FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3556-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-2-28-11-a.html)

almeeker 02-27-2011 11:18 PM

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Good morning ladies and gents! Yesterday I ate out every meal, which could have been a calorie disaster, but wasn't too bad. I did go over my calorie budget for the day, but only by a few hundred, and for me that's a win. And not only did I keep it in check, the other people I ate with also made good choices. I never know if it's because they find my weigh loss motivational or they are just plain self conscience, either way they are eating healthier.

Mike, did you find the name of that "helpful" tea yet? Could really use that info.

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Keep calories in check 1,500 M-F and 2,000 SS.
2. Drink 96 oz of water.
3. Exercise 6 hours.
4. Keep carbs to 45% or lower.
5. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500.
6. Take DD up to school for "walk the halls" at least once.
7. Inflate new stayball.

Non Fitness Goals:

8. Average 5 items from the "list" daily.
9. Sign up for race and call SIL about same.
10. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) and do 1 load of laundry daily.
11. Clean out 1 small area of basement.

poohcl13 02-28-2011 12:28 AM

First Time

Okay it's my first time to do this so I hope that I am doing it right!
I have been following the "eating plan" pretty well- not perfect, but what is? I have still been staying in my calorie limits!
Weight Loss Goals
~Walk 30 minutes everday (except Saturday).
~Follow the exercise plan.
~Get up for morning hike on Saturday.
~Get a minimum of 100 OZ of water everyday!
~Get under 200 lbs by the end of the week (202.8 right now!).

Non-weight loss goals
~Get up by 6:30 am every morning
~Get to bed by 10 pm at night
~Get the back porch cleaned by end of week
~Read a little at night
~meditate 20 min/day
~Spend at least 30 min/day in Monk's room, (cleaning and unpacking)!

quinnesec 02-28-2011 01:50 AM

Had a great weekend despite eating out multiple times including a Chinese buffet. Maintained weight at 118 without any gain which I'm really happy with. Weather has been brutally cold, so trail walking has been hard to do. Hope to get out at least twice this week.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything.
2. Keep BMI under 20.
3. Balance pie chart.
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting.
5. Take multi-vitamin daily.
6. Lose 1 more pound this week.
7. Floss every day.

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day".
2. Be more patient with people and situations that irritate me. If I get irritated, let it go.
3. Balance checkbook.

taubele 02-28-2011 02:22 AM

I'm still completely frustrated with a plateau (can one plateau so early in a plan? :( ) I thought I had seen a crack in it last week, only to find I've gained back to above 203 as of this morning. I didn't have the world's best weekend. Had a "girl's night" on Friday, as a friend/co-worker had a longtime boyfriend break up with her and she wanted companionship and fun (avoided the Chinese food! :D but not 2 margaritas :(...) And yesterday, while I was busy and on my feet all day, I was forced to eat fast food for dinner (Dairy Queen, a terrible calorie offender) and got smacked with a gigantic sodium load. I'm telling myself the gain is due to these things. I should have gotten the salad, but I often don't trust fast food salads and have gotten terrible results more than once. I suppose that's an excuse.

Further, going back through my food log I've noted that I've been getting away from fresh fruits and veggies and eating more grains for carbs every day, and I've also been often 55-60% on carbs the fast few weeks in general. So we're just going to get BACK TO BASICS! this week

Food and Exercise Lifestyle Goals:

1) Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily. Get to 72 if I can.

2) Five servings of fruits/vegetables every day

3) 1500 cals/day

4) Only one pasta dish this week for dinner. NO RICE.

5) No boxed/pre-prepared lunches or dinners

6) Exercise 5x this week. (Already exercised Sunday with mixed cardio/strength. Four more times at minimum, 1h. each)

Other Life Stuff

1) Finish Office Space Remodeling (go tax return go!)

2) Get to bed by 11:00 every night, no excuses

3) Up by 7:30, no excuses

4) Clean up "The Bedroom Disaster of 2011"

Good luck to everyone this week!!!!!

