FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3556-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-2-28-11-a.html)

Kumochi 03-05-2011 12:22 AM

Way to go Muna. I know it's hard to believe when the scales drops like that but it makes it worth having stuck it out through the unexpained gain. Mary

aspikes 03-05-2011 01:56 AM

yummmm

cjohnson728- thanks so much for the location of the granola bar recipe. I made them last night and they were awesome, even my five and seven year olds loved them.

Hoping for a good weekend, have a great day fitdayers!

01gt4.6 03-05-2011 02:21 AM

Good morning ladies! I jumped on the scale today and my weight is dropping back to where I'd like it to be come Monday when I start my new plan. I hope that everyone has a good weekend.

My mid week report:

1) 2000 cals deficient in 4 days -658, -377
2) Gallon of water per day 135.2oz, 135.2
3) No junk food, PERIOD! none, none
4) 4 servings of good veggies per day at least 4!, probably so
5) Bust my ass in the gym twice YES, NO
6) Do Plyometrics once not yet, not yet

Mern 03-05-2011 05:58 AM

Quinn, I'm glad to read that your Mom is doing OK. I'm sure chemo at 78 was hard to watch. Oh, that's wonderful that her mind is still sharp. My mother died of dementia, which is also hard to watch. I understand what you're going through with your elder care responsibilities and running two households. My older sister and I were lucky to live only a 45 minute from each other, so I was able to help her with that responsibility until it got to the point where Mom had to be put in a nursing home because she required 24 hour supervision. But even with my help, it was a massive responsibility for my sister. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you and your Mom.

Terri, I'm sure I looked quite comical fighting with my umbrella in the wind and rain yesterday. It was a good upper body workout as well. :D
Oh, my! You surely do have low blood pressure! Mine is always in the low end of the normal range, so I am really lucky. A lot of people are surprised that I'm obese and have great blood pressure--we're all supposed to have high blood pressure according to the stereotyping. I'm glad to read that you knew what was happening with your body so you knew when to stop. I was totally uninformed about that, so I appreciate your explaining that to me. So what's your BF's favorite meal that you're going to cook after he fixes your car? Here's a funny--for my Valentine's Day gift DH tracked down and then drove 40+ miles round trip to a junkyard to get an obsolete headlight switch assembly for my year 2000 car and installed it. It cost only $38, but there was a lot of love that went into that gift. It is so much nicer than the Vice Grips I was using for a switch knob. LOL

Cassie, you are our "balance beam" and you do such a good job at it despite your busy lifestyle. I won't have to post that I'm pregnant at 64--you'll hear me screaming in terror all the way from Ohio to Georgia. LOL Aw, I'm so happy that you enjoyed a night off and that you don't have to work this weekend after all.

Muna, congrats on being at your lowest weight! Way to go! I've had days when I knew my scale was going to be nice to me the next day because I had to keep running to the bathroom all day to release the excess water my body was wanting to expel. I think the most pounds I ever went down overnight was three, and I'm sure four pounds lost in two days is entirely possible and very likely reflects both water AND fat loss. Is that 3 HOURS of incredibly fast walking?

Hi, Mary! You are well on your way to your April 1st goal! Congrats on all your hard work!

aspikes, wishing you and all our pals here a wonderful weekend as well.

Mike, way to go on day two of four before your new plan! Congrats on the weight loss. I'm looking forward to reading your new plan Monday!

My Friday food achievements fell a bit short on protein, but calories and carbs were good, especially for eating dinner at a restaurant last night.

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1465
Carb less fiber limit 25g, actual 25.1g--close enough
Protein goal 110g, actual only 72g

Exercise: only 3/4 mile walking at the park, BUT it was in the rain, walking against the wind and I got a good workout despite the short distance.

Water: goal 64 oz., had only about 50 oz.

It's rainy windy and rainy again today and the mall is too crowded to walk on Saturdays, so I did two miles of aerobic walking DVD in 30 minutes/4MPH in my living room.

