Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-16-2011, 06:26 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Jess, bleeding nipples is something that some runners get, which reminds me... watch this awesome video YouTube - My 120 pound journey.

What an unbelievable video. I actually got teary eyed at the end, damnit!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm really slow apparently since it's already Wednesday, and I haven't updated like everyone else has! Ha ha

Here are my updates:

Health/Fitness Goals:
1. Eat between 1200-1400 cals/Day No, No, (Not sure about today yet?)
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night Yes, Yes, I hope so!
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day No - 80oz., Yes, Already at 60oz. today
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements Yes, No, I have no idea why I have trouble remembering these!
5. Exercise with EA Active for Playstation 3x/Week (Tues, Thurs, and Sat) No
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day Yes, Yes, Yes (and my head is letting me know I am missing the caffeine!)

Other Life Goals:
1. Do 1 load of laundry per day & Freecycle clothes no longer needed/wanted No (it was Valentine's Day), Yes, I am planning on it!
2. Clean Bathroom & Clear out Bathroom Cabinet (Monday night) Did this on Tuesday
3. Clean Kitchen for 20 minutes (Tuesday Night) Fiance helped with doing this since I skipped my cleaning for Monday
4. Vacuum & Mop Dining Room & Kitchen, also take out trash (Wed. Night)
5. Send out Wedding Save The Dates (Thurs Night)
6. Complete Budget for March 2011 (Friday Night)

I'm doing pretty well overall I think...I have missed my goal for calorie intake, but honestly I'm pretty happy that I'm just tracking everything I've put in my mouth and it's giving me a realistic picture.

I'm REALLY proud of myself that I tracked everything I ate on Valentine's Day - often times I'll skip tracking for a special occasion, I guess because that way I don't have to admit to myself that I consumed a huge amount of calories or something :-/

Nonetheless, I am doing really good and am enjoying this thread!

I'm interested in the scratch cooking that quinn was talking about, and am thinking about going to find this thread that Cassie said she was going to start I would definitely be interested because right now I'm working at least 50 hours a week, and would love to eat more from scratch, but I just don't feel like I have time even though I know it'd be good for me :-P
Old 02-16-2011, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Jess, bleeding nipples is something that some runners get, which reminds me... watch this awesome video YouTube - My 120 pound journey.
Oh wow, is it a serious condition?

And all right, hopefully I can figure out how to work the speakers on this computer lol

Ooh and what a wonderful vid =) It got me inspired.. now I just need to wait for the snow to melt so I can run!

Last edited by jhowar16; 02-16-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Oh wow, is it a serious condition?

And all right, hopefully I can figure out how to work the speakers on this computer lol
Don't know, I've never had any of my 3 nipples bleed.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HankG
What an unbelievable video. I actually got teary eyed at the end, damnit!
yeah, me too.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Don't know, I've never had any of my 3 nipples bleed.
Man I never know when you're joking or not lol I don't know you well enough yet =P

So when is your video going to be done? You were working on one, correct?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:59 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Quinn!!! Keep it up and I hope you enjoy your trail hike!

Maintenance is also a struggle for me. I would love to pop into some of my friend's heads who have been skinny forever and really understand how they view food. Seriously, I'm so curious.

I have stayed w/in 10 pounds of my goal weight for 5 years, but it has taken work. I think that it gets easier a little bit because your good eating habits become just that-habits. However, there are always celebrations--I feel like I am going to celebratory drinks/parties/events 3x per week. Learning how to work these events into my life without gaining weight is my challenge. I believe that keeping off the weight would be much easier if I had a very predictable routine every week for my entire life, but that wouldn't be a great life for me, so I need to learn moderation. I think this mostly takes a bit of restraint...something I'm still learning.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

p.s. I loved that video!

also, i stayed on track all day yesterday regarding points, but then I had a low fat laughing cow wedge. so that put me a bit over by 1 pt.

i worked out this AM, had a delicious breakfast of oats and almond buttahhh and just ate a monster salad for lunch.

Here's to continuing the positive trends!

Michael--I just want to wish you a big congratulations as I hadn't read your stats until I saw what Quinn wrote re: your weight loss. You are amazing!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Man I never know when you're joking or not lol I don't know you well enough yet =P

So when is your video going to be done? You were working on one, correct?
lol. I didn't do a video, I've been a lazy slug.

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
p.s. I loved that video!

also, i stayed on track all day yesterday regarding points, but then I had a low fat laughing cow wedge. so that put me a bit over by 1 pt.
cool, glad you enjoyed it. I love laughing cow cheese.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Michael--I just want to wish you a big congratulations as I hadn't read your stats until I saw what Quinn wrote re: your weight loss. You are amazing!!!!!!!
Well thanks, Julia. Really, I don't do anything special. And I feel bad sometimes that many people have such trouble losing weight when I find it fairly painless (once the "switch" in my head is flipped on, that is). I think the best I can do to make amends for myself is to offer what support I can to others who find themselves in the same situation.

As I've said before (and will likely say again and again), the time will come when I need to lean on everyone here, especially those such as yourself, when it comes time to maintain my loss as that will be my biggest challenge.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.