64rhoda 02-28-2011 03:22 AM

another day another week

feel better this week still tired and still little runny nose..now if the weather would play nice might be able to get some things done::rolleyes:

1. eat healthy
2. stay at around 1200-1500
3. curling Monday
4. gym the rest of the week

1. finish launday
2. finish Disneyland
3. Pay taxes
4. pay house inc.
5. change money over
6. Banking shit

Mern 02-28-2011 04:09 AM

Almeeker, you rocked on eating out three times yesterday! Way to go!

mhibdon, good going on going--to the gym. :D And put that candy down! :p

poohcl13: Heather, great goals. I'll cyber-celebrate with you when you reach under 200 by the end of the week. My goal is to be under 200 by the end of June.

Cassie, glad you're over your "harbinger of death" :eek: guilt. Also glad you got your old range popped out. Did you have to redo part of the ceramic?

I went over by 18 calories and .1g net carb yesterday. Oh, I know that's really good and nothing to feel guilty about (and I don't) BUT I need to be more cautious as I went just slightly over my limits on calories or carbs like three times last week. Also got sloppy about getting in my 64 oz. water.

Yesterday I got in a mile of non-stop real walking at the park with a pain level of 8.5 from 1/2 mile to the finish line. Level 10 means having to stop to rest. Gaining more stamina, but I want less pain in that stamina. With the 2 mile aerobic walking DVD, I get tired but am not in pain--the real walking uses more lower back muscle, I guess.

Too much sodium from cheese and teryaki sauce caused my weight to stay the same this week. I'm positive that's the reason.

This week's goals:

1. Calculate evening snack before eating it. Don't change it unless doing so will not put me over in either carbs or calories.
2. Calorie limit 1600
3. Total carbs less fiber limit 25g
4. Protein goal 120g
5. Achieve that 64 oz. minimum water all week
6. Exercise: 1 mile real walking at the park or in the neighborhood OR 2 miles aerobic walking DVD depending on the weather.

mhibdon 02-28-2011 04:17 AM

Hey Ladies!
I had a rough ending to last week, but I got over my gym fear, so I have a positive outlook for this week!

canary52 02-28-2011 04:25 AM

Hi Everyone, I'm back. I seem to keep gaining and losing the same five or so pounds but I have been going to the gym and walking and have lost one inch on my chest and one on my hips. One inch. And of course I ahve been tryign to work on my non existent waist which does not budge. Oh well at least it's something, considering I gained 2-4 lbs.

I am so glad to see you all are keeping on; this thread seems very busy! It's a beautiful thing.

OK my goals:
1) stretching and or gym at least 3x a week
2) more H2O
3) hypoglycemic diet
4) meditate
5) write
6) be kind
7) 1 Lyrica a day to control fibro and bp
8) more fruits and veg

Pretty well the same goals I always have.

sandi olson 02-28-2011 05:36 AM

Well, I'm here to complain about weekend eating! Made a wonderful curry vegetable dish for guests last night, and had my one glass of wine for the year. Result - I didn't lose my pound this week (good news is I didn't gain and it's simply water retention). I've had 4 weeks of very good clean eating. I told my husband last week that dessert shouldn't be out of the question forever. So I made a wonderful blueberry crisp (using soy mayo instead of butters, etc). And the next day I tapped into some snickerdoodles, the next into cinnamon bears, next, next and next. You probably all know about this sort of thing!

Every other aspect of the week was pretty good--calorie counts, weightlifting, cardio routines. So this is where I stop beating myself up. Back to work!

Diet/Fitness goals
1) 1300 cal/day, under 30% fat (MET ALL WEEK)
2) 400-600 calorie deficit through exercise alone by doing: (NEEDS WORK BUT PRETTY GOOD--more like 350)
a) cardio 5X/week (4 CARDIOS)
b) weights, 2X/week-full body (MET - 3X)
4) 8+ glasses of water daily (NO NO NO--I've slipped backwards here!)

Personal Project Goals:
1) Spend at least 4 days/week working in my studio (YES--and it shows in my work!)
2) Work in home office--got some deadlines (taxes, side jobs, etc) (NO)

Height: 5'4.5" (and shrinking!)
Start Weight 1/1: 135
Weight 2/28: 127.5 (same as last Monday, darn!)
Goal 3/7: 126.5
4/1/11 Goal: still 122 (not at all confident!)

Good luck to all!

01gt4.6 02-28-2011 05:56 AM

Almeeker, yes I did. it's tazo.

