Super Moderator

Body Health Goals
1) Keep calories above 1000 1005, 1009, 1028
2) 3 lifting sessions 1, 0, 0
3) Get 6 hours minimum sleep every night 7, 7:30, yes, taking melatonin again
4) Get to one dance class! no, no, no

Mental Health Goals
1) Make 3 phone calls I have been dreading/putting off no, no, no
2) Open January's mail 1envelope, woot! I looked at the pile, but just decided to walk away, I swear it's looking at me!
3) Take god daughter out for a FroYo date no, no, no
4) Clear one room of clothes to keep/donate/toss no, no, no

It is snowing!!! YAY!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies, I'd like a motivational kick in the pants. This past week I've let myself eat crap because of hormones, stress, and emotions and I think I just need a mantra or something for when I start to dive head first towards the cookies.

Also, I understand that grieving the death of a loved one is a natural process; however, I don't want to deal with my grief through the emotional eating that I've always done.

Help please?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon View Post
Hey ladies, I'd like a motivational kick in the pants. This past week I've let myself eat crap because of hormones, stress, and emotions and I think I just need a mantra or something for when I start to dive head first towards the cookies.

Also, I understand that grieving the death of a loved one is a natural process; however, I don't want to deal with my grief through the emotional eating that I've always done.

Help please?
If you don't mind a spiritual bit....

''Surely, our souls, wealth and families are wonderful gifts from God which He has loaned to us so that we may take benefit from them for a set period; and he takes them away after the termination of that period Thus, gratitude becomes binding on us when He gives, and patience becomes obligatory when He takes away.

Your loved one was also from among the wonderful gifts (of God) and a loan from Him. God enabled you to enjoy him in a way that was both enviable (to others) and pleasing (to you); and now, in return for great reward, mercy and forgiveness providing you exercise patience- He has taken him away from you. So do exercise patience. Know that bewailing and complaining does not help bring back anything nor does it repel grief and sorrow. And whatever is to happen is set to happen. May you be in peace."
Old 02-10-2011, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Nice photos, I also do photography, mostly for friends. Good luck on your goal. I would like to be 20 lbs lighter by my 38 birthday with is the end of march. I would like to stay positive but I am starting to have doubts. I stopped smoking on the 21st of Jan. and started working out the following monday. Lost 5 lbs gained it back plus 1 in two weeks. What am I doing wrong?!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report Card

Health and fitness goals:

1. Keep calories to 1,500 weekdays and 2,000 weekends. NO 2,123, NO 2,069, NO 2,291
2. Workout 6 hours. YES 90 min, YES 36 min, YES 1:08 (Total 3:14)
3. Drink 96oz water. YES, YES, YES
4. Calorie deficit 3,500 for the week (average 500/day). -399, -317, -404 (total 1,120)
5. Limit grain based carbs to 2 servings/day or less. NO 5, YES 2, YES 2
6. Eat 5 servings of fruits & veggies/day. NO 4, YES 6, YES 6
7. Take measurements! YES

Non-fitness goals:

8. Make treats for Valentines party and bake sale. YES, YES
9. Average 6 items/day from the "LIST". NO, YES 6, NO (Daily ave 6/3=2)
10. Clean out one small area of the basement. NO, NO, NO
11. Clean out car. NO, NO, NO it was a balmy 12 deg F
12. Get DH and DD's Valentines. NO, NO, NO
13. Get 2 pieces of DD's bloomer dress finished!!! NO, NO, NO but I looked at it and went out a bought some stuff for the bonnet
14. Call Grandma. NO, NO, NO
15. Register for race and call SIL about same. NO, NO, NO

Stacey I totally LOVE the belly dancing outfit! Last summer I was at a local festival and there was a group of belly dancers scheduled to perform. They did individual dances and then a group dance. Anyway while the the first one got started the rest of the women were lining up to take their turn and one of them was rather chubby, and I could overhear people making comments. She went last, and then they all promptly shut up because she was absolutely the best one of the bunch. It was beautiful to watch them dance, I wish I had just a tiny bit of talent for that. I might try it anyway, but there is no way anyone would want me to dance in public. So you go to it, and know that I am jealous.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

i feel better this morning. i followed the one tip and that was to not turn on my computer when i wake up. by doing that it was easier to focus and get my workout done, do alittle metitation and take a shower and still have plenty of time to eat some breakfast. i think i just gotta keep up this way no matter what i need to get done just get up and focus on nothing else but workout.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yunalee View Post
i feel better this morning. i followed the one tip and that was to not turn on my computer when i wake up. by doing that it was easier to focus and get my workout done, do alittle metitation and take a shower and still have plenty of time to eat some breakfast. i think i just gotta keep up this way no matter what i need to get done just get up and focus on nothing else but workout.
I have the SAME problem! I think I will have to make it a goal of mine. It's a terrible habit. Thank you so much for giving me the inspiration to keep that lap top off until after the workout. I am going to try that tomorrow morning!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon View Post

