Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Rose, glad you've got your eye on the next break...sometimes that's what gets us through the crazy times. Although if you're like me, you get more done and stay on plan better the busier you are, though I'm not sure why that works?

taubele, I hope all goes well at the doc's. Must be significant to be stressing you out; get your rest, relax, and take care of that back.

My Tuesday:

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance). Yes, Yes
2. Achieve a 250 calorie deficit daily. Yes, Yes
3. Sleep 7 hours a night. Yes, Nope, woke up in awful pain in my shoulder
4. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read. Yes, Yes
5. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two. Not yet
6. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members. Hubby bailed on me halfway through yoga
7. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week. Yes
8. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now. While I was out, yes; changed into the grubbies to make bread, Yes, until workout at 4 PM
9. Meditate on three things daily I'm grateful for. Yes, Yes

Practical stuff:

10. One office organizational task daily. Yes, Yes
11. One room's trim painted (long shot-we're at a tournament next weekend and that shoots that, but school is out this week and work is slow, so maybe it will happen). Not yet
12. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby. Yes
Old 02-22-2011, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default wow and its Wednesday already...

I haven't been on-line. Got a disturbing call Sunday night. We are in the process of moving mom in-law in with us(80 yrs old, abandonned weeks ago, can't drive and on oxygen)....assisting with divorce, property settlement, change of wills, selling the house...etc. DH is devastated. My goals this week are simple....
  • remember to eat
  • go for a walk each day (emotional break as well as exercise)
  • support the family in their emotional needs
  • return to fitday upon our return home.
This is the first opportunity I have had to be on-line and tracking food has not been the priority. In fact remembering to eat and get others to eat has been the challenge.

Wishing everyone love, peace and happiness. Take care.

See you in a week or so....
Old 02-22-2011, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Rose, glad you've got your eye on the next break...sometimes that's what gets us through the crazy times. Although if you're like me, you get more done and stay on plan better the busier you are, though I'm not sure why that works?
I am like you. Why is that? When I'm really busy I squeeze my workout in first thing in the morning because I don't have time to do it at any other point during the day. When I have a day off, I procrastinate the workout and sometimes end up not doing it at all! This time I know it will be different though. I am going to Florida on March 21st and I am going to boost my workouts like crazy. I have made so much progress fitness-wise that I just can't let that slide. I am so glad I took Mike's advice and took pictures. My body has changed a lot, even if the changes on the scale are not dramatic. It's unbelievable how much toning up does for the figure! Having to wear a bathing suit in public has been my biggest motivation!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
taubele, I hope all goes well at the doc's. Must be significant to be stressing you out; get your rest, relax, and take care of that back.
Cassie, I don't like to talk about health issues much, but it is a stressful one! When I was 19 I developed a rare breast tumor; luckily it was caught before it turned malignant -- I kept pushing for the doctors to do tests as I was sure it was not normal, even though given my age the docs were reluctant to believe it was anything truly bad. Eventually I found one who took me seriously and I had it removed. Benign, but possibly could have been bad if left in me for a long time (pre-cancerous -- though it was rather large, the size of a ping-pong ball!). You can imagine, at 19 years old, it freaked me out (breast cancer is not for 19-year-olds, or so my brain told me!)

I was told by the surgeon that it shouldn't grow back -- it was a rare type of growth, and VERY rare for my age -- unless he missed some of the original mass, and he took out a LOT of tissue. Fast-forward 8 years, and there's something feeling a little funny in there. It may simply be a fibroid, but given my history I've been ordered for a battery of tests on Friday. I'm trying not to think about it too much and hoping for the best. I've been, for the most part, blessed with good doctors, and the one I have now is definitely taking care of me and would rather be safe than sorry.

So just keeping my fingers and/or toes crossed! Thanks very much for the encouragement. My back is much better today, there's an elliptical with my name on it tonight!

Bubbs -- I am so sorry to hear about your MIL; what a terrible thing to have to go through for all involved. I'm glad you and your family can be there for her. One day at a time!

Last edited by taubele; 02-23-2011 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Old 02-23-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Well the good news is my boyfriend is feeling better but we've hit another major bump in the road. I won't go into much detail but I'm just worried about having a roof over our heads in April. I'm hoping things work out so I just ask for everyones prayers as times may get tough soon and I'm trying to keep my head above water. And trying to stick with my calories, I'll make my goals when I get to work but they will be small until I get things figured out.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
I haven't been on-line. Got a disturbing call Sunday night. We are in the process of moving mom in-law in with us(80 yrs old, abandoned weeks ago, can't drive and on oxygen)....assisting with divorce, property settlement, change of wills, selling the house...etc. DH is devastated.
Bubbs,

I've been dealing with a similar situation for the past five years. Although my mom, now 85, remains in her own home near mine, I still have sole responsibility for her complete care and home as well as my own. (No help from "golden child" sibling.)

The only advice that I can give is to take one day at a time. If you look at the work and responsibility long term, it's hard. Throughout my life, I have cared for 3 older family members when others went MIA. I've taken care of tired, sick friends of my own children and wiped buckets of tears away. I've listened to stories that would have made their own mother's hair curl.

I have to believe that instead of it being a burden, I have been blessed with a large, comfortable home that is a safe, comfortable refuge for anyone who needs it. Our motto is if you're tired, hungry, lonesome or just need a place to crash, come on over... we'll set another place at the table.

It's been an awesome experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But always put your needs and those of your family first. What's left, you're free to give to others.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday's Report:

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes, yes
2. Continually drink fluids all day long. yes, yes
3. Balance pie chart. Add more protein. yes, yes
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting. weather not permitting, hopefully today
5. Get BMI back under 20. I'M TRYING! 20.04

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!) yes, yes
2. Make sure daughter obtains necessary signatures by Friday's deadline. (18 in total!) sent her out the door with it, 2 to go
3. Try to keep mouth shut when husband says, "Oh look! I'm down another 5 lbs.!" while eating nothing but garbage. Mums the word, He claims he's down again after eating an entire bag of potato chips last night... UUUGGGHHH!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Well the good news is my boyfriend is feeling better but we've hit another major bump in the road. I won't go into much detail but I'm just worried about having a roof over our heads in April. I'm hoping things work out so I just ask for everyones prayers as times may get tough soon and I'm trying to keep my head above water. And trying to stick with my calories, I'll make my goals when I get to work but they will be small until I get things figured out.
Jess,

Your signature says it all... Stay positive and stay on track. That's the key to everything in life. Working together, the two of you will find a solution as things unfold and grow closer in the process. The solution is always right before your eyes... sometimes you just have to squint to see it!
Old 02-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness:
1) -2100 cals for the week -349, -544
2) workout 3 days yes no
3) no cereal for the week none no
4) Avg a gallon of water/ day 140oz.,120oz.
5) Take Daily Vitamin... DAILY yes, yes
6) Take Fish Oil daily yep, yes
7) Avg 145g Protein (or more) per day yes 202.2g, 165.7g
8) Avg 26% or lower fat for the week 21%, 30%

**The next two I will only attempt once this week so I will not update until I attempt**
9) Bench Press 275#'s (shooting for my body weight +~100#)
10) Dead Lift 310#'s HELL YEAH!

Other:
1) Change the brakes on my car not yet, this weekend
2) hound Almeeker daily until she registers for the race just a little, sort of
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Tuesday's Report:

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes, yes
2. Continually drink fluids all day long. yes, yes
3. Balance pie chart. Add more protein. yes, yes
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting. weather not permitting, hopefully today
5. Get BMI back under 20. I'M TRYING! 20.04

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!) yes, yes
2. Make sure daughter obtains necessary signatures by Friday's deadline. (18 in total!) sent her out the door with it, 2 to go
3. Try to keep mouth shut when husband says, "Oh look! I'm down another 5 lbs.!" while eating nothing but garbage. Mums the word, He claims he's down again after eating an entire bag of potato chips last night... UUUGGGHHH!!!
very good quinn and your BMI # is impressive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.