Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-25-2011, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Made it to the Y again -- cardio and weights today - no swiming but I may take the kids later. I can't wait to get home and get an "official" weight. The wii here has me below 185 which is one of my breakthrough weights. I'm afraid to post it because of the different scales and converting from KGs to pounds. I have lost .8 kg (almost 2 pounds) by the wii this week.

I think I have discovered something helpful for when away from home. I have not been able to do my usual routine, however I have made a point of planning ahead, being active and controlling my calories even when eating out. It's working.

I usually use being away as an excuse to go totally off and goof off for the week. It will be so much nicer to go home down 2 pounds. 2 more days to go.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Just a quick check in as I have a lot of work to do today. I'll try to come back later and do personals.

First, a big thank you to everyone who sent me advice and suggestions after my woozy suspected low blood sugar incident. I ended up eating 1500 cals yesterday instead of my original 1200 target and felt good at bedtime, satisfied but definitely not overfull. I think the gaining I've done has been from mindless eating and not listening to my body enough. I'm going to shift my calorie target to 1500 and see how today goes. I've been using the FitDay calorie calc. Do people seem to think this is a good one? Or should I use a different one? It is very slow, I think.

Ok, next (sorry if TMI)--I'm constipated. This is not related to the diet. I never used to have a problem but in the past 3 months, it has been a continuing issue. I drink tons of water and eat at least 25g of fiber per day plus hard cardio and other activity. Any suggestions on this one? I've been doing Metamucil 1x/day for a while which helps, but I would rather do everything through diet if possible. I eat fruits and veggies, usually 4-5 servings per day. I don't do many refined grains. I just can't figure it out.

Gotta get to work
Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sirion
Ok, next (sorry if TMI)--I'm constipated. This is not related to the diet. I never used to have a problem but in the past 3 months, it has been a continuing issue. I drink tons of water and eat at least 25g of fiber per day plus hard cardio and other activity. Any suggestions on this one? I've been doing Metamucil 1x/day for a while which helps, but I would rather do everything through diet if possible. I eat fruits and veggies, usually 4-5 servings per day. I don't do many refined grains. I just can't figure it out.
there is a tea that I just heard a bout that works wonders... and tastes great. I'll get the name of it and reply back.

Kumochi, planning ahead is very improtant. Congrats.

Almeeker, good luck on the costume. Ever thought about changing your name from "mom"?

Julia, peanutbutter can be my weakness, don't let it get you down, move on...

Stacey, your #'s look good, keep plugging away.

Cassie, Your #'s also look good but it's time to get some sleep!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-25-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

I forget to talk about my FAIL.

I decided to attempt to bench press 275 last night. Well it's been a while since I've been on a flat bech, the program that I'm doing has had me doing decline bench lately. Well on decline your head is much lower than your feet so when you lift the bar up, it naturally wants to go back b/c of the angle of your body. You have to push your arms forward to keep the weight over your chest so you can go straight up and down without risking cutting your head off.

Last night I got on the flat bench, loaded up 225# to do a few reps to warm up. I lifted the bar and out of habit push my arms forward. When I did this I was no longer at the right angle with my arms. With my arms now angled too far down too much weight b/c it was no longer a chest exercise. Well... I could no longer hold the weight up and it quickly came down on my chest, almost instantly from lifting the bar up. Luckilly, I had my spotter there. I gathered my senses, knocked out 2 warm up sets of 225#, took a sort break and loaded up 275#. I got it up okay, and this time slowly lowered it down (didn't let it crash down on me ) but on the way up I needed a little help.

So I missed my goal but didn't get seriously hurt so I guess it could have been worse.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Started Something New

Today I started something new in my quest to maintain my weight loss. Just for kicks, I went back to my original journal entries from January of 2010. What an eyeopener! Wow. You know, sometimes after you've been at (or below) your goal weight for awhile, you totally forget what it was like to be heavier.

I actually cried when I read some of the entries. It was like I was reading someone else's journal. I hated the way I looked so much. The first couple of weeks I really spilled my guts and it was awful.

So, here's my suggestion. For those of you who have journaled and are in maintenance or even if you've been journaling for a long time, go back and read the entries that you made when you first started your weight loss journey.

Before I read my entries, I think I had forgotten where I had been. So, I've promised myself to read an old journal every morning. When you read how miserable you were at your old weight that sweet roll or burger lose their appeal and it's a lot easier to stay on track the rest of the day.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

that's awesome quinn. Writing in the journal is something I've never done. I guess I could go back and look at some of my really old videos.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

It's not too late, Mike. Start today. Even if you just write a couple of lines... something that maybe you wouldn't have the courage to say out loud to anyone. It's really therapeutic!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default Great idea!

Even if you haven't journaled, you can still read some of your old posts. I agree, it is definitely a mind-opener and lends a lot of perspective.

I have one, probably about a year ago, that I believe Stacey started called "What do you love." She asked us to identify something about ourselves, appearance, body, etc. that was a strong point, since we all have strengths as well as weaknesses. I couldn't do it. I struggled and struggled with it.

I am in such a completely different place now, it's hard to believe it was the same person. Change does happen. Like Quinn said, even if you start today, think of where you will be in a few months or a year, that you can look back on now and feel so much better.

Oh, sirion...I have read that if you take a calcium supplement (or calcium in vitamins), you can become constipated from that, and the best way to combat it is to take some magnesium.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-25-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, I am so excited! My novice crew coach wrote me out an exercise plan! I love this woman! Friday = Success!

Mike: You are crazy lucky that you didn't injure your chest or ribs! Good on ya for pushing through and getting your 275 set in!

Last edited by mhibdon; 02-25-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

Have to have dinner tonight with someone who will be talking all night about how wonderful HCG is. (Despite the fact that she lost a ton of weight and gained it all back in 3 months... plus some...three times).

I know some people have great success with it. To you, good for you. I'm happy you found something that works for you.

As for me, I'm kind of a holistic, tree-hugging, granola-loving girl who couldn't do it. But to each his own. I never talk about how I lost weight unless I'm asked (...and then I hesitate) because no one likes to hear the truth that it's a butt-load of work and everything your MD has told you for years.

But, I will smile from across the table and play nice...as she analyzes everything on my plate, in front of everyone, and tells me why 500 cal. a day (mostly red meat) is a good thing. Must keep mouth shut, must keep mouth shut.........

Quinn, remember... everyone has their own way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.