I haven't had much time to think of my goals for the week. They probably won't be too strict b/c next week I'll be cranking it up. Next week I'm going to attempt to go low carb (high fat, high protein). I'll still count my cals and try to keep under 2k a day. My goal will be to keep carbs around 50-60g per day, this will be a huge change for me. Even on my "clean" days I take in ~250g of carbs. So this mean no butterfingers, butterfinger blasts, cereal, oatmeal, bread (no PB&J sammiches), and the list goes on.

I would love to be able to make it a full week. I'll continue to workout like a mad man and I'm about to add in Plymetrics from P90X. I hope this is the change that I need to get my BF% down.

If anyone has tips for me I would greatly appreciate it.

sirion 02-28-2011 06:00 AM

Last week went pretty well. I started on Wednesday and am down one pound as of this morning. I did not meet my goal of tracking my calories on the weekend because I am not on the computer on the weekend, but I did meet all my activity goals and don't think I went over my calories (maybe a bit on Sunday).

I had a hard-boiled egg in my salad at lunch today and hope that keeps me full through the afternoon. I forgot my serving of nuts, though, so I'll have to make that up later today after I get home.

My weekly goals for this week haven't changed except the frequency of activity is higher since this is my first full week:

-Keep track of foods eaten using FitDay
-Keep calories to 1500
-30-day Shred level III for 3 days
-Treadmill walk/run for 3 days
-Ballet 60 minutes 2 days

Weight loss goal to Feb. 28 is 0.5 lbs. YES; lost 1 lb.
Weight loss goal to March 7 is 1 lb.

My main challenges:
"Snacking at work" - Mitigation Plan: I am leaving all my cash at home so that I am not tempted to purchase snacks.

"I will start my diet tomorrow" - Mitigation Plan: Join FitDay and get support from forums.

"I'm too tired to get up and work out" - Mitigation Plan: Turn TV off by 9:30 PM and lights off by 10 PM.

"Letting myself get too hungry before I eat" - Mitigation Plan: Purchase healthy snacks at grocery store to keep at work and in car.

quinnesec 02-28-2011 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 37961)

I haven't had much time to think of my goals for the week. They probably won't be too strict b/c next week I'll be cranking it up. Next week I'm going to attempt to go low carb (high fat, high protein). I'll still count my cals and try to keep under 2k a day. My goal will be to keep carbs around 50-60g per day, this will be a huge change for me. Even on my "clean" days I take in ~250g of carbs. So this mean no butterfingers, butterfinger blasts, cereal, oatmeal, bread (no PB&J sammiches), and the list goes on.

I would love to be able to make it a full week. I'll continue to workout like a mad man and I'm about to add in Plymetrics from P90X. I hope this is the change that I need to get my BF% down.

If anyone has tips for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Mike,

For the first time in my life (I'm 48), I have my BMI and BF% under control. (BMI 19.6, BF% 20.9) and other than walking, I don't work out. I went low carb/low fat, but everyone is different. 90% of my diet is fresh fruit, fresh veg and lean protein. (Most days, I'm probably vegetarian.) It just depends on what works for you. Give the new diet a try and see what happens. Every body metabolizes nutrients differently. Guess it's all trial and error.

cjohnson728 02-28-2011 07:12 AM

Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all are doing well :).

Hope, I'm glad to see you back. I have been thinking about you.

Mike, you know you know how to do this. It's just a matter of discipline. You can do it!

Mern, yes, old range out, no adjustments to the ceramic, just folks who knew what they were doing. Next step is tearing out my countertops on Friday :eek:.

I'm making general goals this week. It's going to be a doozy of a work week and I also realized that I'm needlessly getting too caught up in the scale number (again!) and stressing over the fluctuations, which is probably a reflection of other stressors in my life right now. For this week, I'm keeping it about preserving my sanity!

Weekly Goals:

1. Balance calories eaten with activity.
2. Balance carbs, fat, and protein.
3. Balance work with home responsibilities.
4. Balance work & home responsibilities with recreation/down time, and family time
5. Balance short-term responsibilities with long-term projects.
6. Balance clinical work with administrative stuff.
7. Balance sleeping and waking hours.
8. Balance exercise with cardio, strength, and flexibility.

