-05-2011 08:47 PM

Mern - yes :) walking DD to school 40min, grocery shopping on the way home 25min, going for DD to school 20 min, walking her to swimming lesson 45 min, walking her home 45min. She has a new scooter so basically she scoots away and I follow her as fast as I can.

Mern 03-06-2011 03:19 AM

Muna! Congrats on all that walking! Talk about being inspirational--you surely are! :)

01gt4.6 03-06-2011 03:32 AM

Good... or not so good morning everyone. I woke up this morning and when I stepped out of bed I felt a nagging pain in my right knee. When I was doing squats last night I was going very deep and something didn't feel quite right (not too bad, but different). Today is my last day to get in Plyometrics and I may have to skip it. We'll see.

Oh the good side, I'm back down to 171.8. I wanted to start tomorrow at 171.0 and may be able to shed a little more water today.

My mid week report:

1) 2000 cals deficient in 4 days -658, -377, -524
2) Gallon of water per day 135.2oz, 135.2oz, 135.3oz
3) No junk food, PERIOD! none, none, still doing good
4) 4 servings of good veggies per day at least 4!, probably so, yep
5) Bust my ass in the gym twice YES, NO,YEP
6) Do Plyometrics once not yet, not yet, no

Lizards13 03-06-2011 07:44 AM

I've been reading all your posts and I am impressed with how you are tackling your problems. I am an up and downer who has the willpower of a gnat at times. The gym is a hateful place to me and I constantly lose faith in my ability to stick at my goals. I don't have the excuses of being a busy mum any more, I live alone now so it should be easier for me to manage my food. So here are my details and goals
Height 5' 3"
Weight at start of Jan. - 174lbs
Weight now - 165.lbs

Goal by end of 2011 - 130lbs
Mini goal - 28 mar. - 162lbs

Goals for week
1. Keep under 1400 cals per day M-F
2. At least 30mins exercise per day
3. No alcohol during week
4. Eat more protein
5. Be more positive about life in general

cjohnson728 03-06-2011 07:49 AM

Ugh, I am nursing a serious food hangover today. Yesterday sooo did not go as planned. We were gone most of the day, visiting two museums for a school project, and my time estimate was off. Consequently, I let myself get way too hungry and after dinner could not stop eating! All relatively healthy food, but way too much of it. Compounding it was the fact that it was a vegetarian day for me yesterday (I do one a week), so my protein was low, and that usually keeps me feeling full. Mern, I think like you said to almeeker, my body was just craving calories. So, I'm back into damage control mode today and doing all right so far. I've not been terribly hungry but I also know that not eating is the wrong way to handle it, so I've been grazing on healthy stuff.

I'll catch up on the goals later when I fill in tonight's. Just wanted to post to be accountable.

Mike, hope your knee is not a serious problem, and that you drop to your new goal before your revamp tomorrow.

Almeeker, yes, it's a trade off--we do the private coaching route for tennis and have been for about six months now. It really is different from team instruction and coaching and I can say that it's definitely been worth it. My benchmark is always asking myself, "Does he still love it?" If the answer is ever no, then I would feel it was time to back off. As I'm sure you've seen, there are some parents who are WAY too serious about their kids sports. Last week at a tournament I actually overheard one child telling another that he had a "bad birthday" because of when it fell in terms of qualifying for events, and there are kids that will get up at 6 AM to jump rope in the halls of the hotels. Sure, if you're an Olympian, that's one thing, but most kids won't get to that level. End of soapbox.

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend!