Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-02-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn- you mentioned that most days you are sort of vegetarian (I would have quoted you in that little box, but I don't know how to!) How do you stay low carb with vegetarian? I have been trying to add lots more fruits and veggies to my diet and not eat meat, but my carbs are through the roof! I do have one banana a day which I know are higher, but other than that the other fruits are lower in carb.

I haven't been on all week due to dancing my toes off again for next Saturday's event, but I have mentally been going over my goals and so far not to bad. There was the one night that I got left alone in the kitchen with a flourless choc. torte, but hey, let's not go there.....

Hi to all the new people. Glad to have you.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

DISCLAIMER: I am not recommending my low carb diet or my food choices for anyone. Mike asked me what I eat and I'm obliging. Please consult your doctor as to what you should eat and what kind of eating plan to follow.

I intended for my food log to be displayed in this message just long enough for Mike to see it and he did. No secret--just doesn't apply to anyone else so doesn't need to remain here taking up space.

Last edited by Mern; 03-02-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I appreciate your caring, but my doc and I carefully worked out what's best for me due to my pre-diabetes. I don't know about Pritkin. I'm sticking with her since my weight has come down, my good cholesterol is higher and my triglycerides lower, and my blood sugar is down. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Old 03-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, thanks a lot, doesn't look much different than mine.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

I think the whole protein-carb-fat discussion illustrates how individual this process is. My carbs are high, by y'all standards...50-55%...and my triglycerides are sitting at 53, cholesterol at 113.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, find what works for you (be honest about it) and do that. There's a difference between trying something suggested by someone else to see if it might work and feeling like you have to do it because it's the "right way."
Old 03-02-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

Mern,

I was teasing you and Mike. Everyone has to do what their body requires and of course, what their physician recommends. My physician recommended a triglyceride-lowering diet and as a result, I lost weight. Less fat in my mouth, less fat on my rear... kind of as simple as that. lol
Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 PM
FitDay Member

Check-in for Wednesday:

1. Limit calories to 1500. yesyes.yup
2. Drink minimum of 72 oz. water.yes.yes.yes.
3. Multiple vit/min daily.yes.yes.yes.
4. Log everything every day.yesyes.yes.
5. 5 frts/veg's per day.yes.yes.yes.
6. exercise 5 days.noyes.yes.

non-food/exercise:
7. Meditate - trying to find a new passion.sorta.no
8. Finish taxes no.not yet.
9. One phone call per day.yes-2.no.Yes!

Love reading everyone posts!
Old 03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday's Report Card

My goals this week are baby steps....
  • return to tracking food and activity daily T / W- yes
  • get 8+hours of sleep per night M / T - yes
  • exercise on the elliptical three times this week W - yes
  • take things one day at a time T / W - yes
Things are settling with family....division of property, separation agreement, health care etc are now all settled for my in-laws. Mom in-law will move in with us in 2 weeks. Can't wait. Everyone's quality of life will improve so much....

Routines will definitely change, but we will have a new normal...
Old 03-02-2011, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

This thread was so active today that I can't even begin to catch up. If any of you are expecting a reply from me and didn't get one, please bring it to my attention again.

Quinn, I'm glad you were kidding! I don't know everyone well enough yet--was wondering if you and mystery were going to try to sling cyber-oatmeal at Mike and me. LOL You'd have keeled over laughing if you'd seen the surprised look on my face when you suggested going low carb and low fat. I think my mouth actually dropped open but I wasn't angry or disgruntled--just amazed anyone would say that. I actually fell for it. Well, I enjoyed ending my day with a chuckle after your message that you were kidding.

Cassie, I agree everybody is different. The only right way is what is best for the individual according to their dietary and medical needs.

Lizzie, welcome!

Almeeker, you are among many inspiring people here! Thanks so much for all you do for our group.

Taubele, I didn't know you live in Florida. My brother lives in Gulfport near St. Pete. Oh, being in a room with no windows really must suck big time! My daughter's BF works swing shift, too--10AM-8:30PM but four days a week. I hope you are able to get in a nice outdoor walk this weekend--just for the sheer enjoyment of it.

Rose, you sweetie. Are you feeling any better? I did have a great walk today, thanks. Added an extra minute and had better stamina.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Keep calories in check 1,500 M-F and 2,000 SS. NO 2,262, 1,516, 1,510
2. Drink 96 oz of water. NO 84 , YES, YES
3. Exercise 6 hours. 38 min, 90 min, 82 min (total 3:30)
4. Keep carbs to 45% or lower. 63%, 63%, 48% closer
5. Calorie deficit for the week of 3,500. +60, -1,025, -819 (total -1484)
6. Take DD up to school for "walk the halls" at least once. Not yet, Nope, YES! And the kiddos LOVED it!
7. Inflate new stayball. NO, NO, NO

Non Fitness Goals:

8. Average 5 items from the "list" daily. NO, NO, NO
9. Sign up for race and call SIL about same. NO, NO, NO
10. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) and do 1 load of laundry daily. YES, YES, YES
11. Clean out 1 small area of basement. NO, NO, NO

I did okay today, didn't meet all my goals, but made some of the harder ones, overall maybe a B+ for the day. I took the kids up to the high school to "Walk the Halls", and they had a ball. The funniest one was our youngest. Normally she's a bit of a turtle, the last one into the car, the last one out of the car, the last one to bed etc etc. But tonight at the school she was like the energizer bunny, she just kept going and going and going. Now the halls are open for "walking", but she ran almost the entire time, much to the delight of the local senior citizens and maybe 1/3 of the HS boys track team (who were also running). I'm probably going to hurt a little tomorrow from trying to keep up with her.

BTW Quin that is maybe the BEST fish story I've ever heard, and I've heard plenty. I used to have a friend that ran an off shore fishing charter boat, and every summer we used to go fishing. Well okay we used to get really drunk and ride around on his boat, there may or may not have been any bait on the fishing lines but who cares, we're drunk on a boat and getting tan (more like a really bad sunburn because we passed out on the prow of the boat - again). But who cares, we're on a boat drinking catching fish, I think.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-02-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.