Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
It's not too late, Mike. Start today. Even if you just write a couple of lines... something that maybe you wouldn't have the courage to say out loud to anyone. It's really therapeutic!
Hmmm I may have to try that. If there's anything that I don't have the courage to say out loud, I would think I'd be more nervous to put it in writing... on the internet. LOL

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Even if you haven't journaled, you can still read some of your old posts. I agree, it is definitely a mind-opener and lends a lot of perspective.

I have one, probably about a year ago, that I believe Stacey started called "What do you love." She asked us to identify something about ourselves, appearance, body, etc. that was a strong point, since we all have strengths as well as weaknesses. I couldn't do it. I struggled and struggled with it.

I am in such a completely different place now, it's hard to believe it was the same person. Change does happen. Like Quinn said, even if you start today, think of where you will be in a few months or a year, that you can look back on now and feel so much better.
True, every now and then I'll read an old post (usually it's my "Hey Fattie..." thread).

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Mike: You are crazy lucky that you didn't injure your chest or ribs! Good on ya for pushing through and getting your 275 set in!
yeah, I wish I could have actually lifted it though. Oh well, it gives me a chance to revist my goals. Between this and my 1/2 marathon goal I think I should be busy for a while.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, you're right... remember that everyone has their own way. When people would ask me what I did, I'd tell them diet and exercise. They always look dissapointed when I said that. HCG does work but SHE didn't. After losing her weight she probably went back to her old ways, as many people do. It's the people that can change their thinking and lifestyle that will have long term success.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

Great suggestion Quinn. I do a paper journal most days and I will sometimes look back at what I have said about my physical ability or pain. The increase in fitness is at least as important as the improvement in appearance.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

What's HCG?

My mom is doing WW and loving it. She's down over 40 lbs now and finally learning how to eat properly. I'm so proud of her. She's been able to cut back her diabetes meds substantially and her AC1 is right on target.

As for me, you may remember that I have no self control and have not been bringing cash to work so that I am not tempted to buy a snack. This is the third day of my diet. Yesterday, I found $5 in the bathroom and bought a snack. Today, my boss dropped a KING size bag of Peanut M&Ms on my desk to thank me for my hard work. He has never before done that. GAH! Can you believe it? I ate the whole bag because I suck. I am still in my calorie limits for the day, although my fat % will be too high.

Perhaps next week will go more smoothly?

That's neat about the old journals. I should maybe start journaling. I started a much better workout routine about a year ago and am so much stronger. I wish I had written down what I was doing back then so I could compare it.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Kumochi ~ that's awesome that you made it to the gym again. your so right the more you plan ahead the more successful you will be.

mike ~ thanks the #'s feel awesome gees be careful with those weights you don't want to hurt yourself...lol. i love your 'hey fattie' thread...lol

quinn ~ what a great idea. i need to be more consistent with my journal. i journal my food, but i need to journal my thoughts & feelings too. aww good luck with your dinner. that's a shame that she gained all the weight back, but i guess eventually you stop taking HCG & then what? i have to admit i don't know that much about it.

casie ~ thanks now i'm teary eyed AGAIN today...lol. yeah i remember that post & how you struggled with it. gees i'm so emotional today i got maybe 3 hours sleep last night from this cold. chris had me just blubbering over a misunderstanding...lol
Old 02-25-2011, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike--that is so scary about your press attempt. I'm glad you had a spotter. I have a friend with a metal plate in his head because he did NOT have a spotter. Thankfully there was no brain damage, just a skull fracture.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
almeeker, hang in there and keep your eye on the prize. You've got this, just get through today and you'll be back on your game. If you can do it, I can do it, and I've already been through one crisis this morning a la kitchen remodel snafu, and those durn cookies are yelling my name. "We will soothe you; we will make it all better," they sing. So, let's buckle down, do what needs to be done, and then it's right back to putting the energy back where it belongs.

One of my son's friend's mothers used to have a sign she would put on her shirt when she absolutely could not be disturbed. It said, in big letters, BLOOD SNAKE FIRE...and the kids understood that those were the only circumstances that would warrant interruption.

I have no report on the effectiveness of said sign.
ROFLMAO!!! That's perfect, only mine will need to be in pictures rather than words because I'm working with pre-readers here, and I think I'm going to take "snake" off the list. I hate snakes. I also think I need a t-shirt that says "I love kids that tattle, they're delicious, good with a little bar-b-que sauce".
Old 02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Almeeker, good luck on the costume. Ever thought about changing your name from "mom"?
Costume is almost done, my sanity is not completely intact, so now would be a good time to change my name.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

almkeeper ~ good job on having the costume almost done woo hoo
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Costume is almost done, my sanity is not completely intact, so now would be a good time to change my name.
lol, looks like Stacey already did.
Originally Posted by staceyalberta
almkeeper ~ good job on having the costume almost done woo hoo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.