Wishing everyone a great day!

almeeker 03-05-2011 06:42 AM

Friday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Keep calories in check 1,500 M-F and 2,000 SS. 2,262, 1,516, 1,510, 1,441, 2,636 :eek: Had a relapse.
2. Drink 96 oz of water. NO 84 :eek:, YES, YES, YES, YES
3. Exercise 6 hours. 38 min, 90 min, 82 min, 38 min, 1:52 min (total 6:00) A day early!!!
4. Keep carbs to 45% or lower. 63%, 63%, 48%, 46%, 45% Wouldn't you know it but the only day I make this goal, I'm like 1,000 calories over.
5. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500. +60, -1,025, -819, -929, -7 (total -2,780) I might actually make it this week.
6. Take DD up to school for "walk the halls" at least once. Not yet, Nope, YES! And the kiddos LOVED it!
7. Inflate new stayball. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

Non Fitness Goals:

8. Average 5 items from the "list" daily. NO, NO, NO, YES 6, NO
9. Sign up for race and call SIL about same. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
10. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) and do 1 load of laundry daily. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
11. Clean out 1 small area of basement. NO, NO, NO, YES, YES

I did really well on Friday up until about dinner time, then something snapped and I lost control for about half an hour and ate anything that wasn't nailed down. I think it was the swimming. I took the kids on Thursday and again on Friday, both nights I swam laps for an hour. I haven't been swimming a lot lately, so it's a little outside my workout comfort zone. My arms don't hurt exactly, but they feel really heavy and tired today. And I think the snap was about trying to medicate the fatigue with food, something I have done my whole life. Anyway I'm exhausted again today, didn't sleep well last night, one of the teas I bought apparently isn't caffeine free :rolleyes:, and I had like 3 cups trying to warm up after swimming. Maybe I need to be encouraged by Muna and give up the caffeine too.

BTW the kids started the private coaching sessions on Friday, and it was fabulous. Everything he had the kids work on is well outside my area of expertise. I didn't use a timer on them, but I felt like I was actually watching them get faster in front of my very eyes. And it wasn't so much that they were moving more quickly, but moving with better technique. This motherhood business is hit and miss, but today I'm feeling very comfortable with that decision.

almeeker 03-05-2011 06:50 AM

Mern I gotta say that you are a real inspiration. You've gone from almost zero stamina to strutting your stuff in harsh weather. So the next time it's cold and nasty here and I'm not feeling it at all, I'm going to put on my muckers and go for a stroll. Did I ever tell you that my mom's nickname is "Mer"? I'm starting to think we should all chip in a buy you a pair of rabbit ears, since you're turning into the mom version of the energizer bunny.

Quinn thanks for sharing your inspirational stories about cancer. My family is loaded with the stuff too, and I have had some scary moments myself. So far the parents are free of it (as far as I know), but I worry all the same.

I have more to say, but right now I have to go build a wooden box for the rabbit, she's eaten the whole top off cardboard box that we put in her cage for a nesting box (packing tape and all). I'm sure she'll nibble on real wood too, but hopefully it will last her a little longer than the cardboard has and keep her teeth short and sharp.

01gt4.6 03-05-2011 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 38519)
Mern, if you're pregnant, promise we'll be among the first to know.

Sooo glad it's Friday. Due to lack of planning by the court, I don't have to work over the weekend, but Monday will be very crazy. The weekend's full with other things, so I've enjoyed a night off tonight. Be well, everyone.

I'd guess that 64 she wants to be PG as much as I want to be PG.
Enjoy your weekend off.

Originally Posted by MunaAmin (Post 38520)
Lovely day, surprising results

1) intake under 1900kcal - 1966 actualy, but that included McD milkshake and nuggets, so dinner was 100g of cottage cheese
2) exercise - 3h of incredibly fast walking

Is it possible to lose 4lb in 2 days? I don't think so. Recently I put on a little bit and I thought I was eating too much but it was probably just water, TG. And today morning i am on my lowest weight 161lb i'm so happy

great job on the walking. Yes it's possible to lose 4lb's in 2 days but it's probably water weight. The same for if you were to put on 4 pounds in 2 days.
Which reminds me, crawfish season is fast approaching. I remember last yeah I gained close to 7 pounds in 1 day. I was so damn bloated for the tons of sodium that I consumed.

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 38562)
Quinn, I'm glad to read that your Mom is doing OK. I'm sure chemo at 78 was hard to watch. Oh, that's wonderful that her mind is still sharp. My mother died of dementia, which is also hard to watch. I understand what you're going through with your elder care responsibilities and running two households. My older sister and I were lucky to live only a 45 minute from each other, so I was able to help her with that responsibility until it got to the point where Mom had to be put in a nursing home because she required 24 hour supervision. But even with my help, it was a massive responsibility for my sister. My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you and your Mom.

