Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-21-2011, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Okay, so today was my weigh in! I'm fairly certain that my scale is playing with me! I weighed in prior to shower (178.2) and then after shower with wet hair and everything and I weighed 177.6! What?! Of course I'm going to take this number and use it to encourage myself, but I didn't think that I was that dirty or hairy! Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Old 02-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Monday, Monday:

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yes
2. Achieve a 250 calorie deficit daily. Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yes
4. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. Yes
5. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not yet
6. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Hubby bailed on me halfway through yoga
7. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Yes
8. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. While I was out, yes; changed into the grubbies to make bread
9. Meditate on three things daily I'm grateful for. Yes

Practical stuff:

10. One office organizational task daily. Yes
11. One room's trim painted (long shot-we're at a tournament next weekend and that shoots that, but school is out this week and work is slow, so maybe it will happen). Not yet
12. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Yes

Glad to see you back, rubypeanut, and hope you and taubele feel better soon!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Okay, so today was my weigh in! I'm fairly certain that my scale is playing with me! I weighed in prior to shower (178.2) and then after shower with wet hair and everything and I weighed 177.6! What?! Of course I'm going to take this number and use it to encourage myself, but I didn't think that I was that dirty or hairy! Has anyone else had this happen to them?
did you pee in the shower?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
did you pee in the shower?
I didn't! I am so confused! I even have a good head of long, curly (read: hydrophilic to the extreme) hair! What on earth could have happened?!

Last edited by mhibdon; 02-21-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:19 PM
FitDay Member

Monday achievements:

Carb less fiber limit 25g, actual 25.1
Protein goal 110g, actual 137.9g
Calorie limit 1600, actual 2141. Not binge eating or emotional eating or impulse eating--the only junk food or food taboo on my diet was one light beer at lunch with a friend. I still had a 435 calorie deficit.

Water goal 64 oz., actual 68 oz.
Exercise .64 miles real walking in my house because it was rainy outside. Had to quit when lower back pain level got to 10 out of 10.

Cold outside today. Will walk indoors again, but avoid the sunken living room steps which I THINK may have caused the decreased walking stamina yesterday. Will give it my best shot again today aiming for .9 miles that I wanted to achieve yesterday.

Mike, it was I who said "tomorrow is another day..." I meant another new day, another chance to succeed. I wasn't feeling down on myself or anything. Thanks for your encouragement, though. You spoke with me about Map My Run. I've been using it ever since you told me about it--even for logging distance on my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs DVD in my living room, and now for walking in my neighborhood and soon at the park. Really versatile program--I really like it. Thanks for that suggestion.

Quinn, since you suspect trying the new restaurants is sabotaging your efforts and bringing home half your food isn't working, is there something else you can do when trying new restaurants? Like maybe skipping sauces, substituting broccoli or some other low calorie vegetable for starches like rice or potatoes?

Last edited by Mern; 02-22-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Monday

Hi Everyone,

I sound like a broken record these days but life sure is boring when all you do is work work work. I worked on the weekend, got home at 8pm last night, and I am so tired I can't stand it. My gig ends in less than 2 weeks now and I just can't wait!!! Woohoo!

Last Thursday I had a dinner party and totally fell of the wagon. There was wine, too much cheese, homemade brownies for dessert... I tried to chalk it up to a one-day hiatus from my plan but I have a real problem handling the guilt! Before I knew it, one day turned into three days of over-indulgence. I haven't weighed myself because I am praying that my past month of diligence with the exercise and the food will compensate. Now I am definitely kicking it up a notch!

Anyway thanks to you guys and this thread, I am here beginning a fresh new week with new challenges and a renewed commitment. For now I am keeping the goals simple since I have to keep my nose to the grindstone and make it to my work deadline. With all that pressure at work, my plate is pretty full.

1. Eat between 1300-1550 calories per day: YES 1300
2. Keep carbs under 35%: YES 30%
3. Take my multivitamin: YES
4. 30 Day Shred 4X: YES
5. Gym 3X:
6. Drink 2.5 liters water per day: YES

Last edited by mtlgirl; 02-21-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Rose, I've been there many times also. It's tricky to let go of the guilt enough so that you aren't sabotaged by it, but also remembering what happened so it doesn't happen again (or at least not as often).

Mern, your attitude is awesome! I need a dose of that myself this morning.

I'm trying not to be frustrated, really I am. My scale showed a 2 lb. gain from last week, and a percentage point up in body fat. I know I overindulged Friday night, but no other slips, and there's no way I indulged 7000 calories worth. Consequently, I'm trying to talk myself down and not give up and eat a half dozen muffins for breakfast.

Unfortunately, I've hurt my shoulder pretty badly somehow, so my tennis plans for today are canceled. I'm just going to go ahead and do a consultation at work and hopefully will be able to get myself on the treadmill later. Thanks for being here, y'all. If not for this thread, I could be halfway through my pantry by now . Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default It's The Bread! lol

When I was at my highest, somewhere around 148, I was making about a dozen different kinds of Artesian breads. There's something about the smell of bread baking, alone, that adds calories...
Old 02-22-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Stuck carefully to calorie limit, (actually came in at 1100) balanced pie chart and gained .5 lb.! How the heck does that work???

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes
2. Continually drink fluids all day long. yes
3. Balance pie chart. Add more protein. yes
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting. weather not permitting
5. Get BMI back under 20. I'M TRYING!

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!) yes
2. Make sure daughter obtains necessary signatures by Friday's deadline. (18 in total!) sent her out the door with it
3. Try to keep mouth shut when husband says, "Oh look! I'm down another 5 lbs.!" while eating nothing but garbage. Mums the word
Old 02-22-2011, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

i'm here everyone. i was out of town & didn't have access to a computer for me it was a long weekend. i made pretty good choices i still have to think of my goals. i'm not going to try to catch up on posts sorry, but i'll continue from here on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.