Not my usual, but we'll see how it works!

Jennybeeb 02-28-2011 07:13 AM

Hello All!

Sorry I abandoned posting last week. I was insanely busy because I had my niece and nephew coming into town on Friday, so I had tons to do between Monday and their arrival. Had a great weekend though, didn’t go too crazy on eating so that is great :)

Sadly I did not get to share my GREAT news last week, but I managed to lose 2.2lbs as of Monday last week. I am going to weigh in this week on Wednesday, so I am hopeful that I at least maintained that loss, or lost even more!

Nonetheless, here are my goals for this week…Going to track everything everyday, and hope that this is a great week for me :D

Health/Fitness Goals for 2/28 -3/6:

1. Eat between 1200-1600cals/Day, 2000 on Sat/Sun
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements
5. Exercise with EA Active at least 4x/Week (Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sun)
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day

Other Life Goals:
1. Finish tilework in the upstairs bathroom this week
2. Spend 15 minutes everyday cleaning/organizing the Kitchen
3. Spend 20 minutes/day reading a book (I have several that I’m trying to get through right now)
4. Do exercises for Knee everyday (Hoping to Start P90X at the end of April, but need knee to be in better condition!)

staceyalberta 02-28-2011 08:29 AM

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan
~ log all foods i've eaten
~ do cardio 6 days
~ do strength training 6 days
~ get 90 oz of water in
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food.
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself .

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times.

NB-PEmom 02-28-2011 09:29 AM

Hi everyone! My goals will be straightforward this week also. We are headed out of town on Friday for 10 days (March break time!), so it'll be a busy week getting ready. I already have my skipping rope and some workout clothes packed.
1. An hour minimum at the gym - no gabbing! Mon - yes
2. Water (4 of my bottles each day) Mon - yes
3. Try new recipe
4. Get to basketball on Thursday night
5. Brush the dog!

Doesn't look like I'll make my goal of -10 lbs before my trip, but I've lost 2 inches from my hips, 2 from my belly, 2 from my chest and 1.5 off each thigh. I know that I've gained a lot of muscle with tone and definition. I'm OK to put on a bathing suit now!;)

cjohnson - what type of "helper tea" are you looking for? I use Uncle Lee's dieter's tea 2-3 times per week. I have had the cinnamon and lemon flavours. Helps to keep the belly bloat away, but make sure you follow the directions!!! ;)

staceyalberta 02-28-2011 09:49 AM

Quinn ~ glad that you had a good weekend even eating out. great job!

Almeeker~ you did awesome with eating out that much yesterday.

mhibdon ~ awesome job getting to the gym

sandi ~ awww been there to many times to count. i think the hardest part is putting a period at the end of the sentence & starting a new chapter, but you can do it. you need to forgive yourself & get back on track as soon as possible.

Jenny ~ the loss is awesome congrats.

nottango 02-28-2011 11:41 AM

Hi everyone!
I dropped out for a few weeks, as I dealt with not getting a job I'd interviewed for. I had a 3 1/2 hr interview:eek:, followed by 2 peer interviews, and thought I'd get an offer:confused:. It really threw me into a depression, and the cold weather certainly hasn't helped. :(
Hope - welcome back, I have been wondering if you're okay.

Goals for this week:

1. Limit calories to 1500. yes
2. Drink minimum of 72 oz. water.probably
3. Multiple vit/min daily.yes
4. Log everything every day.yes
5. 5 frts/veg's per day.yes
6. exercise 5 days.no

non-food/exercise:
7. Meditate - trying to find a new passion.
8. Finish taxes
9. One phone call per dayyes-2

staceyalberta 02-28-2011 11:51 AM

nottango ~ wb that sucks about the job.

poohcl13 02-28-2011 01:05 PM

Monday results!

