Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10 >

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 2/14/10

Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Michael, in all seriousness, you are so good at this that I can totally see you becoming a counselor for bariatric patients when all is said and done.

Just to put the bleeding nipple issue to rest, Jess, it's from the shirt rubbing against you on a long run, nothing serious. I unfortunately had the experience early on on the treadmill, being blessed/cursed with little less than an A cup and preferring to exercise without a sports bra if I'm at home. I didn't get to the point of bleeding, but I could see how it would go that far with distance and time.

Julia, rock on, girl!

Back to work; no time to hang out today .
Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Stop whatever you are doing right this second (and let's be clear here, I know you are sitting on your butt looking at your computer monitor), drop down and do as many push-ups as you can for one whole minute. It's okay if you have to drop down to your knees, but don't let up for the whole minute.

Okay now how many did you do?

I managed 15 regular and 17 more on my knees. This was after I'd done planks, so my arms were already shaking, I expect your numbers to be higher, now get to it.
I finally got time!

Phew.. Did 20 Regular and 14 on my knees =P Usually when I'm doing some sort of exercise like pushups or sit ups I tell myself to get to a certain number, then once I'm there if I still can keep going I do! But I need to work on my arm muscles lol
Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey, thanks for the noodle massage of the IT Band info.

Now I understand. You probably wrote it just fine to begin with and I just couldn't grasp the picture in my mind.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Michael, in all seriousness, you are so good at this that I can totally see you becoming a counselor for bariatric patients when all is said and done.

Just to put the bleeding nipple issue to rest, Jess, it's from the shirt rubbing against you on a long run, nothing serious. I unfortunately had the experience early on on the treadmill, being blessed/cursed with little less than an A cup and preferring to exercise without a sports bra if I'm at home. I didn't get to the point of bleeding, but I could see how it would go that far with distance and time.

Julia, rock on, girl!

Back to work; no time to hang out today .
Ah, that makes sense, I was going to google it but thank you =) and does it happen to everyone then because my cups are a size C but I have never ran a marathon or anything, but then again I wear a bra most times.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jhowar16
Ah, that makes sense, I was going to google it but thank you =) and does it happen to everyone then because my cups are a size C but I have never ran a marathon or anything, but then again I wear a bra most times.
I would say that it doesn't happen to most people. I use Body Glide on my legs, I hear it works good on feet to prevent blisters and nipples to prevent them being rubbed raw. If my legs were a little smaller I could save the money that I spent on Body Glide, but I don't think I want to have bird legs.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Ah I have been so busy this week, so I have only been logging and I haven't even looked at the forums! I spent all day yesterday making decorations for our blue and gold ceremony, and all weekend doing making valentines stuff for people. On the upside, that's less time in front of my computer right? Well, I do have some goals I have been working on:

1. Work out at least 3 times this week (I would do more, but a bunch of guys are over finishing our basement)
2. Drink 4 of my 36 oz water bottles a day
3. When I am hungry, drink a glass of water, wait 10 minutes and then eat a HEALTHY snack.
4. Stop eating when I am satisfied, not full. (seems like 'full' kicks in about 10 min later)
5. Substitute sour cream and ranch dressing for cottage cheese and eating things plain.

So far, so good! I missed being on here, I will try to check in more over the next couple days.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I would say that it doesn't happen to most people. I use Body Glide on my legs, I hear it works good on feet to prevent blisters and nipples to prevent them being rubbed raw. If my legs were a little smaller I could save the money that I spent on Body Glide, but I don't think I want to have bird legs.
All right, I guess I'll just keep a look out for that when I started my running in a few weeks =P
Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Michael,

I'm still curious... what do people say when they see you after losing 150+ lbs.??? After I lost 30, people asked me if I got a haircut! LOL They knew something was different, but weren't sure what.

Mike,

To prevent future nipple injury , perhaps you could buy a box of those little, round band aids found in assortment packs!!! LOL (Oh, please post a picture if you do!!! )
Old 02-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Michael,

I'm still curious... what do people say when they see you after losing 150+ lbs.??? After I lost 30, people asked me if I got a haircut! LOL They knew something was different, but weren't sure what.

Mike,

To prevent future nipple injury , perhaps you could buy a box of those little, round Band aids found in assortment packs!!! LOL (Oh, please post a picture if you do!!! )
I've been lucky and never had that issue. I could just use some pasties, right?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I've been lucky and never had that issue. I could just use some pasties, right?
Honey, we could all use some pasties!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.