Help please?
Boy do I understand you. I had a really hard time getting over my dad's death. It will be one year at the end of March. During the course of his illness I gained 20 pounds. It was extremely traumatizing. My dad was not an old man either, he was only in his 60s. One thing I learned is that your heart and your mind need the time to heal before you can really dive into a rigorous fitness routine. I recommend hot yoga, or swimming, or meditation for the first little while. Staying away from the cookies is very hard. They're such comfort foods. I found that journaling helped me tremendously as well as seeing a therapist who was a truly lovely woman.

This is a time to really take the best care of yourself that you can... a close friend of mine said to me and I never forgot, "Time will not heal your heart, but in time your heart will grow around the wound and keep on beating." For me, the grief is far from over, and I doubt it will ever be gone but I am happy and I have stayed away from emotional eating. When I do slip up, and nobody's perfect, it's been important for me to forgive and move forward. Never let a slip-up defeat you. Come here and vent all you need. You are not alone!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Yunalee, I totally agree about the computer thing! I was compulsively checking my 5 email addresses, googling for the most minor things, and playing games. One day I was telling someone how addicted to spider solitaire i was, and she said something that really hit home. "Oh, you can't give up on life!" I'm an incredibly involved person in many arenas and I never thought of it as giving up on life, but I finally removed all games from my computer. And vowed to never search for "free" sites again. That was months ago.

So now back to my report on yesterday's progress! I may need to adjust my goal for calorie deficit through exercise in another week or so--might be too high. Nutrition and Water intake are great and that's helping me lose weight (at least the "bloat".

Diet/Fitness goals
1) 1600 cal/day, under 30% fat (M/yes! 1362, 27%)(T/yes 1300, 20%)(W/990, 15%)
2) 400-600 calorie deficit through exercise alone by doing: (M/no)(T/220)(W/280)
a) cardio 5X/week (one half-hearted-sick)
b) weights, 2X/week-full body (one down)
4) 8 glass plus of water (yes)(T/yes)(W/yes)

Personal Project Goals:
1) Spend more time in my studio--4 days/wk minimum (just BE in my space--as my husband reminds me "you won't paint if you're not there." (M/no--worked all day)(T/no)(W/yes--finished a painting, did framing jobs)
2) Gather tax stuff - almost done (partly)(no)(no)

Start Weight 1/1: 135
Weight 2/10: 130
Goal 2/17: 129
4/1/11 Goal: still 125!!!

Good luck to all!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

My Goals for the week... Some to continue, some new.

1. Eat at least 3 fruit and 2 vegetable servings a day. no, no, no
2. Limit bread to one serving a day. yes, yes (0), yes
3. Carry a water bottle with me at all times. yes, yes, yes
4. Walk 30-45 minutes daily. (Wimpy compared to normal, I know.) yes, yes, yes (Did laps around a "big box" store! )
5. Take multi-vitamin daily. yes, yes, yes
6. Continue with "weight-loss mode", changing calorie intake due to lower activity level. yes, yes, yep- doing great!
7. Limit calories to 1200. yes, yes, yes

To Do List:

1. Get tax info ready for accountant. TOP PRIORITY! no, getting motivated, DONE!!!
2. Continue with positive attitude and energy regarding injury. yep, another good day Tuesday, meh...
3. Do something nice and/or unexpected for someone each day. I did, yes, yes
4. Help daughter with NHS and college entrance letters. No, working on teacher recommendations, a work in progress

Walking may be put on hold again today (22 below windchill). Looks like we may hit mid-30's this weekend so I can hit the groomed, "woodsy" trails cautiously. Kudos to those of you who brave walking in this weather! I don't know how you do it. I start my SUV from inside my home, get it nice and hot and then run the 15' to get there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.