Weight Loss Goals
~Walk 30 minutes everday (except Saturday). yes
~Follow the exercise plan. yes
~Get up for morning hike on Saturday.
~Get a minimum of 100 OZ of water everyday! no
~Get under 200 lbs by the end of the week (202.8 right now!). not sure

Non-weight loss goals
~Get up by 6:30 am every morning no
~Get to bed by 10 pm at night yes
~Get the back porch cleaned by end of week not yet
~Read a little at night yes
~meditate 20 min/day no
~Spend at least 30 min/day in Monk's room, (cleaning and unpacking)! yes (but without my son :()

mtlgirl 02-28-2011 01:40 PM

Report card for Monday

Hello Ladies & Mike,

Thank goodness for brand new weeks. I must confess that I was a little hungover today! Last night I had my annual Oscar party and I pretty much knew that I would indulge. The food wasn't so bad because I served healthy snacks but damn the wine drinking was a little out of control. Despite being a real snoozefest of an awards ceremony this year, a really great time was had by all and I am just going to chalk it up to a big cheat day!

In other news, I appear to have injured myself at the gym on Saturday. I think I went at it a little too hard and I have been limping ever since!!! I was not even able to work out at all yesterday because of the pain in my groin. Anyway it still hurts! I am really hoping I am well enough to get in my 5 hours of workouts this week! If anyone knows what to do about this groin pain, I'd welcome the advice.

Hope, welcome back! So nice to have you back. I've been thinking about you.

Mern, you are really doing great with your walking. Good for you! But what do you mean about the pain level? What kind of pain are you having? I am sorry to hear about that.

Mhibdon, glad to hear you got over your gym fear! Way to go!

Mike, good luck with your low carb resolution. That is pretty low carb. Keep us posted on the results. I find myself having an easier time now keeping the carbs lower. I usually stay under 30%.

Almeeker, good for you. Eating out is super hard but you really did an amazing job staying on track.

Cassie, boy do I know what it's like to get on that scale too often. I have had to make it one of my goals.

Nottango, I'm sorry to hear about the job. I really hope that something even better comes up soon.

Weekly goals:

1. Eat between 1100-1550 calories per day. YES (1165)
2. Keep carbs under 35% YES 22%
3. Drink minimum 10 big glasses of water per day. YES
4. Stay off the scale until Saturday. YES
5. Exercise 5 hours.
6. Get at least 7 hours sleep per night. YES
7. Sort through bills and mail. Not yet
8. Work on important paperwork. Not yet

cjohnson728 02-28-2011 03:41 PM

Rose, glad you had a good time! I was thinking of you and your "ladies' Super Bowl" last night. Sometimes it's worth it to just cut loose, and as you say, there's always a new week (or day, or hour, or minute) to get right back on the horse.

Nottango, I'm so sorry about the job news. It is an emotional roller coaster; my husband went through it for two years not long ago, and it is a difficult thing to get your hopes up only to have something not pan out. I feel for you and have fingers crossed something comes up for you soon.

Checking in for today:

1. Balance calories eaten with activity.Yes
2. Balance carbs, fat, and protein. Yes
3. Balance work with home responsibilities. Pretty good
4. Balance work & home responsibilities with recreation/down time, and family time. Yes
5. Balance short-term responsibilities with long-term projects. No
6. Balance clinical work with administrative stuff. No
7. Balance sleeping and waking hours. Yes
8. Balance exercise with cardio, strength, and flexibility. Cardio today

MunaAmin 02-28-2011 10:47 PM

Nottango, welcome in depression club :) big hug for you

NB-PEmom i totally agree with your signature - no workout can override a bad diet.

My goals this week:

1) two workouts at home (Tue, Thur) and one in the gym (Sat)
2) keep under 1800kcal
3) stick to these two goals

I came quite off the track so I'm taking it slowly. A big wake up call was that I actually gained about 1.5lb if I don;t change my attitude now, soon I will have back all I lost.

quinnesec 03-01-2011 01:03 AM

Good Morning, Ladies!

Sounds like quite a few are struggling to keep on track during the past week. You know, I think it's the time of year... winter's getting long... we're all anxious to feel the sun on our faces again. (Especially in the far north.) Hang tight... Springtime weather is just a few weeks away. I guarantee that it will change everything. Even bad situations feel a little better in a t-shirt and flip flops! :cool:

Free hugs to anyone who needs one.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes
2. Keep BMI under 20. yes
3. Balance pie chart. iffy
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. Still cold.
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes, started putting it on my dinner plate at night.
6. Lose 1 more pound this week. Trying
7. Floss every day. oops- forgot :o

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". Yes, took mom to lunch and to see "The Kings Speech". She's a 1940's movie aficionado.
2. Be more patient with people and situations that irritate me. If I get irritated, let it go. I'm getting better.
3. Balance checkbook. Too busy yesterday and today... probably tomorrow.

sandi olson 03-01-2011 01:08 AM

Mike, no carbs, really? I've never even considered that! But anything for a week can't be all that bad. I have this terrific detox diet that I kept to for a week and loved it. I was bike racing and thought it would be a bad thing, but it wasn't at all. So good luck!

