7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-22-2011, 05:28 PM
FitDay Member

quinn and cassie, i watched the beginning of that 600 pound woman documentary and then turned it off b/c I needed to go to bed soon and it was just such a sad way to end a Sunday night. I felt the worst for her daughters. I felt like she had so much control over them and that they were at her beck and call, bathing her and changing her. It seems like the mom is manipulative, and maybe even abusive, having her daughters suffer while they have to care for her each and every day. But then again, at a certain age it is the daughters who are responsible for giving in to their mom, and they weren't strong enough to stop buying her all of her unhealthy food.

Quinn, I'd say I'm mostly a grazer. I need to eat snacks in between main meals so that I am not as likely to overeat. i wish I had a better idea of what worked for me regarding how many cals I should eat, and what percentages of C/F/P I work best with.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
FitDay Member

As for yesterday and today, I finally managed to limit my junk food (biscuits) habit. My calorie intake dropped by 300kcal. I want to push it down even further, 1600kcal would be ok. Today I got on 1770kcal clean. Yay!

my goals this week:
1) report myself daily to this thread with 400kcal around 600kcal actually
2) exercise every 2nd day plus saturday killer workout yes 53min of cardio
3) stick to vegetarian diet yes
4) practise driving not today

mhibdon, maybe you washed away worries and stress, sometimes we carry around a lot.

mtlgirl, sounds like you have a very busy life! I hope you enjoyed your party

Stacey, welcome back after the weekend, and well done on making the right choices. Every bit counts.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone I just wanted to stop by and say I am still alive but my boyfriend has been sick again so I've been staying home taking care of him but I should be back to normal posting by tomorrow! Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:51 PM
FitDay Member

muna ~ good job on controlling the biscuit habit that's a huge thing. glad to be back in my routine. i missed coming on here...lol.

julia ~ have you ever watched super sized vs super skinny? its a british show that you can seen on youtube very interesting. i don't think i could have watched that doco about the 600 lb woman.

jess ~ *waves* hope boyfriend is feeling better soon.

i'm going to just keep my goals the same this week until i reach them & with the long weekend i certainly didn't...lol, but i made good choices still. last 4 days i've been having a sore throat & now a cough, but i don't feel like i have a cold. very strange. have bellydance tonight woo hoo, shimmy my booty away...lol. Friday i get a massage mmmmm love my massages!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:33 PM
FitDay Member

Julia, I see you said your goal is to fit into your jeans more comfortably and you don't know how many calories you should be eating.

Have you tried using the WEIGHT GOAL tab on Fit Day? If you have some idea of how much you weigh now and what would be a reasonble weight loss for you by a certain date, you could use that to find out how many calories you should be eating.

For instance, in the WEIGHT GOAL box I put 240 as my starting weight on 1/17/2011. For my goal weight (actually a mini-goal) I put that I'd like to be 199.5 by 6/26/2011 and then I clicked the button right under the dates UPDATE MY WEIGHT GOAL

Most health care professionals recommend trying to lose no more than 2 lbs. per week, but it depends a lot on your metabolism.

Under the UPDATE MY WEIGHT GOAL button you'll see CALORIE BALANCE. Click that and it will take you to a screen telling you how many calories you burn - calorie restriction = calories you can eat.
Mine says I burn 2576 calories - calorie restriction 886 calories = calories I can eat is 1690 per day.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by Mern; 02-22-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl View Post
Anyway thanks to you guys and this thread, I am here beginning a fresh new week with new challenges and a renewed commitment.
There ya go, Rose! Way to do on putting last week behind you. Glad you were able to nip it in the bud and restart.

Cassie, sorry your scale is being so mean to you. Since you know you don't have a 7000 calorie surplus in such a short time, the scale should show you a good adjustment soon. I swear sometimes our scales are just plain wrong. Oh, golly! Stay out of that pantry! Hope your shoulder is better soon! I had a severe bout of tendonitis and bursitis a couple years ago and wound up in physical therapy. I know how debilitating that pain can be.

Quinn, I love bread, too. Must be hard, especially when you're good at baking it. Is there something you can think of to set new bread limits for yourself--maybe a number six on your food and fitness goals? Hint, hint. Come on, we know you can do it. On keeping your mouth shut when your husband tells you he lost more weight: a few months ago I saw an elderly lady on TV talking about spousal relationships. She said, "Sometimes it pays to pretend to be deaf." LOL My scale has been up 1/2 pound for three days and I refuse to accept it, so I am not changing the weight in my signature. When it says "229" I just say "Wrong--228.5."

Stacey, kudos on your good choices while out of town. It's hard to keep up with this active thread even when we're IN town. We all know you care about your group members here and don't expect you to try to catch up on the posts. Enjoy your dancing. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your cough and sore throat.

Muna! Congrats on limiting the junk food! Way to go, girl!

Jess, wishing your boyfriend well.

Last edited by Mern; 02-22-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:35 PM
FitDay Member

mern ~ thanks!!! it feels good to be here & back in the routine.

HELLLLPPPPPP I WANT SUGAR....LOL MUST RESIST!!!!

Last edited by staceyalberta; 02-22-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hang in there, Stacey! You can do it!

Got any artificial sweetener or diet pop, Crystal Lite, anything like that?

I made the mistake of eating two pieces of sugar free candy after lunch and now I have only 49 calories left for a snack tonight. I'm going to eat cooked kale and have a diet orange soda. Not joking. That'll bring me in to only 6 calories less than my limit.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:47 PM
FitDay Member

mern ~ yup chugging down some diet pop. thanks for the support.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Yea, Stacey! Way to go!

Fruited yogurt (well, I use Kroger's Carb Master Dairy Blend fake yogurt at 3 or 4g net carbs per serving) strawberries with artificial sweetener, and anything I can dump cinnamon also help me get through some tough times. Yeah, it's not the same as candy or other sweets, but they save my butt lots of times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.