Cassie, you are our "balance beam" and you do such a good job at it despite your busy lifestyle. I won't have to post that I'm pregnant at 64--you'll hear me screaming in terror all the way from Ohio to Georgia. LOL Aw, I'm so happy that you enjoyed a night off and that you don't have to work this weekend after all.

Mike, way to go on day two of four before your new plan! Congrats on the weight loss. I'm looking forward to reading your new plan Monday!

My Friday food achievements fell a bit short on protein, but calories and carbs were good, especially for eating dinner at a restaurant last night.

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1465
Carb less fiber limit 25g, actual 25.1g--close enough
Protein goal 110g, actual only 72g

Exercise: only 3/4 mile walking at the park, BUT it was in the rain, walking against the wind and I got a good workout despite the short distance.

Water: goal 64 oz., had only about 50 oz.

It's rainy windy and rainy again today and the mall is too crowded to walk on Saturdays, so I did two miles of aerobic walking DVD in 30 minutes/4MPH in my living room.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Mern & Quinn, sorry to hear about your mom(s). I lost my mom back in 1998 to cancer. It was probably the hardest think that I ever went through.

Congrats on your carb # :eek:

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 38564)
Friday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Keep calories in check 1,500 M-F and 2,000 SS. 2,262, 1,516, 1,510, 1,441, 2,359 :eek: Had a relapse.
2. Drink 96 oz of water. NO 84 :eek:, YES, YES, YES, YES
3. Exercise 6 hours. 38 min, 90 min, 82 min, 38 min, 1:52 min (total 6:00) A day early!!!
4. Keep carbs to 45% or lower. 63%, 63%, 48%, 46%, 43% Wouldn't you know it but the only day I make this goal, I'm like 1,000 calories over.
5. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500. +60, -1,025, -819, -929, -284 (total -2,697)
6. Take DD up to school for "walk the halls" at least once. Not yet, Nope, YES! And the kiddos LOVED it!
7. Inflate new stayball. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO

Non Fitness Goals:

8. Average 5 items from the "list" daily. NO, NO, NO, YES 6, NO
9. Sign up for race and call SIL about same. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
10. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) and do 1 load of laundry daily. YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
11. Clean out 1 small area of basement. NO, NO, NO, YES, YES

I did really well on Friday up until about dinner time, then something snapped and I lost control for about half an hour and ate anything that wasn't nailed down. I think it was the swimming. I took the kids on Thursday and again on Friday, both nights I swam laps for an hour. I haven't been swimming a lot lately, so it's a little outside my workout comfort zone. My arms don't hurt exactly, but they feel really heavy and tired today. And I think the snap was about trying to medicate the fatigue with food, something I have done my whole life. Anyway I'm exhausted again today, didn't sleep well last night, one of the teas I bought apparently isn't caffeine free :rolleyes:, and I had like 3 cups trying to warm up after swimming. Maybe I need to be encouraged by Muna and give up the caffeine too.

I can related to eating anything that's not nailed down. It's over with, now pick yourself up and keep chugging along. Your numbers are looking good, but what exactly is a stayball? I assume it's like a swiss ball?? I think I may have one in my garage that also needs to be inflated.

01gt4.6 03-05-2011 08:42 AM

I know everyone loves before and after pics. Almeeker this is for you (I know you're thinking "why does he always pick on me?"). :D

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...1gt46/ball.jpg

Thanks for the motivation. Now it's your turn! BTW It's only took 5 mins. pumping it by hand.

almeeker 03-05-2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 38570)
I can related to eating anything that's not nailed down. It's over with, now pick yourself up and keep chugging along. Your numbers are looking good, but what exactly is a stayball? I assume it's like a swiss ball?? I think I may have one in my garage that also needs to be inflated.

You know the funny thing is that I stepped on the scale this morning after I'd eaten breakfast and had my 2 cups of joe and was wearing my pj's, it said 149.6. Which is only 2lbs heavier than I was yesterday morning. How that's even possible I don't know. A "Stayball" is basically a body ball with 2lbs of sand in the bottom. I don't think it makes it easier to use and stay balanced, but it does a beautiful job of keeping the kids from kicking it around the house. I'm going right now to inflate my new one. One of DD's best buddies was over and bounced himself on the old one to the point where he actually popped it. And right on the box it says, "Unpoppable", so I took it back to the store and made them exchange it.

01gt4.6 03-05-2011 10:25 AM

I think I know what you are talking about.