And omhbidon, I'm glad to hear you're over your fear of the gym. I've been going so long I can't even remember my first day! Being a gym-rat isn't all that bad. I like the intense, get-it-over-in-an-hour (or 2) workouts. Outdoor activities are great but not always possible.

Yesterday I was bemoaning the fact that I didn't lose a pound last week, but voila, this morning it was gone! I should know by now that eating inflammation-causing foods (even small amts) is the problem, and apparently it takes 3 or so days to rectify itself. I know what the foods are, but again you can't be so pure all the time. But at this moment, I'm very motivated.

Height: 5'4.5" (and shrinking!)
Start Weight 1/1: 135
Weight 3/1: 126.5 (better a day late than never!)
Goal 3/7: 125.5
4/1/11 Goal: still 122 (not at all confident!)

Mern 03-01-2011 01:22 AM

Did great Monday:

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1573
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 14.7g
Protein goal 120g, actual 140.1
Water goal of 164 oz. achieved
Exercise one mile non-stop, brisk walk at the park in 21 minutes. At 5'1" I have a short stride, so 21 minutes is brisk for me.

Jennybeeb 03-01-2011 01:58 AM

Health/Fitness Goals for 2/28 -3/6:

1. Eat between 1200-1600cals/Day, 2000 on Sat/Sun No, I eeked over at 1702 calories
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night Yes, got 8 :)
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day No, I did get 80oz though
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements Took Rosehip not Fish Oil though :(
5. Exercise with EA Active at least 4x/Week (Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sun) Did a workout last night (Monday) Woo Hoo!
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day Did this!

Other Life Goals:
1. Finish tilework in the upstairs bathroom this week Not yet
2. Spend 15 minutes everyday cleaning/organizing the Kitchen Nope
3. Spend 20 minutes/day reading a book (I have several that I’m trying to get through right now) No, I was too tired and just went to bed :)
4. Do exercises for Knee everyday (Hoping to Start P90X at the end of April, but need knee to be in better condition!) Had physical therapy, so yes :)

aspikes 03-01-2011 02:29 AM

I really enjoy these motivational threads, thought it was time to post! :D

Daily goals:

Stay under 1200 cal. 1700 ugh, yep!
Workout 5 days yep, yep
15 minutes a day in kids bedrooms yep, yep
no nail biting yep, yep
5 bottles water yep, yep

Goals for week:
Make tax appt.not yet
paint bed not yet
list breastpump and clothes on CL not yet

Kumochi 03-01-2011 02:58 AM

Nice to see so many of us posting again. I credit this thread with keeping me on track last week. I to lost a couple pounds where I would usually gain. I did have to remind myself a couple times there was no reason to go off track just because I did not have my usual foods available.

I have discovered I can make good choices while away from home. I also learned it is better to not try to do exactly what you do at home but to plan activities and food that fit in with your setting. That may help me with the 2 weeks I need to be away in April.

For March I have no excuses. This week I am starting working with a new exercise DVD for toning and resistance training. I also want to go swiming at least once, keep the calories under 1500 daily, and burn at least 2500.

Spring is coming. Mary

taubele 03-01-2011 03:03 AM

Mern, sounds like you're doing great with your walking! Keep it up! I wish I had the chance to walk outside more. Maybe I'll do so this weekend.

Mhibdon, I used to hate the gym too!! I had to go with a buddy (who dragged me). Getting through the first one is tough, great going.

Mike, that's quite a carb goal! You can do it. You're a very inspirational person, and you know what works for you!! Do it to it sir! :D

Almeeker, good job on the eating out! I get nervous with just one meal out, I can't even imagine more than one. You're awesome!

Nottango, I'm sorry to hear about the job. There's nothing like that to just make you feel terrible. My Mom is going through the same thing right now -- over two years since she was suddenly laid off in '08, and no nibbles on the line. Hang in there.

mtlgirl -- Ouch groin pain!!! I suffered through some groin injuries in high school (was a catcher for softball). They're really tough to get through. You don't realize how much you use your groin muscles until you hurt one, or both! The trainer used to recommend a LOT of rest and stretching; gentle stretching, it shouldn't be painful. She said rest was really the key -- to just stop doing anything if it hurt, because it would prolong recovery (and put ice on it immediately if I did overexert). Usually took me about a week to ten days to get over the old groin pull.

Monday Report Card:

Food and Exercise Lifestyle Goals:

1) Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily. Get to 72 if I can.
Monday-->Actually made it to 80 oz. :eek: Personal record!

2) Five servings of fruits/vegetables every day
Monday --> No, only got 4

3) 1500 cals/day limit
Monday --> 1,442

4) Only one pasta dish this week for dinner. NO RICE.
Monday --> No pasta/rice!

5) No boxed/pre-prepared lunches or dinners
Monday --> Success!

6) Exercise 5x this week. (Already exercised Sunday with mixed cardio/strength. Four more times at minimum, 1h. each)
Monday --> Day off (Total 1 day, 1 hr.)

Other Life Stuff

1) Finish Office Space Remodeling (go tax return go!)
Monday --> Powered through most of it! Just some reorganizing left to do. 90% done!

2) Get to bed by 11:00 every night, no excuses
Monday --> 11:30. Though I was about to go to bed at 11:00 when I found out that my darling boyfriend had received his first acceptance for publication of his short fiction, so the 1/2 hour was for celebrating and goofy dances!!!

3) Up by 7:30, no excuses
Monday --> 8:00 >.<

4) Clean up "The Bedroom Disaster of 2011"
Monday --> Nope, still looks disastrous in there.

Also, note: The scale went from 203.7 on Monday to 201.4 today (Tuesday morning)! :eek: Plateau almost over?! I think it was the water! I shall keep drinking water!!!! 200 is so close I can TASTE it. I have a hope that I will be in One-derland by Friday, which would be exactly two months into Fitday and would be a GREAT 2-month anniversary milestone.

~Terri

01gt4.6 03-01-2011 03:28 AM

Okay I still haven't come up with a plan for this week... BUT I'm planning ahead.:D

Here's my plan for next week:
Drink 1 gal of water a day
Take my goal weight (165#) and multiply by 10-12 to get daily calories = 1650-1980 cals/day
Take in 50-60g of carbs per day
Goal weight x 10 to get daily grams of protein = 165g

I need to tweek it some to get my carbs and cals up a tad. It's kinda scarey seeing my pie chart look like this.:eek:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ten_Page_1.jpg

blackrhino2 03-01-2011 03:31 AM

Hi everyone!
I decided my goal of losing 4 pounds in 2 weeks is a bad idea. I feel like I am setting myself up for failure and that the goal is just plain stupidity. I need to lose slowly, because I want to be able to keep it off and not feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends to be a certain number of pounds, only to then feel like I want to binge. That I have done before, many times! Plus, I'll look good no matter what in the bikini because I know I'll be having a great time! (I'll just keep repeating that to myself.)

So, my new goals for this week are not a calorie focused goals.
-I want to eat slowly, enjoy the meal, reflect on if I am hungry/satisfied.
-I want to choose healthy food options but still allow for alc, cheese, and chocolate in moderate portions.
-I want to continue to be active by doing both cardio and weights atleast 3 times each this week
-I want to continue to track everything and to stay within my WW points

Tonight is WW and I'm going to go to the meeting but not weigh-in. I had three parties this weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sun) and Thurs nite I overdid it on the peanut butter, remember? So yeah...umm I had a fantastic week but I prob ate like 35 points over my WW allowance. However, I also ran a total of 15 miles from Mon-Sunday, including 1 rest day! :D

01gt4.6 03-01-2011 03:41 AM

yeah peanut butter is going to be the death of me. I found a peanut butter that's more addictive than crack, seriously (don't worry, I won't tell you what it is :cool:).

cjohnson728 03-01-2011 03:45 AM

Terri, big congrats to you; you are smashing your way through your goals! Mern, you are rock-solid on your progress as well; have come to expect that from you!

Mike, gotta say I've never seen a pie chart look quite like that. Keep us posted on how it works. WTG...no Butterfingers or Blasts in the log ;)!

Mary & Julia & Sandi, I just love the way you ladies think through and analyze your situations and allow for flexibility. Your approaches are so thoughtful; I'm sure it will pay off.

Quinn, congrats; almost there! How is your husband doing this week ;)?

MunaAmin, great job on putting on the brakes early. Be gentle with yourself. Use us if you need to vent.

Welcome, aspikes :). Glad to have you along! Glad Jenny's back with us, too!

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a great day. True, spring is almost here; it's hit us here in the south and I'll instruct it to move quickly up to the northern climes!

cjohnson728 03-01-2011 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 38044)
yeah peanut butter is going to be the death of me. I found a peanut butter that's more addictive than crack, seriously (don't worry, I won't tell you what it is :cool:).

I think the key for me is to get the freshly ground stuff (peanut, almond, cashew); without anything to sweeten it, a serving is plenty.

Though someone told me about Justin's Nut Butters (including the chocolate ones); those I'm afraid to try :p:p:p

01gt4.6 03-01-2011 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 38045)
Mike, gotta say I've never seen a pie chart look quite like that. Keep us posted on how it works. WTG...no Butterfingers or Blasts in the log ;)!

I may actually start a Journal then. I plan on logging moods, cravings, and any new changes that I notice (ie energy level, BM's, whatever). Some things I obviously won't get into too much detail with.:D

01gt4.6 03-01-2011 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 38046)
I think the key for me is to get the freshly ground stuff (peanut, almond, cashew); without anything to sweeten it, a serving is plenty.

Though someone told me about Justin's Nut Butters (including the chocolate ones); those I'm afraid to try :p:p:p

I've used fresh ground before and it's pretty good but to be honest I like Naturally More w/ flax seed more. BTW NM isn't the crack type I was referring to, it's good but not THAT good.

azrunner6 03-01-2011 04:18 AM

Just the start of the diet and exercise and the cravings have already won one battle :( But today is a new day and I have to tell myself to give myself some slack but not actually follow through ;) Otherwise I'll never stop the sweets!!
Goals this week:
1. Gym every day for around 50-60 mins
2. Run/ walk 2 miles, interval training, trying to jumpstart the body into training mode have 13 mi to acheive my Sept
3. Eat 5 small meals a day, limit candy to 0 and breads to 5 throughout the week
4. Bed by 9:30 up by 5:30- 6 need to start doing the am run before it gets hot!
Personal goals:
1. Take 1-2 hours out of the week for me time
2. Take pups on 2 walks a week
3. Cook dinner for husband and me 5-6 nights a week
4. Keep up on housework and crafts, doesn't all have to be done at once
5. No wino :( Unfortunately I think I need a reprieve from the wino to concentrate on my fitness

I keep telling myself once you can manage your weight and fitness without such restrictions you won't have to have these rules!
Where there is a will there is a way!!!

Mern 03-01-2011 04:29 AM

Welcome, aspikes and azrunner :)

Cassie, I'm glad you didn't have to remove part of the ceramic to get the range out.

Taubele and Rose, thanks for the kudos on my walking.

Taubele, I hope you can have more chances to walk outside.

Rose, in a nutshell, I've had lower back pain from standing or walking
since 1977 I when I fell off a ladder and hit my lower back on the rim of a metal bucket. The doctor didn't order xrays or anything--just told me to stay off my feet until my back healed. It never did heal, but I learned to self-manage the pain. I found that sitting down for just one to two minutes almost completely alleviates the pain until my stamina runs out again. I'm trying to increase my non-stop walking distance so DH and I can go on a walking tour of the historic district of Philadelphia some time this year.

staceyalberta 03-01-2011 04:51 AM

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan m 83%,
~ log all foods i've eaten m yes
~ do cardio 6 days m no
~ do strength training 6 daysm yes
~ get 90 oz of water in m yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food. m yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself. m yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.m yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my housem yes
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times.1 yes